MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #101
ccmatthews

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
k6 1000
00 cr250
02 wr426

is ur bike a lowered fifty?
ccmatthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BW8 lane filtering/splitting pics, bumpy ride on lane dividers urbanXJ General Discussion (Moto Related) 96 06-30-2016 12:29 PM
Share the lane (lane splitting is not a crime) stickers SideVinder650 General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 08-07-2014 08:30 AM
Lane-Sharing lane-splitting, white-lining or filtering NoFear General Discussion (Moto Related) 165 08-14-2008 03:30 PM
Went down today in the HOV lane mnovell General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 08-01-2006 07:29 AM
if I was off work today ScooterTrash Off Topic 20 03-30-2006 08:34 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #102
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
So you're saying that you ride some place that has gridlock traffic and one lane full of I-beam hauling 18-wheelers that you can pass through whenever you want instead of riding in houston where regular 18-wheelers haul big trailers.
no.

I said many trailers. up to and inlcuding the I-beam trucks.. you can pass under those (i-beam) with your arms sticking straight up in the air.. its the trailer trucks you better know your spacial reasoning. as pointed out, not all are the same height. know the consequences if you up.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #103
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

...talk about a thread jack...
Old 07-18-2010, 09:55 PM   #104
GAU-8
official thread ender.

no its not a fifty! lol its a 600 cc bike... here it is in its most famous form..

VERY first pic

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...t=dirtay+party
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:56 PM   #105
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

totally looks like it can blast right under a trailer bro
Old 07-18-2010, 10:01 PM   #106
DMC
Death May Come

Bike(s):
2000 Suzuki SV650 project bike

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to DMC Send a message via Yahoo to DMC Send a message via Skype™ to DMC
personally though the the lane spliting law for tx didnt pass i follow its guidlines

-only 35mph or under
-do not exceed 10mph over current traffic speed
Old 07-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #107
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

I will say that the 18 wheelers that carry the I beams.. yea. they are pretty far off the ground.. i mean they were almost up to the roof of my car..

but a semi with a trailer.. i might have to raise the BS flag here...
Old 07-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #108
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC View Post
personally though the the lane spliting law for tx didnt pass i follow its guidlines

-only 35mph or under
-do not exceed 10mph over current traffic speed
Yea without a whole lot of reasons being stated as to why it is bad... i am starting to wish it had passed.

if anything they should repeal the helmet law and replace it with the lane splitting law.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:22 PM   #109
Grimace

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf_White_GT View Post
Yea without a whole lot of reasons being stated as to why it is bad... i am starting to wish it had passed.

if anything they should repeal the helmet law and replace it with the lane splitting law.
Seriously, I agree. Those that are stupid enough to ride without helmets should be allowed to ride without them so they don't breed. I hate when government stands in the way of evolution.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:57 PM   #110
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
Seriously, I agree. Those that are stupid enough to ride without helmets should be allowed to ride without them so they don't breed. I hate when government stands in the way of evolution.
I just never got why the person that was soo against lane splitting for "safety" reasons (i can only assume), fought to allow bikers a choice on if they want a helmet or not, which as we all know; no helmet = idiot. Hey look everyone.. its irony, and i founded it.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:35 AM   #111
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

helmet's only affect the rider in regards to potential for an accident, they don't increase/reduce the chance of an accident as opposed to lane splitting (not too mention the potential for abuse of 'lane splitting').
Old 07-19-2010, 01:17 AM   #112
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

So what you are saying is we can have a law that states : It is ok to not wear a helmet, though you will most likely end up as hamburger when you inevitably fall.

But we cant have a law because the possibility for injury is "high" and there is a good chance to get tickets out of those who use it at the wrong times?

Perhaps it is just me but having the ability to get away from cars that can possibly turn me into a car-bike-car sandwich seems much safer than sitting still, sweating in our heat, and watching the mirrors praying the cars behind you stop.

But then again, perhaps the reason it did not pass was because of the highly divided opinion on this.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:29 AM   #113
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
helmet's only affect the rider in regards to potential for an accident, they don't increase/reduce the chance of an accident as opposed to lane splitting (not too mention the potential for abuse of 'lane splitting').
this is probably DEAD on. except for the rare case of a bird/ piece of debris flying up and smacking u in the head w/out a helmet, then u r equally as likely to crash w/wo helmet

but of course, if ppl ride w/o a helmet, u can immediately assume they are morons, so maybe they ARE more likely to go 85 in a 35 and go splat.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:52 AM   #114
Grimace

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorNinja500 View Post
this is probably DEAD on. except for the rare case of a bird/ piece of debris flying up and smacking u in the head w/out a helmet, then u r equally as likely to crash w/wo helmet

but of course, if ppl ride w/o a helmet, u can immediately assume they are morons, so maybe they ARE more likely to go 85 in a 35 and go splat.
I am probably missing the point, but I just can't get around the fact that riding without a helmet at least is utterly stupid. I have heard stories of people dieing that hit their (deficient) heads on the curb (at speeds as low as 20 mph) after being bumped by those poor innocent cagers (who are often terrified of us crazy bikers) in minivans and dieing. I know helmets don't look as cool on cruisers, but in the end who gives a . Is it really worth looking cool just to end up dead 40+ years before your time?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:20 AM   #115
DrAwkwArD
Banned

Trackdays: 9

User is banned

DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #116
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf_White_GT View Post
So what you are saying is we can have a law that states : It is ok to not wear a helmet, though you will most likely end up as hamburger when you inevitably fall.

But we cant have a law because the possibility for injury is "high" and there is a good chance to get tickets out of those who use it at the wrong times?

Perhaps it is just me but having the ability to get away from cars that can possibly turn me into a car-bike-car sandwich seems much safer than sitting still, sweating in our heat, and watching the mirrors praying the cars behind you stop.

But then again, perhaps the reason it did not pass was because of the highly divided opinion on this.
What I'm doing is giving a possibility for consideration. Lane Splitting involves 3 people with each vehicle 'passed'. A helmet, just one.
The possibility of an incident triples in a lane split scenario, it would also virtually require a huge awareness/education program for the general populace just in HOPE that people would understand.

Now
Quote:
If you're paying attention and such a 'thing' begins to take place, I highly doubt you'd be charged etc for jumping between cars in two seperate lanes if/when a crunch is about to take place.
However this is different from running up the line between cars in order to get to the light ahead of a line of cars or running between lanes of cars in slow moving traffic.

Advertisement