MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2006, 03:59 AM   #41
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

and bless Christina Aguilera...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You think this soldier should get the Death Penalty? morvegil Off Topic 45 05-15-2009 04:49 PM
WTH! no death penalty RACER X Off Topic 47 02-03-2009 06:14 AM
The death penalty was made for people like these ... logan5 Off Topic 13 06-02-2008 02:02 PM
for all of you who is in favor of the death penalty nuclearalex Off Topic 26 02-06-2008 05:22 PM
Death Penalty...? Tango1300 Off Topic 27 07-02-2007 10:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2006, 04:00 AM   #42
AliceInChains02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

perusing some late night ?
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:02 AM   #43
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
perusing some late night ?
nah... i just like to include her wherever appropriate...
Old 07-03-2006, 04:03 AM   #44
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

and now i'm off into the woods to find myself.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:04 AM   #45
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
and now i'm off into the woods to find myself.
oooooooh... blue light cemetary style... :confused2
Old 07-03-2006, 06:01 AM   #46
Lunchbox6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz1moto
wtf was that?... :confused2
That was Me owning this thread.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:41 AM   #47
paniro187

after lots wife was turned into a pillar of salt told lots two daughters to get lot drunk and sleep with him to bear his children. this used to be legal and not a sin in the old testament but not now.

also if you remember the scripture eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth there had to be two witnesses to the crime.

and here's the bat down all that that lunchbox wrote.

THOU SHALL NOT KILL

IT DOESN'T SAY THOU SHALL NOT KILL BUT.........OR UNLESS

SCHOOLS CLOSED.

also side note the death penalty is a perfect sentence the system and the people that run it are not perfect so how in the world can a perfect sentence be handed down through a broken and impefect system???

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:53 AM   #48
Lunchbox6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox6
One objection to capital punishment is that the government is itself committing murder. Put in theological terms, doesn't the death penalty violate the sixth commandment, which teaches "Thou shalt not kill?"
First, we must understand the context of this verse. The verb used in Exodus 20:13 is best translated "to murder." It is used 49 times in the Old Testament, and it is always used to describe premeditated murder. It is never used of animals, , angels, or enemies in battle. So the commandment is not teaching that all killing is wrong; it is teaching that murder is wrong.

Second, the penalty for breaking the commandment was death (Ex.21:12; Num. 35:16-21). We can conclude therefore that when the government took the life of a murderer, the government was not itself guilty of murder. Opponents of capital punishment who accuse the government of committing murder by implementing the death penalty fail to see the irony of using Exodus 20 to define murder but ignoring Exodus 21, which specifically teaches that government is to punish the murderer.

See I can use big fonts Too!!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:09 AM   #49
Lunchbox6

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
also if you remember the scripture eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth there had to be two witnesses to the crime.

also side note the death penalty is a perfect sentence the system and the people that run it are not perfect so how in the world can a perfect sentence be handed down through a broken and impefect system???
You cant just pick and choose the parts of the scripture you choose to follow. If you take the "Thou shalt not kill" part verbatim, you cant just toss out the part where it tells you its the governments job to punish those who violate it's and 's Law. Which should be the same but a lot of the times they are not.
Jesus fully supported obeyance of the laws of man. His only concern always was and continues to be their Souls, and obeyance of the Commandments from .
Old 07-03-2006, 07:10 AM   #50
Lunchbox6

Thou shalt not kill." That is a short commandment, but rich in content and precious in intent.
This commandment does not refer to the life of plants, insects or animals. There are fanatics who declare that we may not kill animals, not even unclean and harmful insects, and then appeal to this sixth commandment. But the Hebrew word here translated "kill" is used only when killing people is spoken of, never when the killing of animals is meant.
Neither does this commandment forbid a lawful killing.
There is murder which Himself commands. See Genesis 9:6, where the Lord says "Whoso sheddeth blood, by man shall his blood be shed, for in the image of made He man." Judges commit a great sin when they permit the wilful murderer and slayer to live.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:11 AM   #51
Lunchbox6

Lawful killing also includes killing in a lawful war. A lawful war is a war waged to protect the true religion, to preserve liberty and to defend our country. In Deuteronomy 7 commands Israel to destroy the Canaanites without mercy or pardon, and in 1 Samuel 15 the Lord gives the same command concerning Amalek. Also in the New Testament the lawful war is not forbidden. In Luke 3:14 John the Baptist tells the soldiers how to conduct themselves, but he does not say they may not be soldiers. In Matthew 8 we read that the Lord praises the faith of the centurion, but not that He forbade him to be a soldier. In Acts 10:33-48 we can read that the Holy Spirit descended upon people who carried weapons, upon Cornelius, the centurion, and his friends.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:12 AM   #52
Lunchbox6

Lawful killing also includes killing in self-defense.

The Lord says (Ex. 22:2) "If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him." Hence, if a robber, thief or murderer, attacks you, it is no sin if you kill him in self-defense.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:35 AM   #53
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserchevelle
Exactly, and I think I saw you tonight. Did you go to eat at Abeulo's in CS tonight?

i did, who else do you know thats only got one arm and one leg.........is that what gave it away?
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:35 AM   #54
Swift E

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ARM1LEG
i did, who else do you know thats only got one arm and one leg.........is that what gave it away?
:laughing4
Old 07-03-2006, 10:54 AM   #55
Lunchbox6

You guy know whats AWESOME??

ME!!
Old 07-03-2006, 11:59 AM   #56
Lunchbox6

WOOT !!
Old 07-03-2006, 12:54 PM   #57
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

ok so why does the executioner have the right to kill??? because he filled out an application and got the job??? so now he has the right to be the so called "punisher"??? i mean i have no idea about religion but like my g/f said murder is pre-meditated well bush pre-meditated before he declared war??? is that right??? i mean that is the "government"??? i just dont think that everyone who says they are fully christian really understands that there pretty much isnt such a thing i guess.....
upononer6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:56 PM   #58
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

i totaly agree with scooter trash on this so called "debate"
Old 07-03-2006, 12:58 PM   #59
Lunchbox6

Quote:
Originally Posted by upononer6
ok so why does the executioner have the right to kill??? because he filled out an application and got the job??? so now he has the right to be the so called "punisher"??? i mean i have no idea about religion but like my g/f said murder is pre-meditated well bush pre-meditated before he declared war??? is that right??? i mean that is the "government"??? i just dont think that everyone who says they are fully christian really understands that there pretty much isnt such a thing i guess.....
The executioner is carrying out a job delegated to him. He holds no responsibilty for his action. Much like a Soldier following orders. As long as the orders are not against the laws laid down. What does Bush and the war have to do with Capital Punishment?
Old 07-03-2006, 01:00 PM   #60
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

it doesnt yall were about religion... and if it is murder to pre-meditate nad killl what is war..... here this what it is....... ok this isnt doing what we want so i am going to bomb the f*ck out of him and this is legal because bush is the man right???

Advertisement