MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #21
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

Re: Late notice Forest Ride Sunday morning

Awesome ride I hope everyone made it back safe. Sorry I was late.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
MykolJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
N Forest Ride Sunday Morning Snow Events, Meets and Rides 15 08-07-2011 03:46 PM
Afternoon ride late notice Mad Max Events, Meets and Rides 6 06-26-2011 10:02 PM
Late Sunday Ride???? ever323 Events, Meets and Rides 5 04-03-2011 01:19 PM
Saturday Katy Forest Ride 8:30 KSU 9:00 am not a second later, don't be late Rykoson Events, Meets and Rides 28 12-22-2010 01:27 AM
4/20 sunday morning forest ride onewheelmoto Events, Meets and Rides 74 04-28-2008 01:15 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #22
navigator
Senior Citizen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

I'm home now. I caught up with Dave and stayed for a few miles North on 6 to make sure both he and the bike were up for the trip to Ft. Worth.

Thanks to everyone who joined us today. It was damned hot but fun.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #23
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Home, finally

Thanks for having us out! Was a great day to ride w no popo/others on the road
Old 07-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #24
GradyB
One arm one leg gimp

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2008 GSX 650F RIP

Great ride! Nice to meet yall! Hope to do it again.
GradyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #25
mjrauma
ZZRrrrrrrgh!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZZR 1200

Had a great time ridin' today. Smooth roads for sure.

Mike
mjrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #26
DWC

Bike(s):
ZZR1200-ZX6R-VN1500N

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyB View Post
Great ride! Nice to meet yall! Hope to do it again.
Same here ..... Brother really got an education ...... I did to .... Gravel sucks ..... =^>
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:17 AM   #27
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Glad you made it back to FW in one piece.

Great innovative shift linkage
Old 07-06-2010, 11:18 PM   #28
DWC

Bike(s):
ZZR1200-ZX6R-VN1500N

This is what I posted over on the ZZRBikes.com site ..........

Ok ....... time to come clean .........

So after riding all morning in and around Sam Houston National Park ... which I was very surprised to find had some very sweet roads there, Thanks Nav ... with Nav, Brother Barry, mjrauma, GradyB, CaligoneTx, MykolJ, Vxmine and Spiderman .. I think ... So anyway we stopped at "Yankees route bar and grill" just before Church let out to grab lunch ... I'll let yall chew on that one a little ... and after visiting, bench racing and the usual I decided to go ahead and take off for Reno after Carl lined me out on a route ... said my goodbyes and went on my merry way ......
I was only doing around 15 mph. Had slowed down to pull off the road cause something didn't feel right about the bike and I was gonna take a look see. Said road had obviously been chip sealed recently, didn't see all the loose agate cause it was the same color as the road. Front wheel slid out and down I went .... slid .. what .. 6 - 7 feet ... and in front of an audience of six or seven locals stopped there to talk for whatever reason ... They rushed over and picked the bike up off of me ... my left leg was still under the bike ... no big deal, wasn't pinned or busted up ... just where it wound up ... asked if I was alright do da do da, really nice folks. One gal gave me her number, said she lived just down the road and told me to call if I couldn't get anyone to come after me .....
Bikes messed up but not as bad as it looks ... except for the left rearset ... busted ..
100 4deleted
I'm thinking "Just great .. now how am I gonna get this thing home" .... Do a little pacing thinking out loud ... for those of you in Rio Linda that means I was talking to myself ... while assessing the possibility of some kind of fix ... are any of the boys home I can call to bring down the trailer ... Naw .. I can't ruin there weekend just cause I messed up ... on and on till a light bulb went off in my head ... then I realized it was just a flashback from some acid I took in the sixties ...... thought some more and then I did have an ideal ... why not do this ...
Late notice Forest Ride Sunday morning
I can shift with the kickstand. Well just about the time I get started on this emergency mod ... I hear bikes ... sport bikes ... Hey .. better than hearing banjos ... Then without looking up I recognize the sound of one distinct bike ... a CBR1000 ... I think to myself ... "please don't let it be yellow ... Please ..... Look up and bigger than Dallas it's Carl and his posse .... Ah Chit .. ain't no keepin this to myself now ... Oh well ... So I do some splaining and Carl looks down at the shifter and say's "I'll be .. only DWC could figure out how to make a shifter out of a kickstand" .. someone in the back ground said "get a camera" ... then Carl looks at it again and say's "Hey ... why don't you see if you can take that bolt out of the heel guard and put the shifter there" ... I looks at it and thinks to myself ... " yeah" ... But... I'll need a longer bolt ... light comes on again .. this time it's not acid ... turn to brother Barry and ax "you got your tool pouch" he says "Yeah?" ... give me your allen wrench's ..[ Note to self .. don't forget the allen wrenchs] .. take one of the bolts out of the handle bar risers and it is the perfect length ... while test fitting things I see that on the up stroke its gonna hit the heel guard and not let it shift up ... Carl says "your gonna need some kind of spacer .. a nut or something" ... So I start looking over the bike to see if I can rob one from some where else and a voice in the distance rings out .... "Hey .. I got one" ... one of the other guys took a wrench and robbed a nylon nut off a gang mailbox stand that was over on the side of the road ... worked perfect ... After it was all said and done this is what we came up with and it got me home ..... =^>
Late notice Forest Ride Sunday morning

But that's not the end of the story ..........

After Carl lined me out again on how to get over to I-35 by way of College Station he kept axing if I was sure that bolt wasn't gonna back off and I told him with the zip ties I put in there it wasn't going any where ... "Well ok if your sure" was all he said and I said my thank you's and goodbyes .. again ..... we all take off ... we get to the fork in the road where I split from the group and wave bye bye .... The rig for the shifter is working pretty good ... resting my foot on the shifter linkage is a little awkward but hey I'll take it ... bout 10 - 12 minutes into the solo ride I hear through my ear plugs that familiar four cylinder again ... Look in my mirror and there's Carl .... I slow down ... motion for him to pull up beside me, flip up my visor and yell ... "I'm ok " ... Carl yells though his .. "I am too" ... I shake my head and take off .... We wind up on some four lane after some miles and he motions that he's got to get off and go back .... When we get to the next exit I pull over next to him and we bump knuckles and wave off each other .... It's friends and rides like that .. That make all the chit that life throws at you worthwhile ...... ...............
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #29
GradyB
One arm one leg gimp

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2008 GSX 650F RIP

Glad you made it home!!
GradyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #30
Spiderman