MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #81
Grimace

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmarky View Post
TLDR but nice capture
yeah, 250 words is a real , I'll try not to type for more than three minutes and use small words. I guess I'll just have to resort to catch phrases and one liners
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thank you MOTORCYCLE COP!! JRxGRUBZx General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 02-27-2009 02:51 PM
bad motorcycle cop OMEGA General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 12-31-2007 10:29 AM
motorcycle cop crash Greenway Smokey General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 06-24-2006 03:50 AM
motorcycle cop down chasee69 General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 11-10-2005 02:45 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2010, 12:17 AM   #82
eltejano
I smell pretty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
For the record, I most certainly do not think it is fair game for a leo to go down and hope I did not come across that way. I just think it is up that the cop in Austin was not penalized at all for what he did. Anyone else would have gotten a ticket to say the least. I know more than one police officer (personally), that practically get away with murder (pun intended) on a regular basis, and the fact that they are cops shouldn't allow them to get away with so much. Because they enforce the law (sometimes), they should be held to a higher standard. An example of when this concept is actually used is when Marines or former Marines (yours truly) get caught doing something, what is usually said is that they should have known better. Police officers, who enforce laws which protect the safety of others, should definitely know better than to do things that infringe on others safety, even if those things are technically legal. I don't know of a single person with half a brain that doesn't know that the law can be and is often imperfect.

Could not have put it better but a lot of people, for some very weird reason, simply do not agree. Sad especially when it could have been any of us here that got hit by someone that gets to just say I am sorry and walk away with zero consequences. Boggles the mind.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:55 AM   #83
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
Could not have put it better but a lot of people, for some very weird reason, simply do not agree. Sad especially when it could have been any of us here that got hit by someone that gets to just say I am sorry and walk away with zero consequences. Boggles the mind.
I don't agree with every law, but I do believe that every law should be enforced. If you don't like the law, then get it changed. Cops don't write the laws, they enforce them. If there's any blame it's on the folks that were elected by they citizens they represent, that passed the laws.
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:48 AM   #84
Grimace

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I don't agree with every law, but I do believe that every law should be enforced. If you don't like the law, then get it changed. Cops don't write the laws, they enforce them. If there's any blame it's on the folks that were elected by they citizens they represent, that passed the laws.
This is not that hard! The cop ran a stop sign which directly resulted in someone getting hurt. That makes him negligent.

Last edited by Grimace; 07-13-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Grimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:00 AM   #85
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
This is not that hard! The cop ran a stop sign which directly resulted in someone getting hurt. That makes him negligent.
Maybe civilly, but according to an Austin city ordinance, not criminally
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #86
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track