Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #41
Write my name! \/
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Originally Posted by Timme' View Post
I give up, there is no magic "poof" the bank GIVES you the title because the vehicle is not worth anything to them. It isn't worth the money it would cost to fight it.

But they can argue in court the validity of your lien aka making you pay a lawyer, they can argue paying you at all, they have allll of the cards. Call an attorney, I have one sitting right here that works for the bank and see what they tell you :-)
So like I was saying, you could mechanic lien the bike.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This fat thread can only be titled "Only in America" eltejano Off Topic 8 06-05-2011 11:56 AM
Buying a bike that has nevern been titled velo29 General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 10-18-2010 08:12 AM
how to make sure bike gets titled in new owners name RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 09-09-2009 08:51 AM
Salvage titled bikes... mike do General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 04-27-2006 10:37 PM
bike for sale frankjrojas General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 03-09-2006 10:31 PM
Old 07-09-2010, 01:46 PM   #42
Safety Third
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

08 Busa
03 XR 50

bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:12 PM   #43
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

just stay away, there is so many people selling bikes right now, it's not worth the risk .
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.
"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
-Thomas Jefferson
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #44
Feedback Rating: (0)

08 Triumph Daytona 675

Originally Posted by ddgtomahawk View Post
So like I was saying, you could mechanic lien the bike.
yes, never a question that you can put the lien on anything actually, this is a property law. Any service rendered without payment can be subject to a "mechanic's lien" but that does not entitle you to own the item in question. Just because you put a 20k roof on a million dollar home doesn't mean you get to trump the banks lien on that home. The law see's no distinction between a home or motorycle in this case. They are both personal property.

That is what we have been talking about. The bank is just not going to give you a title or ownership on something they own just because you have filed a lien on it. For the fifth time now, if what you have placed a lien on is worth less than what it will cost the bank to repo, fix, sell, etc. 9 out of 10 times they right it off aka give you the title. That is HUGE difference between what you stated earlier which started this bs. The bank is not obligated to do anything as they have the first / primary lien. In fact they have no problem taking you to court to fight you for it. If this was a expensive car or a home and not a 2k - 5k motorcycle it would be a different story. 2-5k doesn't get my wife out of bed in the morning much less in the office to file a lawsuit.

Just saying that having a "mechanic's lien" is valid but it doesn't mean you get a title from the primary lien holder. Just means you have a right to any monies received from the sale of the property. That amount is subject to a judges interpretation of your liability. In Texas that is highly in your favor though as we like our mechanics :-) In no way does it imply superceeding the primary lien holder.

- peace
I am so busy doing nothing... that the idea of doing anything - which as you know, always leads to something - cuts into the nothing and then forces me to have to drop everything.
Timme' is offline   Reply With Quote