Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #81
Redux

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
grasshopper

He is gone now. It's a tragedy for all of us.

And some of us will see it as a reminder to not partake in dangerous riding habits. Others will see it as in invitation to continue to endanger themselves as a tribute.
It's your choice and responsibility.

People are upset because this is avoidable. We DON'T want more RIP threads.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buell 1125R/CR zpooch General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 02-08-2012 03:31 PM
Alpinestars CR One Piece?!?! jrfitzny Gear Talk 5 05-03-2011 09:24 PM
The new Honda CR-Z is not sporty Versatile337 Off Topic 18 09-10-2010 10:18 AM
CR 42 H2447INTX General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 09-04-2007 10:40 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #82
Davekg
Honda Rider

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 CBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux View Post

And some of us will see it as a reminder to not partake in dangerous riding habits. Others will see it as in invitation to continue to endanger themselves as a tribute.

+1 what he said.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #83
Polo1000RR

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR
2003 600 RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux View Post

I hope more people do start seeing. It is avoidable. Hopefully everyone on MH will be effected by this. I hope it really makes them think.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #84
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

I'm gonna keep the shitstorm going here I guess.

I do NOT respect anyone who knowingly puts their family in danger, causes them harm out of selfishness or sheer stupidity. I haven't said anything about CR due to not really giving two one way or the other, I didn't know him nor his family/friends. what happened was his fault period, now his family and friends have to clean up the fukking mess, that does make me a bit angry at him. I will say that I am very much sad for his family and friends, and wish them every hope that they may find solace in whatever they may believe. as far as bashing , not really sure saying that he was a dumbass stoopid fukkwad for riding like an and an irresponsible noob is really bashing, we are judging the actions we have seen and he has professed to have done, we same as you as his family and friends are trying to rationalize what occured, how his death affects us and the community we are part of, most of this isn't bashing at all but rather an attemt to explore and discover. To excuse the actions of a person that has died as a direct result of his very own actions, does him and all of us a disservice and even more so gives us a reason to rationalize our not being responsible. I am on here as I am in life, a few of the guys have met me and know I'll told ya here and in person same same. To me dead is dead, the dead sure don't care what ya say about em, the family and friends if they are secure in their feelings and beliefs shouldn't care either. To Honor the memory of a person is for the living, and can be the very highest they can strive to, however we do have the responsibility to question what happened, why and how, how we may try to not do the same thing. BTW in response to the rant of our not being perfect in our riding or attitude, no we are not perfect, sometimes the stoopid bug bites us all then we do stoopid things, this is a self evident inconvient truth. but some of us I guess have either been lucky or we try like to practice what we preach. My Comment on the thread about his near fatal up earlier in the day was "SLOW THE FUKK DOWN" In defense of that think on this. I have been riding bikes on the street for over 30 years since 1979 legally I have had 2 collisions on the street, 3 on the track, I have had exactly 3 moving violation tickets on a bike in that time, I have had 5 that were not moving violations, contemplate this I do ride sometimes in a counter productive manner to continued good health, yes I do exceed the posted limit, yes I do do some high speed turns so no I'm not perfect and innocent. I do not however do most if not all of the things that CR and others said he did. I dislike those who think that the world is gonna give them a pass for stoopid and I don't ride with them. Again I wish the family and friends my most heartfelt sympathy and wishes for healing and that they withstand their personal tragedy, and those that read of his exploits and attitude remember what the end result was.

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
Old 06-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #85
Polo1000RR

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR
2003 600 RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post

I do NOT respect anyone who knowingly puts their family in danger, causes them harm out of selfishness or sheer stupidity. I haven't said anything about CR due to not really giving two one way or the other, I didn't know him nor his family/friends. what happened was his fault period, now his family and friends have to clean up the fukking mess, that does make me a bit angry at him. I will say that I am very much sad for his family and friends, and wish them every hope that they may find solace in whatever they may believe. as far as bashing , not really sure saying that he was a dumbass stoopid fukkwad for riding like an and an irresponsible noob is really bashing, we are judging the actions we have seen and he has professed to have done, we same as you as his family and friends are trying to rationalize what occured, how his death affects us and the community we are part of, most of this isn't bashing at all but rather an attemt to explore and discover. To excuse the actions of a person that has died as a direct result of his very own actions, does him and all of us a disservice and even more so gives us a reason to rationalize our not being responsible. I am on here as I am in life, a few of the guys have met me and know I'll told ya here and in person same same. To me dead is dead, the dead sure don't care what ya say about em, the family and friends if they are secure in their feelings and beliefs shouldn't care either. To Honor the memory of a person is for the living, and can be the very highest they can strive to, however we do have the responsibility to question what happened, why and how, how we may try to not do the same thing. BTW in response to the rant of our not being perfect in our riding or attitude, no we are not perfect, sometimes the stoopid bug bites us all then we do stoopid things, this is a self evident inconvient truth. but some of us I guess have either been lucky or we try like to practice what we preach. My Comment on the thread about his near fatal up earlier in the day was "SLOW THE FUKK DOWN" In defense of that think on this. I have been riding bikes on the street for over 30 years since 1979 legally I have had 2 collisions on the street, 3 on the track, I have had exactly 3 moving violation tickets on a bike in that time, I have had 5 that were not moving violations, contemplate this I do ride sometimes in a counter productive manner to continued good health, yes I do exceed the posted limit, yes I do do some high speed turns so no I'm not perfect and innocent. I do not however do most if not all of the things that CR and others said he did. I dislike those who think that the world is gonna give them a pass for stoopid and I don't ride with them. Again I wish the family and friends my most heartfelt sympathy and wishes for healing and that they withstand their personal tragedy, and those that read of his exploits and attitude remember what the end result was.
Well you said yourself we all have ridin like a "dumbass stoopid fukkwad riding like an and an irresponsible noob" we just got lucky. And now it was his fault. That was my point, we all have done it at some point in time so why sit here and make people that do give a about it read a bunch of that doesn't do any good at all. It is different when it's someone you knew personally. I disagree 100 percent with how he was riding that night. And I wish he would have taken your advise and slowed down. All this is obvious. You and others call him dumbass and everything else like he got what he desreved and then turn around and say that you feel for the family and friends not giving a that they may be reading it. Like I said I know it was his fault. It's not about respecting him, it's about respecting those that are left missing him. So i could giva a less wether or not you espect him, thats your choice. But pointing out over nad over and over how stupid and selfish he was and then try to say you feel for the family and friends is dumb.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #86
Davekg
Honda Rider

Bike(s):
08 CBR

Quote:

Very well said, I don't think I could have expressed what I feel about the situation better than you just did.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #87
Polo1000RR

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR
2003 600 RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davekg View Post
Very well said, I don't think I could have expressed what I feel about the situation better than you just did.
forbid, but if anything ever happened to someone you cared for I would be curious to see how a lot of you would take hearing that person being called a dumbass and a idiot! Regardless if it was true or not!
Old 06-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #88
thewrx

Member Garage

my post got deleted and I did even talk .

G

Old 06-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #89
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo1000RR View Post
Well you said yourself we all have ridin like a "dumbass stoopid fukkwad riding like an and an irresponsible noob" we just got lucky. And now it was his fault. That was my point, we all have done it at some point in time so why sit here and make people that do give a about it read a bunch of that doesn't do any good at all. It is different when it's someone you knew personally. I disagree 100 percent with how he was riding that night. And I wish he would have taken your advise and slowed down. All this is obvious. You and others call him dumbass and everything else like he got what he desreved and then turn around and say that you feel for the family and friends not giving a that they may be reading it. Like I said I know it was his fault. It's not about respecting him, it's about respecting those that are left missing him. So i could giva a less wether or not you espect him, thats your choice. But pointing out over nad over and over how stupid and selfish he was and then try to say you feel for the family and friends is dumb.
Disagree with you. The word is insensitive not dumb. There is a reason for what they are saying, every year we see RIP threads do to someone driving like an idiot. EVERY single year. It gets old that the people we talk to on a daily basis whether on the net or in person have to die due to their own lack of control. Insensitive, by all means. Then again, they are showing they care by trying to point out to everyone else how this can turn out. Not dumb, very smart. But definitely could be seen as insensitive.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:58 PM   #90
Davekg
Honda Rider

Bike(s):
08 CBR

Quote:
forbid, but if anything ever happened to someone you cared for I would be curious to see how a lot of you would take hearing that person being called a dumbass and a idiot! Regardless if it was true or not!
I'll have to ponder on that one, as for myself if I die because I'm being a dumb- don't sugar coat it, call it what it is. If I'm a dumb-, don't label me a 'n hero. Find out why I was a dumb- and don't let it happen to you.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #91
Polo1000RR

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR
2003 600 RR

Quote:
I'll have to ponder on that one, as for myself if I die because I'm being a dumb- don't sugar coat it, call it what it is. If I'm a dumb-, don't label me a 'n hero. Find out why I was a dumb- and don't let it happen to you.
Agreed.

This whole thing is really sad.

I'm out.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:05 PM   #92
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

hey Polo, go to the off topic and read the thread I put up, your trying to defend what is undefendable, if his family reads what I wrote maybe they'll understand, you obviously aren't, your being obtuse. I never said anything about getting what he deserved, I don't think anyone deserves to die young in the flower of life, but it happens and it is infact his fault, I can't change that and trying to blow smoke up someones isn't going to change that, thats one of the points I am trying to make, he made a mistake, and had errors in judgement, that makes it his fault period. it is sad that he had to pay the price required of him for his lapse in judgement. It is more sad that his family had to pay, if you don't like what I wrote, then don't read it, if you don't understand it then go to someone that can help you understand. I think you are too close to what happened to see what is there in truth, your seeing only attacks on your friend/family. As for seeing people die, I have seen too many people die, some of them my friends,soldiers,Firefighters that I have worked with so please I ask this of you, don't assume to tell me what I should feel when my friends or family die and I won't tell you how to feel, grieving is a difficult process, it is painful, long, arduous and never really stops no matter how long its been. seek help and find whatever peace you can

ok I'm an insensative , I'll plead guilty on that

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php

Last edited by JP171; 06-24-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #93
babymilo36
(งಠ‿ಠ)ง

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2017 Grom

Member Garage

Quote:
Aggreed, however learning from it and discussing his mistakes to change how we and others ride is one thing. All the bashing that has gone on the last few days on different threads is another. Your right though. The best thing we can do is learn from it.
i've been keeping up with these threads and can honestly say i've learned much from this. like what was said before, it sucks that someone had to be the example.

RIP CR!

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
Old 06-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #94
Polo1000RR

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR
2003 600 RR

Quote:
hey Polo, go to the off topic and read the thread I put up, your trying to defend what is undefendable, if his family reads what I wrote maybe they'll understand, you obviously aren't, your being obtuse. I never said anything about getting what he deserved, I don't think anyone deserves to die young in the flower of life, but it happens and it is infact his fault, I can't change that and trying to blow smoke up someones isn't going to change that, thats one of the points I am trying to make, he made a mistake, and had errors in judgement, that makes it his fault period. it is sad that he had to pay the price required of him for his lapse in judgement. It is more sad that his family had to pay, if you don't like what I wrote, then don't read it, if you don't understand it then go to someone that can help you understand. I think you are too close to what happened to see what is there in truth, your seeing only attacks on your friend/family. As for seeing people die, I have seen too many people die, some of them my friends,soldiers,Firefighters that I have worked with so please I ask this of you, don't assume to tell me what I should feel when my friends or family die and I won't tell you how to feel, grieving is a difficult process, it is painful, long, arduous and never really stops no matter how long its been. seek help and find whatever peace you can

The way you stated it now is alot differen than how you stated it earlier. I didn't mean to say that you said he got what he deserved. I remember reading that somewhere. You got your point across that he made mistakes and that he screwed up without all the names and bs. Maybe I am not seeing the while picture and only seeing attacks. Like I said it's different when it's someone you know. At least for me it is. No disrespect to your career, as a matter of fact I appreciate your service, but you are used to seeing bad things. I couldn't do what you do because I don't know that I can handle that kind of loss. Your right that the facts are what they are. I just don't see why a lot of people have to be so incensitive. Family and friends are reading.
There is a way to say that what he did was entirly reterded and trying to show others what happens from it without being so incensitive. Wow, i feel like a chick right now. Like I said it is different when yo cared for the dude.
We do see way too many of these threads and not once has all the involved helped anyone. It's prolly hurt alot of family and friends that might get on here just to see inside their loved ones life.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:28 PM   #95
CRITTER

Bike(s):
08 heritage softtail

The viewing is tonight at Rosewood Funeral home, located on Old
Humble Road. Deepest sympathy to his family and children.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:54 PM   #96
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
No you're not, you've talked about your feelings more on this thread than most people do all year.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:11 PM   #97
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
That in a nut shell covers it. How you carry yourself in life is how you make "your stamp", and how others will remember you. I didn't know him personally, but just the way he talked on the board I hate to say I am not surprised.

I hate the results for his family and friends.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
Old 06-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #98
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Sad thing about is. Who is the one that is going to suffer from this...THE KID

It is sad to know. I could not fathom not being here for my son

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
Old 06-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #99
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hern5972 View Post
Sad thing about is. Who is the one that is going to suffer from this...THE KID

It is sad to know. I could not fathom not being here for my son
+1 my father got him self killed on HIS BIKE IN GALVESTON when I was three (he was 22)

why? Being stupid and not seeing the big picture.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #100
ZeddXavier

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 ZX-6R (sold)

Live "hard", ride "hard", die "hard". It sucks that he is gone now but if you back up a step or two, is anybody really surprised about this?
I hope those who loved him are able to deal with the consequences and that every rider reflects on what would happen if he/she made similar choices.

Advertisement