MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2010, 08:01 AM   #41
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf_White_GT View Post
Just call them "lazy doctors" or just comment about how much med school would have sucked if they had decided to pick a real profession.

A friend of mine that finished med school told me this:

EMT's scrape your off the pavement and get you to the hospital
Doctors ensure that you will live long enough to eventually nail the pavement again.
Nurses ensure that you keep your dignity by cleaning up after you your pants.

It is his belief that EMTs are crucial to his job being successful. and that nurses are annoying and get in his way alot more than being helpful.
funny... it's my belief that doctors don't know their from a hole in the ground, and when new fellows hit the floor it is the nurses that keep those dumbasses from killing patients with wrong medications. doctors see a patient for 10 minutes a day... do you really think they are capable of quality patient care the remainder of the day? tell your friend he is a stupid fuktard and I hope I never have to work with his stupid
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2010, 09:02 AM   #42
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1000 View Post
It's free if you don't speak english
Mr F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:48 PM   #43
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

I was taken to Memorial Hermann when I was injured. I have been told it is the equivalent, or slightly better then Taub when it comes to Trauma wounds.

I have NO complaints whatsoever about Mem Hermann.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:58 AM   #44
nihaikitty
Squidette

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post

remember the guy in the back of the ambulance is NOT an Ambulance Driver, the person driving is NOT an ambulance driver, they are BOTH medically trained and EMT's at a minimum and probably Paramedics they may drive the ambulance but no where does the title "AMBULANCE DRIVER" enter into what they do squid
Dang, don't be so ANGRY FACE all of the time!

BTW, guys; there ARE non-medic drivers out there working emergency vehicles. They're cheaper than paramedics and EMTs. The guy in the back of the bus has to be a paramedic (or EMT-B/I if an extra beside the EMT-Paramedic is available and the patient is not in need of anything above basic care), but the one driving can be non medical personnel as long as they are DOT certified to drive an ambulance.

JP, I dunno, maybe your company does it different, but that's how we roll. Shoot, after all of the that you put up with on calls I didn't think someone calling you an "ambulance driver" would get you goin'. Would you like a hug?
Old 07-15-2010, 05:55 AM   #45
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by towman13 View Post
it is one of the top trauma hospitals in the country . it may be a free clinic but that is only one part of the hospital. when it comes to trauma care it is the secound best hospital in houston behind herman hospital . yes it is the one they take you to when unsure about insurance. i went there after a motorcycle wreck .
thanks for clearing that up it's such a misconception these days that just cause it's acounty hosipital it must be bad.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:39 AM   #46
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by towman13 View Post
it is one of the top trauma hospitals in the country . it may be a free clinic but that is only one part of the hospital. when it comes to trauma care it is the secound best hospital in houston behind herman hospital . yes it is the one they take you to when unsure about insurance. i went there after a motorcycle wreck .
they took me there when I cut my leg real bad, I waited 6 hours while they took care of all the head colds etc etc, when the surgeon finally got to see me, he was they made me wait so long....gotta stitch up semi quickly.
BTW, was nothing free for me, they made sure I paid.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:41 AM   #47
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr F. View Post
get mad all you want, the truth is the truth!!!
If your illegal, you get benefits I do not get as a natural born citizen, thats a non arguable point.
If I didnt speak english, it would have been free for me. I was stupid, I gave them info.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #48
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty View Post
Dang, don't be so ANGRY FACE all of the time!

BTW, guys; there ARE non-medic drivers out there working emergency vehicles. They're cheaper than paramedics and EMTs. The guy in the back of the bus has to be a paramedic (or EMT-B/I if an extra beside the EMT-Paramedic is available and the patient is not in need of anything above basic care), but the one driving can be non medical personnel as long as they are DOT certified to drive an ambulance.

JP, I dunno, maybe your company does it different, but that's how we roll. Shoot, after all of the that you put up with on calls I didn't think someone calling you an "ambulance driver" would get you goin'. Would you like a hug?
you had well get a fukkibn clue, you have no idea what your talking about!, if you ambulace service doesn't have 2 count em 2 certifed people on that vehicle let me know where your working so I can go over there and SHUT THAT DOWN

you had better go look up the rules and laws concerning EMS and Pt Trasnport in texas, there are NO Legal non certified "drivers" on an ambulance unless they are a 3rd. Also there is NO DOT certification to "drive" an ambulance in the state of Texas. and if ya want the website I'll give it to ya, right about the time that the Enforcement officer puts the shiney steel bracelets on your

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #49
didimao0072000

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

whoaa... didn't realize all these ambulance drivers were so dang sensitive.
didimao0072000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #50
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
you had better go look up the rules and laws concerning EMS and Pt Trasnport in texas, there are NO Legal non certified "drivers" on an ambulance unless they are a 3rd. Also there is NO DOT certification to "drive" an ambulance in the state of Texas. and if ya want the website I'll give it to ya, right about the time that the Enforcement officer puts the shiney steel bracelets on your
Why not post a link to that rule so she can be shown what it reads?
Old 07-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #51
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

You guys can talk smack about Ben Taub if you want but if it wasnt for them I would be in a wheelchair today. Fyi most motorcycle related injuries are taken there as well as Twelve Oaks.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:04 PM   #52
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
I've heard this a ton of times. Is this because Ben Taub is one of the best in trauma but will only get you back to stable and that's it?
pretty much. they'll patch you up and stabilize you. do they a good job, i've heard of miracles being performed. that being said, once you're good and stable, get transferred out.
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #53
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Why not post a link to that rule so she can be shown what it reads?
here is the link and the pertainant partsTexas Administrative Code

http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tl oc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=25&pt=1&ch=157&rl=11

Next Rule>>

TITLE 25 HEALTH SERVICES
PART 1 DEPARTMENT OF STATE HEALTH SERVICES
CHAPTER 157 EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE
SUBCHAPTER B EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES PROVIDER LICENSES
RULE 157.11 Requirements for an EMS Provider License

(g) Minimum Staffing Required.

(1) BLS--When response-ready or in-service, authorized EMS vehicles operating at the BLS level shall be staffed at a minimum with two emergency care attendants (ECAs).

(2) BLS with ALS capability--When response-ready or in-service below ALS two ECAs. Full ALS status becomes active when staffed by at least an emergency medical technician (EMT)-Intermediate and at least an EMT.

(3) BLS with MICU capability--When response-ready or in-service below MICU two ECAs. Full MICU status becomes active when staffed by at least a certified or licensed paramedic and at least an EMT.

(4) ALS--When response-ready or in-service, authorized EMS vehicles operating at the ALS level shall be staffed at a minimum with one EMT Basic and one EMT-Intermediate.

(5) ALS with MICU capability--When response-ready or in-service below MICU shall require one EMT-Intermediate and one EMT. Full MICU status becomes active when staffed by at least a certified or licensed paramedic and at least an EMT.

(6) MICU--When response-ready or in-service, authorized EMS vehicles operating at the MICU level shall be staffed at a minimum with one EMT Basic and one EMT-Paramedic.

(7) Specialized--When response-ready or in-service, EMS vehicles authorized to operate for a specialized purpose shall be staffed with a minimum of two personnel appropriately licensed and/or certified as determined by the type and application of the specialized purpose and as approved by the medical director and the department.

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement