MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #81
Tri
Senior Member
 
Tri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arctic North
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 700

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2009 R6
2005 R6 - Sold :*[








Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRun View Post
Guys do you consider this will be a somewhat noob friendly ride? This would be my first group ride with people from MH and it sounds like fun. I have been on MH for few months but haven't had the chance to meet any of yall. I believe this would a great chance to meet other fellow riders. The only hard part is waking up that early. I usually have an awful time waking up at 6 am to go to work. LOL.
yes, it should be. there is usually a leader & sweeper. the sweeper makes sure no one gets left behind. also, like squoddy said, we also stop at all stops/turns and wait for the whole group to arrive before proceeding the next segment.

you should have nothing to worry about. stay within your comfort zone and enjoy the ride. its quite nice out there.
__________________
YuT uGhhh

Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
S SE M&G, FRIDAY, July 8th EMTAggie Events, Meets and Rides 23 07-09-2011 01:30 PM
ERC July 3rd, 2009 (Friday) - FULL crzy88 Awesome Cycles MSF Riding Courses 8 07-07-2009 07:47 PM
THE HUMBLE CREW (THC) JULY RIDES!!!!! Nightster Ridester Events, Meets and Rides 88 08-22-2007 04:49 PM
UFC 73, Saturday July 7 arturo3rd Events, Meets and Rides 172 07-10-2007 03:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #82
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Great ride today, except the end with the nail in my NEW TIRE! Dammit!

Thanks for hanging back with me guys, and stopping every 15 miles to refill the air.

Long story short.. little tiny brad stuck my tire. We plugged it but it still leaked slow... so I would ride until the back got too squirrly, we would air up, and continue. Got to Motorcycles Unlimited and tire was toast... mounted up a fresh PP and broke it in on Honea and a couple other back roads...

Not so sure this is a good "noob" ride. Dark back roads with fog and some with no lane markings... guess if we slowed down a bit it would be fine

Made it in plenty of time for the sunrise.. great day!
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #83
IndyRC
Mutant
 
IndyRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 3,416

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None









Where did you go to watch the sunrise?
__________________
There is no charge for awesomeness!
IndyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:07 PM   #84
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





On a backroad, just past a Marina off 156, a little N of 224. We got there early enough that we could have just gone on up to Point Blank at the boat launch.

Squoddy said she thought there was a park somewhere around on the west side but I didn't see it.

You could actually park on the bridge on 224 and have a pretty good view.
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"

Last edited by texlurch; 07-09-2010 at 03:13 PM.
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #85
Tri
Senior Member
 
Tri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arctic North
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 700

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2009 R6
2005 R6 - Sold :*[








Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Great ride today, except the end with the nail in my NEW TIRE! Dammit!

Thanks for hanging back with me guys, and stopping every 15 miles to refill the air.

Long story short.. little tiny brad stuck my tire. We plugged it but it still leaked slow... so I would ride until the back got too squirrly, we would air up, and continue. Got to Motorcycles Unlimited and tire was toast... mounted up a fresh PP and broke it in on Honea and a couple other back roads...

Not so sure this is a good "noob" ride. Dark back roads with fog and some with no lane markings... guess if we slowed down a bit it would be fine

Made it in plenty of time for the sunrise.. great day!
that part doesnt sound noob friendly at all...

come to think of it..i dont think i've ever been awake early enough to ride in the fog. makes me curious
__________________
YuT uGhhh

Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:15 PM   #86
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by trilai View Post
that part doesnt sound noob friendly at all...

come to think of it..i dont think i've ever been awake early enough to ride in the fog. makes me curious
Make sure you have a good clean CLEAR visor. Helps to have your headlights aimed correctly as well..

Not that bad, just have to keep it chill.

Overall the roads were clean and clear. Not too much wildlife, lots less than I expected.
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #87
Tri
Senior Member
 
Tri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arctic North
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 700

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2009 R6
2005 R6 - Sold :*[








Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Make sure you have a good clean CLEAR visor. Helps to have your headlights aimed correctly as well..

Not that bad, just have to keep it chill.
thanks for the warning. i have a dark tint visor. i carry a pair of safety glasses so i can flip up the visor in low visibility conditions (night time FTL - got caught in the forest after dusk once without them )
__________________
YuT uGhhh

Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #88
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





You'd be better off taking a clear visor and some sunglasses. I wear glasses so I put the dark shield in my tank bag.
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #89
Squoddybody
This is me.
 
Squoddybody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hillbilly
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 22,185

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650






Quote:
Originally Posted by glb2u4u View Post
I'm down like 4 flat tires if anyone can come!!
Looks like everybody is coming.

Todays ride was fantastic. I couldn't post up sooner, because my interwebz wasn't working when I got home.

If nobody steps up, I will lead the ride, but that means that the speed will be somewhat slower than some of you guys are used to. I have maps and I won't get lost (at the very least).

We tried to ride longer, but due to the flat we ended up separating and heading home about 10ish. I made it home by 11. I think that was a good time, because it started getting hot.

See you guys tomorrow at the Flyin J!

Ween said he'll fire up the pit for anybody who would like to come back to our place for lunch and beverages.
__________________
THIS is me on my motorcycle. Any Questions?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #90
Squoddybody
This is me.
 
Squoddybody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hillbilly
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 22,185

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650






Quote:
Originally Posted by trilai View Post
thanks for the warning. i have a dark tint visor. i carry a pair of safety glasses so i can flip up the visor in low visibility conditions (night time FTL - got caught in the forest after dusk once without them )
Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
You'd be better off taking a clear visor and some sunglasses. I wear glasses so I put the dark shield in my tank bag.
My Wiki-Shift Shield worked perfectly! It was clear in the dark and got dark in the sun. I LOVE it.

It was VERY dark at 5, though, on the 1725. The new blacktop was nice and black and about 3" high... needless to say I fell off. It was hard to ride those curves without lines for guidance. I will take the noob riders slower on that part of the road.
__________________
THIS is me on my motorcycle. Any Questions?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:31 PM   #91
IndyRC
Mutant
 
IndyRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 3,416

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None









Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
On a backroad, just past a Marina off 156, a little N of 224. We got there early enough that we could have just gone on up to Point Blank at the boat launch.

Squoddy said she thought there was a park somewhere around on the west side but I didn't see it.

You could actually park on the bridge on 224 and have a pretty good view.
There is a decent little park on 224. I've been in it before and it has a nice view of the lake. That was the first place I thought of when Squoddy mentioned the ride. The dam was the second place, but the park would be easier. I don't think they even have an honor box to pay if there is no attendant on duty.
__________________
There is no charge for awesomeness!
IndyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #92
IndyRC
Mutant
 
IndyRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 3,416

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None









Saturday Morning: still need a leader - someone who knows the roads really well.

1. Squoddy
2. Helios
3. Guitar Man
4. Tri
5. Bevo (PP1 @ 4am)
6. Grimace
7. Haileyan (Brad)
8. Omer I-10 & Hwy6
9. hohgreg (same area as Helios, Tri and Omer)
10. Fredman89 (maybe)
11. Shimano_Girl (mainlining chai at PP1)

Sorry Squoddy, I would lead but won't be able to make it as something else came up. I won't even be back in time for the bbqwtf
__________________
There is no charge for awesomeness!
IndyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #93
Squoddybody
This is me.
 
Squoddybody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hillbilly
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 22,185

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650






Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC View Post
Saturday Morning: still need a leader - someone who knows the roads really well.

1. Squoddy
2. Helios
3. Guitar Man
4. Tri
5. Bevo (PP1 @ 4am)
6. Grimace
7. Haileyan (Brad)
8. Omer I-10 & Hwy6
9. hohgreg (same area as Helios, Tri and Omer)
10. Fredman89 (maybe)
11. Shimano_Girl (mainlining chai at PP1)

Sorry Squoddy, I would lead but won't be able to make it as something else came up. I won't even be back in time for the bbqwtf
What time will your thing be over? You know you're welcome to come over anytime!

And you have to see my new bathroom!
__________________
THIS is me on my motorcycle. Any Questions?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #94
OutRun
Member
 
OutRun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 31












Ok guys, I am definitely feeling the urge to go in this ride. I will try my best to get up early tomorrow, but I will depend on tonight's outcome. After all its Friday. LOL I live in the galleria area, so I would meet up with those going to PP1. I will confirm my attendance later tonight. Thanks fellas.
OutRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #95
Squoddybody
This is me.
 
Squoddybody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hillbilly
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 22,185

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650






Don't forget to TEXT me in the morning if you're coming from afar! If you don't and we don't wait on you it's your own fault!

And it would suck to ride all that way on the freeway for nothing.

My number is posted in this thread somewhere...
__________________
THIS is me on my motorcycle. Any Questions?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:49 PM   #96
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC View Post
There is a decent little park on 224. I've been in it before and it has a nice view of the lake. That was the first place I thought of when Squoddy mentioned the ride. The dam was the second place, but the park would be easier. I don't think they even have an honor box to pay if there is no attendant on duty.
Any general idea where the park is?

NVM , now I see it... just north of the Bridge.

That would make a perfect spot if it's open.
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:53 PM   #97
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





What sucks is the two with the cameras today have to go to work tonight... so I guess we be waiting on pics!
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:53 PM   #98
Tri
Senior Member
 
Tri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arctic North
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 700

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2009 R6
2005 R6 - Sold :*[








Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Don't forget to TEXT me in the morning if you're coming from afar! If you don't and we don't wait on you it's your own fault!

And it would suck to ride all that way on the freeway for nothing.

My number is posted in this thread somewhere...
i saved the number. will text u when we leave PP1.
__________________
YuT uGhhh

Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #99
Squoddybody
This is me.
 
Squoddybody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hillbilly
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 22,185

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650






Quote:
Originally Posted by trilai View Post
i saved the number. will text u when we leave PP1.
__________________
THIS is me on my motorcycle. Any Questions?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #100
IndyRC
Mutant
 
IndyRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 3,416

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None









Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Any general idea where the park is?

NVM , now I see it... just north of the Bridge.

That would make a perfect spot if it's open.
I don't remember the name of the park and I think the park sign is set off the road a bit, but the there is a sign for at least the road, PR60. When I went in it was after hours, no attendant, but no gate to close access either.
__________________
There is no charge for awesomeness!
IndyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy