Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
I love nekkid midgets
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

07 HD XL1200C

01 XR fiddy

suspension and tire help

I have recently purchased a 2nd generation ZX10, it is basically brand new only has 350 miles on it.

The only bad part is I am a short . I am only 5'4" and the bike sits tall in the seat.

I have already considered cutting the seat down that will be the first thing I do when I get home that will get me about 2-1/2 inches, ( I am stuck in Kazakhstan right now).

Now I would like to get it a lot lower without totally the steering geometry, I am considering a drop link in the rear to get an extra inch out of it, as well as sucking the forks up into the tree.

I have a question about tires, it has stockers on it now, I was wondering do they make a lower profile front and rear tire I can put on as replacments that would get me another 1, or maybe 1.5 inches lower?

I would really like to sit on this thing flat footed, I am barely tippy toeing as it is.

Any help would be appreciated,

For fawks sakes, help a short somabetch out.

I am planning all of this for when I return to the states.

I have already bought a new pair of rear sets, a DB windscreen, and other .

Now I need the stuff that will really help me out.
anatram is offline   Reply With Quote