MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2006, 06:49 PM   #21
Nox

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 R1
01 FZ1(sold)
96 vmax(sold)
02 sv650 TRACK! (sold)

truth and christianity are the definitions of subjective thought. thats only one of the problems of both. what exactly is truth? what exactly is christianity? Jesus didnt set out to form christianity nor was he a christian. he set out to teach. he set out to make a difference. he was the ultimate free thinker. and to narrow jesus and down into something called christianity is well...arrogant to say the least. i myself am not a christian nor an affiliate of any religion. because no religion has got it correct. religion is just a contest.

Im not Ben Spies, but Im from Texas. And I ride a Yamaha.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You think this soldier should get the Death Penalty? morvegil Off Topic 45 05-15-2009 04:49 PM
WTH! no death penalty RACER X Off Topic 47 02-03-2009 06:14 AM
The death penalty was made for people like these ... logan5 Off Topic 13 06-02-2008 02:02 PM
for all of you who is in favor of the death penalty nuclearalex Off Topic 26 02-06-2008 05:22 PM
Death Penalty...? Tango1300 Off Topic 27 07-02-2007 10:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2006, 06:56 PM   #22
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosthis
i say kill them, it has nothin to do with bien a christian, they wanna go out and kill and rape they should die, nothins equal in this world i say they shot some 1 and killed them they should be shot and killd, same with everything else, and men and women dont get eaqual sentenceing and thats not rite, u know when a man kills his wife tha average number of years he gets is 2 to 7 and if a women kills her husband she gets 18-22 yrs why is that?
i'd like to see where you got that stat from. in most cases i read/see the man gets life and the woman gets 5 years. i think the death penalty is stupid. they probably spend more on appeals/legal fees than it would cost to house the defendant in jail for the rest of his/her life. also there are the defendant's families to think of. just because their kin commited a capital crime doesn't mean they need to suffer a loss too. there's a thin white line between justice and revenge and i doubt most of the victims families feel any sort of real closure after seeing the accused legally murdered.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:54 PM   #23
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctem
truth and christianity are the definitions of subjective thought. thats only one of the problems of both. what exactly is truth? what exactly is christianity? Jesus didnt set out to form christianity nor was he a christian. he set out to teach. he set out to make a difference. he was the ultimate free thinker. and to narrow jesus and down into something called christianity is well...arrogant to say the least. i myself am not a christian nor an affiliate of any religion. because no religion has got it correct. religion is just a contest.
if you throw religion out of it then kill all killers BUT the same judges and people backing the death penalty are the same ones that sit in church and act like they are somethign they are not.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:55 PM   #24
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
i'd like to see where you got that stat from. in most cases i read/see the man gets life and the woman gets 5 years. i think the death penalty is stupid. they probably spend more on appeals/legal fees than it would cost to house the defendant in jail for the rest of his/her life. also there are the defendant's families to think of. just because their kin commited a capital crime doesn't mean they need to suffer a loss too. there's a thin white line between justice and revenge and i doubt most of the victims families feel any sort of real closure after seeing the accused legally murdered.
it brings noone back it makes no one feel better and the killer in my opinion got the easy way out.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:09 PM   #25
tcmatt

Member Garage

kill em alll!
Old 07-02-2006, 10:42 PM   #26
rickykline
super squid

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmatt
kill em alll!
+1...:laughing6

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:00 PM   #27
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
sorry a true christian doens't believe in it. no matte rwhat the person has done.

i am a TRUE christian.....and i believe in an eye for an eye........ you kill, you should be killed, but atleast you wont be raped or beaten before hand
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:18 PM   #28
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

separation of church and state.
anyhow most politicians, whether being dumbacrats or republicans, are really all the same. Both are ruled by big business, and have strayed far away from their actual beliefs. corporate america controls all.

anyhow, bush is too liberal for me, or i am just too conservative.

oh, and kill them all. and we should feed the rest bread and water.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:52 PM   #29
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ARM1LEG
i am a TRUE christian.....and i believe in an eye for an eye........ you kill, you should be killed, but atleast you wont be raped or beaten before hand
an eye for an eye is old testament. changed his mind after that i think
Old 07-03-2006, 02:04 AM   #30
Laserchevelle
Laserchevelle

Bike(s):
1994 Yamaha Virago 1100

Send a message via AIM to Laserchevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ARM1LEG

Exactly, and I think I saw you tonight. Did you go to eat at Abeulo's in CS tonight?
Laserchevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:27 AM   #31
Lunchbox6

Should Christians support the death penalty? The answer to that question is controversial. Many Christians feel that the Bible has spoken to the issue, but others believe that the New Testament ethic of love replaces the Old Testament law.
Old Testament Examples
Throughout the Old Testament we find many cases in which commands the use of capital punishment. We see this first with the acts of Himself. was involved, either directly or indirectly, in the taking of life as a punishment for the nation of Israel or for those who threatened or harmed Israel.

One example is the flood of Noah in Genesis 6-8. destroyed all human and animal life except that which was on the ark. Another example is Sodom and Gomorrah (Gen. 18-19), where destroyed the two cities because of the heinous sin of the inhabitants. In the time of Moses, took the lives of the Egyptians' first-born sons (Exod. 11) and destroyed the Egyptian army in the Red Sea (Exod. 14). There were also punishments such as the punishment at Kadesh-Barnea (Num. 13-14) or the rebellion of Korah (Num. 16) against the Jews wandering in the wilderness.

The Old Testament is replete with references and examples of taking life. In a sense, used capital punishment to deal with Israel's sins and the sins of the nations surrounding Israel.

The Old Testament also teaches that instituted capital punishment in the Jewish law code. In fact, the principle of capital punishment even precedes the Old Testament law code. According to Genesis 9:6, capital punishment is based upon a belief in the sanctity of life. It says, "Whoever sheds man's blood by man his blood shall be shed, for in the image of , He made man."

The Mosaic Law set forth numerous offenses that were punishable by death. The first was murder. In Exodus 21, commanded capital punishment for murderers. Premeditated murder (or what the Old Testament described as "lying in wait") was punishable by death. A second offense punishable by death was involvement in the occult (Exod. 22; Lev. 20; Deut 18-19). This included sorcery, divination, acting as a medium, and sacrificing to false gods. Third, capital punishment was to be used against perpetrators of sexual sins such as rape, incest, or homosexual practice.

Within this Old Testament theocracy, capital punishment was extended beyond murder to cover various offenses. While the death penalty for these offenses was limited to this particular dispensation of revelation, notice that the principle in Genesis 9:6 is not tied to the theocracy. Instead, the principle of Lex Talionis (a life for a life) is tied to the creation order. Capital punishment is warranted due to the sanctity of life. Even before we turn to the New Testament, we find this universally binding principle that precedes the Old Testament law code.

New Testament Principles
Some Christians believe that capital punishment does not apply to the New Testament and church age.

First we must acknowledge that gave the principle of capital punishment even before the institution of the Old Testament law code. In Genesis 9:6 we read that "Whoever sheds man's blood by man his blood shall be shed, for in the image of , He made man." Capital punishment was instituted by because humans are created in the image of . The principle is not rooted in the Old Testament theocracy, but rather in the creation order. It is a much broader biblical principle that carries into the New Testament.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:28 AM   #32
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

what does know
Old 07-03-2006, 03:28 AM   #33
Lunchbox6

In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus is not arguing against the principle of a life for a life. Rather He is speaking to the issue of our personal desire for vengeance. He is not denying the power and responsibility of the government. In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus is speaking to individual Christians. He is telling Christians that they should not try to replace the power of the government. Jesus does not deny the power and authority of government, but rather He calls individual Christians to love their enemies and turn the other cheek.

Some have said that Jesus set aside capital punishment in John 8 when He did not call for the woman caught in adultery to be stoned. But remember the context. The Pharisees were trying to trap Jesus between the Roman law and the Mosaic law. If He said that they should stone her, He would break the Roman law. If He refused to allow them to stone her, He would break the Mosaic law (Lev. 20:10; Deut. 22:22). Jesus' answer avoided the conflict: He said that he who was without sin should cast the first stone. Since He did teach that a stone be thrown (John 8:7), this is not an abolition of the death penalty.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:28 AM   #34
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
what does know
well for starters... he wouldn't have left his keys locked in the car at a stripper club...
Old 07-03-2006, 03:30 AM   #35
Lunchbox6

In other places in the New Testament we see the principle of capital punishment being reinforced. Romans 13:1-7, for example, teaches that human government is ordained by and that the civil magistrate is a minister of . We are to obey government for we are taught that government does not bear the sword in vain. The fact that the Apostle Paul used the image of the sword further supports the idea that capital punishment was to be used by government in the New Testament age as well. Rather than abolish the idea of the death penalty, Paul uses the emblem of the Roman sword to reinforce the idea of capital punishment. The New Testament did not abolish the death penalty; it reinforced the principle of capital punishment.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:33 AM   #36
Lunchbox6

One objection to capital punishment is that the government is itself committing murder. Put in theological terms, doesn't the death penalty violate the sixth commandment, which teaches "Thou shalt not kill?"

First, we must understand the context of this verse. The verb used in Exodus 20:13 is best translated "to murder." It is used 49 times in the Old Testament, and it is always used to describe premeditated murder. It is never used of animals, , angels, or enemies in battle. So the commandment is not teaching that all killing is wrong; it is teaching that murder is wrong.

Second, the penalty for breaking the commandment was death (Ex.21:12; Num. 35:16-21). We can conclude therefore that when the government took the life of a murderer, the government was not itself guilty of murder. Opponents of capital punishment who accuse the government of committing murder by implementing the death penalty fail to see the irony of using Exodus 20 to define murder but ignoring Exodus 21, which specifically teaches that government is to punish the murderer.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:35 AM   #37
Lunchbox6

While some would argue that the New Testament ethic replaces the Old Testament ethic, there is no instance in which a replacement ethic is introduced. As we have already seen, Jesus and the disciples never disturb the Old Testament standard of capital punishment. The Apostle Paul teaches that we are to live by grace with one another, but also teaches that we are to obey human government that bears the sword. Capital punishment is taught in both the Old Testament and the New Testament.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:36 AM   #38
Lunchbox6

SCHOOL IS NOW CLOSED!! !!!
:icon_bigg
Old 07-03-2006, 03:54 AM   #39
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

wtf was that?... :confused2
Old 07-03-2006, 03:56 AM   #40
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

praise jesus

Advertisement