MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Question need help!! (bike problems)

sup guys!! well i have some problem with my babe! (2007 yamaha r6)
i keep blowing the 15 amp fuse for the headlights/tail light/speedo (one fuse for all my lights) i dont know if it has anything to do with the HID lights that i installed but it will last 2-4 days then out of nowhere it goes off... NOTE:(my HID have been installed for about a month, and the short just started last week)

i just got back from riding (10:30pm) and it was scary riding on the freeway with no lights , i came all the way from I10 and 610 TO 59 and 90 with my lights off! i got there with them on by the time i was coming back, i got on the ramp and my lights went off... i was like WTF???
it was all black and couldnt see $hit.

anyways...long story short, i just wanted to see if anyone had the same problem on blowing fuses after hid were installed or if you're blowing fuses out of nowhere.??? any idea what could it be??

tomorrow im going to put my factory bulbs back on and see what happens?!?! maybe they gave me the wrong HID lights, i got them on ebay with non info on what they were , the only info they gave me was.....HID FOR 06-07 R6 $49.95....LOL...

Last edited by floyd600; 07-15-2010 at 10:39 PM.
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help! Have dirt bike problems JoeRocket How To's and Q & A's 4 03-21-2009 11:01 AM
Problems with my bike dtlam_88 How To's and Q & A's 26 03-24-2008 03:16 PM
bike problems 79porsche General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 07-21-2007 07:00 PM
bike problems 79porsche General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 05-05-2006 06:43 PM
bike problems chasee69 General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 04-07-2006 03:15 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

i would say almost 100 percent its the HID's. check all your connections, and grounds to make sure everything is nice and tight.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #3
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Fuse is designed to be the weakest point in the system.
Checking power and ground points using the voltage drop method on each wire will ensure the contacts are creating excessive resistance, causing amperage to increase in the circuit. I'd bored, you could find the splice from the fuse, separate the hid, turn signal and rear light circuit, splice inline fuses to each branch w a 15 amp fuse for each, make the main a 20 amp fuse and see which blows first. This would also stop the problem of one fuse killing ALL your lights.

But yes, likely its the hids. You could bump up the fuse to 20 see if helps.
If your close up me I have an inductive pick up you could clamp over the wires and get a circuit amp reading wo disconnecting wires.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:21 PM   #4
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

THANKS FOR THE HELP... IM TAKING THIS OFF TOMORROW THEN FIX IT RIGHT!
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement