Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #21
Squoddybody
This is me.
 
Squoddybody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hillbilly
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 22,185

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650






Sad story. I hope the rider makes it okay.
__________________
THIS is me on my motorcycle. Any Questions?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
woman runs red light because of GPS!?! on_one General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 05-03-2014 12:32 AM
biker runs red light maskale General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 12-18-2007 12:14 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #22
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
The ONLY person that brought cop bashing into this thread is you BadApple, your first post was some complete bullshit. Who gives a that cops spend most of their days driving and that their crash average is lower than that of normal citizens? It's unrelated. This thread is discussing a single officer who decided to run a stop sign and quite possibly killed a motorcyclist, the only person who generalized this into police as a whole was you.
did you read the 2nd and 3rd post in this thread

bad apple was 4th.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiber View Post
So this fuckoff runs a stop sign and then they wax eloquent about him being ok and returning to his full duty? him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trav View Post
yeah this guy. i bet nothing happens to him because hes an officer and is "above the law"
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #23
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,446







Member Garage





The Only thing I see wrong there is where he assumed the officer felt he was "above the law" the other comments would have been said about any head who ran a stop sign ad hit a motorcyclist. I didn't see about " the police." You think after handing out tickets all day and with all that practice he had driving most of the day all the time he would know that the big red sign that says stop means stop.
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #24
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
The Only thing I see wrong there is where he assumed the officer felt he was "above the law" the other comments would have been said about any head who ran a stop sign ad hit a motorcyclist. I didn't see about " the police." You think after handing out tickets all day and with all that practice he had driving most of the day all the time he would know that the big red sign that says stop means stop.
and your attitude towards the officer only solidifies exactly what bad apple was saying. good going.
__________________
motohoustonlogo
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #25
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,446







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
and your attitude towards the officer only solidifies exactly what bad apple was saying. good going.
Why the can you people not separate this man from his badge? If he didn't have a badge on you would be the leader of the lynch mob. Why does the fact that he is LEO make it not okay for us to judge him because of his actions? Never once did I make a broad statement about police, I've focused on THIS MAN, have you?
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:23 PM   #26
Squoddybody
This is me.
 
Squoddybody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hillbilly
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 22,185

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650






Accidents happen everyday. They are called accidents, and not purposes, because nobody gets in an accident on purpose.

The officer was at fault, he'll probably be ticketed for running the stop sign, if he hasn't already and that is the same thing that civilians get when they run a stop sign and hit somebody.

It's an unfortunate accident.
__________________
THIS is me on my motorcycle. Any Questions?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #27
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,446







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Accidents happen everyday. They are called accidents, and not purposes, because nobody gets in an accident on purpose.

The officer was at fault, he'll probably be ticketed for running the stop sign, if he hasn't already and that is the same thing that civilians get when they run a stop sign and hit somebody.

It's an unfortunate accident.
Agreed, I never asked for him to get more. However, I wouldn't fret if they put him at a desk, I know my work would if I ran a stop sign in a company vehicle causing an accident.

What I am surprised about is the public's(this board) reaction to the incident and one member turning it into a "how dare you hate the police" pity party.
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #28
Squoddybody
This is me.
 
Squoddybody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hillbilly
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 22,185

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650






Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Agreed, I never asked for him to get more. However, I wouldn't fret if they put him at a desk, I know my work would if I ran a stop sign in a company vehicle causing an accident.

What I am surprised about is the public(this board) reaction to the incident and one member turning it into a "how dare you hate the police" pity party.
True- because he was in a company automobile at the time of his accident, he should at least have some sort of time off from driving... not sure the police have the same policy about that, though, as, say, a commercial driver.

I love the police. I have never been arrested or in trouble for anything. I have no reason to hate them - they don't pick on me or harrass me. But BECAUSE it was an officer there will always be hate for one side or the other.

Still unfortunate that the injured rider had lived so long only to be taken out by an auto accident. Hopefully he recovers fully and is able to ride again - that's all that really matters right now.
__________________
THIS is me on my motorcycle. Any Questions?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:46 AM   #29
The Habernatho
Senior Member
 
The Habernatho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 513

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2012 Street Triple R









Quote:
Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
You have to understand that the majority of a officers day is spent driving his vehicle giving the officer a higher probability that a accident will occure. That being said officers have a extremely lower than normal accident rate if you take into count the hours spent driving.

I doubt this officer meant to hit the motorcyclist...hence why they call it a "ACCIDENT"...it ticks me off that the first two heads to post in this section take that " the police" mentality. Wait till they need the police and see if their tune changes...

End rant
Accident? Sure. Accident caused by the officers negligence? Definitely it was. Not sure what rationale your using to be able to defend someone who is clearly in the wrong. Plenty of cops have been convicted of rape, murder, or selling drugs just like the rest of society. Hope the guy heals up quick.
The Habernatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:20 AM   #30
HMFIC
Senior Member
 
HMFIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tierra de Azucar
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,812

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F






FTP!!

If you remove the Officer out of the incident, for example, the story was about Joe Citizen running a stop sign and hitting a fellow rider, people here (or any mc board) would be bashing the cage operator regardless of profession.

& since it involves an Officer, the incident has more "feelings" involved, weather pro-police or FTP.

But, what do I know...
__________________
Frank
HMFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:39 AM   #31
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





I feel sorry for the rider and the cop
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:10 AM   #32
cedestech
.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 8,302

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I feel sorry for the rider and the cop
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:59 AM   #33
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.
 
hotcknstrips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 15,696

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR









Quote:
Originally Posted by The Habernatho View Post
Accident? Sure. Accident caused by the officers negligence? Definitely it was. Not sure what rationale your using to be able to defend someone who is clearly in the wrong. Plenty of cops have been convicted of rape, murder, or selling drugs just like the rest of society. Hope the guy heals up quick.
C'mon man, I'm not taking sides here at all, but it was an accident.. like that happens, the rationale he's using for defending the cop are only known to him, because he's really defending him, but it still an accident.

Funny there are the usual players in this thread, specially "pro cop"

cop lovers.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
I am going to kiss your my friend!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:59 AM   #34
Badzx14r
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: lagrange tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,746


Bike(s):
2many2list









User is banned

.
Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:03 AM   #35
castrolr1
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
castrolr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Spring TX
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 936

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R1 followed me home









The LEO chose to run a stop sign... while breaking the law he almost killed someone... as long as he is held to the same standards as you and me.. court time..court cost...fines..civil suit.. then i'm ok with it
castrolr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:07 AM   #36
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by castrolr1 View Post
The LEO chose to run a stop sign... while breaking the law he almost killed someone... as long as he is held to the same standards as you and me.. court time..court cost...fines..civil suit.. then i'm ok with it
Yea, or maybe he had is head up his or was distracted by texting or some other inside his car. I doubt he saw and ran the sign on purpose
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:10 AM   #37
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/
 
ddgtomahawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,493

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S






happens.
__________________


Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:20 AM   #38
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by bjaz54 View Post
i see your point as well, but if it happened to be a truck driver, i think you would be less likely to hear about it. this hits the spotlight BECAUSE it's a police officer.
the professional truck driver would surely lose his job, maybe the license as well, but can bet the company would can him and with that on his driving record, might as well look for another feild of work, who's gonna hire him to drive for them after that, so what good is his license even if they dont take it?

I agree the officer didnt do it on purpose and I agree they spend all day in their car so the odds are higher they will have an accident.
I also think its the officers responsibilty to control his auto correctly at all times, after all, he does spend a lot of time there, one would think if he doesnt do it correctly and safely, maybe he might better be suited to desk support job or something. Just because he is in the car a lot of hours doesnt excuse the accident, it just means he should be paying closer attention while doing his job duties. We all make mistakes at work, his just happen to have almost killed a guy.
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:29 AM   #39
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/
 
ddgtomahawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,493

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S






Out of Curiosity, if he does pull overs there often you would think he would know every sign by heart, there a chance he was just rolling through it?
__________________


Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #40
Badzx14r
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: lagrange tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,746


Bike(s):
2many2list









User is banned

.
Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy