MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2010, 10:23 PM   #101
Versatile337
They call me V or Franco

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 GSX-R 750 (Blk/Matte Blk)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeddXavier View Post
Live "hard", ride "hard", die "hard". It sucks that he is gone now but if you back up a step or two, is anybody really surprised about this?
I hope those who loved him are able to deal with the consequences and that every rider reflects on what would happen if he/she made similar choices.
+1
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buell 1125R/CR zpooch General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 02-08-2012 03:31 PM
Alpinestars CR One Piece?!?! jrfitzny Gear Talk 5 05-03-2011 09:24 PM
The new Honda CR-Z is not sporty Versatile337 Off Topic 18 09-10-2010 10:18 AM
CR 42 H2447INTX General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 09-04-2007 10:40 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2010, 10:38 PM   #102
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
yeah i sure he meant to leave this earth and never see his kids again, and leave them w/o a father.

respect.........lol.........dude showed no respect for anybody/anything, so why should anybody respect him?

esp the tidbit about him riding against traffic w/o lights, people earn respect not get it automatically.

fukin tards, you and him.
stfu racer x.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:39 PM   #103
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Lol sell your bike already, then you can get back to your car forums and talk about your "fast" cars lol
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:50 PM   #104
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

I dont like RIP Threads... Reminds me that it can be me or any of the many friends that I have made on 2 wheels (whether riding eratically or not, happens)

RIP CR
Im really happy for you and Im going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:30 AM   #105
Z1000
Z1K

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
'10 Kawasaki Z1000
'03 Gixxer600 (sold)
'03 Harley Sportster (gave to bro)
pow pow powerwheels

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Z1000
According to the police report regarding the time of accident, he crashed about an hour after his last forum post. Gives me the jitters thinking about it all.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:31 AM   #106
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

a good conculsion to draw from this is: the more times you ride like CR did, the sooner it'll catch up to you. JP171 said it right, and i have also seen it in other posts, that we all get bit by the stoopid bug, some just know how to control it better than others. I speed... and i have done well over 100mph many times on public roads, but it is not around traffic, at night, with no lights. there is a time and place for speeding. my career is in occupational safety, higher exposure=higer risk. cut your exposure down and your risk goes down. triple digits once a week vs triple digits twice a day means that hopefullly it'll take longer for the risks of triple digits to catch up to you and bite. if you're going to learn anything from this, learn that there is a time and place for speeding, and if'you're gonna crash, do like he did and don't take an innocent person out with you when you go.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:03 PM   #107
Badchev
Slow

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

RIP

Hate to see these threads, but it happens every year.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:43 PM   #108
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
i think a lot of the members here including myself have seen this from other guys who passed. its def an eye opener and so crazy to see
And, sadly, I really do not believe it will make a big difference with those who will ride reckless already.

But I do believe it will keep those who ride responsible from going too much into idiot mode like we all have at one time or another.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
Old 06-26-2010, 10:34 PM   #109
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
And, sadly, I really do not believe it will make a big difference with those who will ride reckless already.

But I do believe it will keep those who ride responsible from going too much into idiot mode like we all have at one time or another.
Very true.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:12 AM   #110
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Gau I agree, those who just don't give a and think they're 10 ft tall and bullet proof and immortal will go on the same way thinking "its not gonna happen to me" those of us who don't do all that BS all the time will be reminded why were still alive and in one piece

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
Old 06-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #111
mizpah
v con dios

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 Kaw ZR750S

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trav View Post
its still so sad :/
Sad but the guy had a choice and he made a fatal one!!! He could have hurt or killed someone else by his poor choice!!! IMHO
Old 06-27-2010, 09:15 AM   #112
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
those who just don't give a and think they're 10 ft tall and bullet proof and immortal will go on the same way thinking "its not gonna happen to me"
For the most part, I am going to have to go with the tried and true answer.

Age,experience, and attitude (usually derived from the culmination of the first two)

Last edited by GAU-8; 06-27-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #113
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post

Yup, true.
Every time there's a RIP thread my idiot mode gets turned down a notch and my "caution" spidey sense gauges are on full surround mode.
Over the course of a couple of weeks I'm back in my complacent happy commuter mode.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:26 PM   #114
mightymouse1

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2006 gsxr 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepPravacion View Post
it could be bro, i made a post about this the night it took place, my sister is a trama nurse and got some info.

she said the guy who was in the semi truck was xtremly shaken up.
who's your sis??? i work in the trauma center also at utmb.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:54 PM   #115
mightymouse1

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2006 gsxr 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
you can PM if you have any futher questions..

Aaron and I got along very well. becasue it was very clear very fast after meeting each other, that we both backed up what we said on motohouston.. you see. there are to many people on this site who "yell murder" at the site of someone speeding or running from the cops..

truth is, i have done track days, i have done wenesday night routes, and i have done Sunday morning rides.. Guess what? what aaron and i claimed to do, so did others..

my riding style is a wild one, ask anyone who rides with me. Tyco, ervin, daniel, and baron will not ride with me anymore (thats just to name a few)

aaron rode with his lights off often, and he never looked back while riding, yes he was speeding, who doesnt. going 1 mile over in DEER PARK is a ticket for speeding. so your telling me, people are mad, "hating" on aaron for 3 reasons
1.Speeding
2.Running from the cops
3.No lights..

becasue if your saying that, then everyone is mad at him for something they do aswell SPEEDING.. breaking the law is BREAKING THE LAW.. no matter how you cut it.. going 20 over speedlimit is just as breaking the law as if you were only going 1 over..

will this change my riding habit. I havent wheelied my bike, or gone over 90 since this happened

tonight is wenesday night, and i cancelled on everyone as of 30 minutes ago..
ive sat in my room and cryed thinking about this . and you have the nerve to ask me if this will change me.

i hate this site for always wanting to bash on people for there riding styles.. i dont judge you, so why the should anyone judge me. if you dont like "my" riding style, then feel free to ride with someone else..

people at the track have stolen bikes 70% of the bikes are there are hot cakes. do i judge? NO i dont care about what you have or how you got it. but yet the same people who ride stolen bikes are on this site bashing those who steal bikes for parting out.
se let me guess track riders its ok you have a stolen bike becasue your at the track, and you wont hurt anyone?

People who do routes on bike night. those are the same one who come on here talking to the newbies to riding like them.. WE ALL HAVE TO LEARN SOMEHOW RIGHT? So its ok for you Route guys to ride 150+ in and out of traffic some 2 up.. but its not ok for someone who just got his bike to ride that way..

Sunday morning riders (these are the guys with a career)
you all ride 130+ in the turns.. why is it ok for yall to bash the route runners and newbie riders.
oh and guess what someone from every group RUNS FROM THE COPS..

ive been there, seen it... i speak the truth about what happens on the streets of houston. then "yall online users" want to bash about it.. we all have done these things at one point of time. you did, i did it, and guess what, odds are your kids will be doing it too...
i'm sorry for your loss. however,the majority of people on here or people with good common sense DO NOT run from the cops. be a MAN and take the ticket. i don't and anyone that is not running from the cops do not ride with headlights off!!! let me see,hmmmm it's dark out here,i think it's cool to haul with the lights off...stop making excuses for fallen friends and riders. i work in the trauma center and know all the cops for gpd and utmb...the speed limit on parts of harborside is 30mph-40mph. yes i speed down harborside...no more than 20mph over...your buddy was doing freakin 70+mph over!!! the kicker is that this probably wasn't his first time. a utmb cop chased the same bike,with headlights off a few weeks prior to this. i have a saying...the second you disrespect these bikes from a 250cc-1400cc,you get EVERYTHING YOU DESERVE!!! tickets,maimed for life,or death. RIP!

one more thing...i love when they come into the er ...no helmet or gear rashed the up from wearing shorts and tank top screaming for pain med. lucky i'm not a doctor,you would get the minimum if i had my way...

i'm just saying what everyone else is thinking. solracer,if i'm wrong,pm me.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #116
DrAwkwArD
Banned

Trackdays: 9

User is banned

Old 06-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #117
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
people at the track have stolen bikes 70% of the bikes are there are hot cakes. do i judge? NO i dont care about what you have or how you got it. but yet the same people who ride stolen bikes are on this site bashing those who steal bikes for parting out.
se let me guess track riders its ok you have a stolen bike becasue your at the track, and you wont hurt anyone?
please dont breed. not ever.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #118
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Doc Awk, your about the gazillionith person to say the same thing, yes its sad, yes its terrible for those that are friends and family, however it is still due to foolish stupidity that it occured, nothing and no one can change that. matter of fact I said the same thing 2 different ways a few pages back. this is the reason I don't usually say anything on the RIP threads, most of them are due to rider error(no such thing as an accident unless your under 2 years old) and there fore you need to not rest in peace, rather be hanged up someplace with a sign that says I died because I was a dumbass. I realize all the riders were friends or family of someone and maybe even mine but aww shore hate it for ya(spellin on purpose)

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #119
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
please dont breed. not ever.
I told you the same thing, but did you listen? oh no you didn't

Old 06-27-2010, 05:32 PM   #120
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
I told you the same thing, but did you listen? oh no you didn't
im a bad , so its ok.
Closed Thread