MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #21
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

when I first got my bike I didn't have riding experience and no license. But did have a jacket, gloves, helmet. Why??? Don't know why??? But I am so..... glad I did. For me...I use gear because its safe for me because the day that I'll eat ! I wanna make sure that I get back up with no road rash and Get to walk away with my skin still stashed to my body. Yeah it's true about gear will no make a different if you crash and hit your head to a poll but what about city riding? ?? I got hit 3times on my bike and one of them send me to the hospital with a fracture pelvis and all the others send me home for 2 days.
Point is always been.....you do what you want but everything we do has consequence! !
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
feather fashion trend witchdoctor575 Off Topic 12 06-04-2011 12:26 PM
Suicide Bomber at PP1 tonight!!! SLOWPOKE General Discussion (Moto Related) 154 07-11-2008 07:00 AM
FASHION vs STYLE FastLine Off Topic 1 04-25-2007 12:24 PM
JAPANESE FASHION...LOVE IT FastLine Off Topic 1 10-15-2005 09:17 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #22
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

when I first got my bike I didn't have riding experience and no license. But did have a jacket, gloves, helmet. Why??? Don't know why??? But I am so..... glad I did. For me...I use gear because its safe for me because the day that I'll eat ! I wanna make sure that I get back up with no road rash and Get to walk away with my skin still stashed to my body. Yeah it's true about gear will no make a different if you crash and hit your head to a poll but what about city riding? ?? I got hit 3times on my bike and one of them send me to the hospital with a fracture pelvis and all the others send me home for 2 days.
Point is always been.....you do what you want but everything we do has consequence! !
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:14 PM   #23
AJFLo

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
i think the way some people present themselves on the board turns off newer members when it comes to gear. i've seen some good guys come on here and say screw it then bounce lol. well said about NOT preaching and instead encouraging and setting a good example
I believe it's more worth the fight to preach to go to the track and improve your skill set, then all the gear all the time. You will still get fooked up if you don't know how to ride whether or not you're wearing full leathers or a wife beater.
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #24
babymilo36
Occupy Central

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
Specialized Allez Elite

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
well said about NOT preaching and instead encouraging and setting a good example

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #25
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
K, Ive told this to a select # of people, and Im fully aware Ill get laughed at....

Back when I first started riding and JCI was in effect... my first trip there on a bike, I rode with a casual leather jacket and a $99 Fulmer helmet. I rode all the way from galveston to 610/westhimer like this. THEN I decided I needed to "look cool" so I took my jacket off, strapped it along with helmet to rear or bike. and rode down westy in nothing more than jeans and a white tshirt. MAN, was I cool!

Thank , I not only learned from others advice and mistakes and started wearing full gear, but I sit back and laugh, because I can just see what people were prolly saying back then when I rolled up on my 1990 kawi zephyr 550 trying to look all cool and .
i can't figure out who was less cool ... you, or me with a few of my buddies who would ride in my 1998 chevy p/u and watch ppl at james coney / weisthimer ride around and do stupid . so lame. hahaha u just gotta look back and say " well, i'm glad i'm over and done with that phase of my life "

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
I understand some will get it and some won't. I was a squid when I purchased my bike. Rode off from the dealership in nothing but slacks, dress shirt, dress shoes, and sunglasses. If it wasn't for people educating me on the dangers of riding without gear I would still be riding around wearing nothing protective.

Don;t preach but give examples and encourage. If they turn the other cheek it and move on.
well done. one of the best post i've read on MH
Old 06-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #26
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
if your gear is last season, i will laugh
Old 06-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #27
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
if your gear is last season, i will laugh
hahaha solid!
Old 06-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #28
mike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
I understand some will get it and some won't. I was a squid when I purchased my bike. Rode off from the dealership in nothing but slacks, dress shirt, dress shoes, and sunglasses. If it wasn't for people educating me on the dangers of riding without gear I would still be riding around wearing nothing protective.

Don;t preach but give examples and encourage. If they turn the other cheek it and move on.
Well it comes down to common sense and logic. Don't they teach physics in schools? Basic principles apply here

But it comes down to ego > common sense/logical thinking - financial planning (as people don't seem to factor in the cost of gear when financing the bike they can't afford in the first place)

It also seems to be a regional problem. Looking at other states (California anybody) or countries it's a whole different ballgame.

Just my $0.02 and what do I know. I'm just too inexperienced so I wear my 1 piece on the streets
Old 06-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #29
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
^^^werd.

Its fashionable in the bayarea of Cali to wear your gear. And state law for helmets.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #30
mike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
^^^werd.

Its fashionable in the bayarea of Cali to wear your gear. And state law for helmets.
And look at all the videos (or at the people when you're there) you see posted from riders in LA riding the canyons ..

I just think it's plain stupid to not wear gear, simple as that.

Advertisement