MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #41
Kodak
Riding Solo Now

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 CBR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Aramis, do you think it was wise of him to be speeding, running from the police with his lights off?

Not trying to instigate, I'm just really curious how anyone that does this thinks it looks cool and can justify it.

Lots of people have very different personalities online vs in person but he appeared to back up everything he said he did on here.

Having ridden with him, does/will this change your riding habits?
you can PM if you have any futher questions..

Aaron and I got along very well. becasue it was very clear very fast after meeting each other, that we both backed up what we said on motohouston.. you see. there are to many people on this site who "yell murder" at the site of someone speeding or running from the cops..

truth is, i have done track days, i have done wenesday night routes, and i have done Sunday morning rides.. Guess what? what aaron and i claimed to do, so did others..

my riding style is a wild one, ask anyone who rides with me. Tyco, ervin, daniel, and baron will not ride with me anymore (thats just to name a few)

aaron rode with his lights off often, and he never looked back while riding, yes he was speeding, who doesnt. going 1 mile over in DEER PARK is a ticket for speeding. so your telling me, people are mad, "hating" on aaron for 3 reasons
1.Speeding
2.Running from the cops
3.No lights..

becasue if your saying that, then everyone is mad at him for something they do aswell SPEEDING.. breaking the law is BREAKING THE LAW.. no matter how you cut it.. going 20 over speedlimit is just as breaking the law as if you were only going 1 over..

will this change my riding habit. I havent wheelied my bike, or gone over 90 since this happened

tonight is wenesday night, and i cancelled on everyone as of 30 minutes ago..
ive sat in my room and cryed thinking about this . and you have the nerve to ask me if this will change me.

i hate this site for always wanting to bash on people for there riding styles.. i dont judge you, so why the should anyone judge me. if you dont like "my" riding style, then feel free to ride with someone else..

people at the track have stolen bikes 70% of the bikes are there are hot cakes. do i judge? NO i dont care about what you have or how you got it. but yet the same people who ride stolen bikes are on this site bashing those who steal bikes for parting out.
se let me guess track riders its ok you have a stolen bike becasue your at the track, and you wont hurt anyone?

People who do routes on bike night. those are the same one who come on here talking to the newbies to riding like them.. WE ALL HAVE TO LEARN SOMEHOW RIGHT? So its ok for you Route guys to ride 150+ in and out of traffic some 2 up.. but its not ok for someone who just got his bike to ride that way..

Sunday morning riders (these are the guys with a career)
you all ride 130+ in the turns.. why is it ok for yall to bash the route runners and newbie riders.
oh and guess what someone from every group RUNS FROM THE COPS..

ive been there, seen it... i speak the truth about what happens on the streets of houston. then "yall online users" want to bash about it.. we all have done these things at one point of time. you did, i did it, and guess what, odds are your kids will be doing it too...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buell 1125R/CR zpooch General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 02-08-2012 03:31 PM
Alpinestars CR One Piece?!?! jrfitzny Gear Talk 5 05-03-2011 09:24 PM
The new Honda CR-Z is not sporty Versatile337 Off Topic 18 09-10-2010 10:18 AM
CR 42 H2447INTX General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 09-04-2007 10:40 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #42
Kodak
Riding Solo Now

Bike(s):
06 CBR 600

Caligonetexas, is the only person i have not seen go over 90... and even he blames that on his 250.. my hat goes off to you caligonetexas.. even though 90 is still breaking the law. you are not breaking it that much. (does anyone get what im saying?)
Old 06-23-2010, 06:47 PM   #43
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Sorry you misunderstood.
I know he was your friend and I was asking you a legit humble question.
Yeah everyone speeds, some do crazier than others.
It'd be great to know that every now and then when someone goes down it'll help the rest of us put what we do in perspective.

Stay safe Aramis.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #44
mevans24
RIP S. Rios.

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
04' R6

Aramis, I feel you. I'm tearing up a bit from reading your post.
Dude, just 2-3 weeks ago we rode to and from dallas. One of the best rides of my life.
He was actually the best biker buddy I've ever had. He never persuaded me out of my comfort zone and was courteous of my driving, in return I showed him the same respect.

I was looking forward to meeting up with him this week to some of the meets. Guy taught me a lot and showed me much love. I don't care what anyone says, that guy was a great part of MH.
If any of you haven't noticed, yea he did some crazy but it was always in a "don't try this at home" manner. at least that was the way he was with me. He never posted anything on here to get noticed, just shared his thoughts and experiences. I didn't see a single soul talk bad of him in any of his post but now that he's gone everyone steps up to throw their handful of dirt.

I guess. Thats the last of my .

Ride safe ARAMIS
Old 06-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #45
Phiber

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
2009 Ninja 250

No one should talk ill of the dead, for how are they to defend themselves? To offend a memory is to throw dirt for the sake of nothing. There is no more wrong to do, no more mistakes to make, and nothing more to learn when you're dead.

RIP
Old 06-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #46
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

Aramis, i'm sure this is a hard time for u, losing someone you knew. But when you say "others like us need a hard ride" you're putting ur self and other ppl on the road in danger. And risk changing other ppl's lives not even on the road ( family /friends)

i honestly think about that stuff whenever i suit up to ride. It's a freakin blast riding...and even MORE fun to give it a little extra on the throttle. But u gotta remember you're doing something extremely risky every time u hop on a bike, and u make it 20x's worse by going way over the speed limit and doin crazy sh#t.

i hope you are able to slow down and enoy riding w/out such excess, and learn from others mistakes.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #47
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

RIP.

deal for a lot of reasons.

Thankful no one else was hurt in the accident.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Old 06-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #48
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
no Aaron was not suicidal at all. he had problems, and rode it away..
many of us Me included ride to get our minds off things. some of yall need a small mellow ride to just clear yalls head, but others like Aaron and I need a hard ride, something that will make us forget about whats going on at home.
then go get your fast fix on roads that people don't use very often, not on roads with a ton of traffic where you are likely to take out more than just yourself if you crash. it's pretty selfish to only care about how you are feeling and not what you could possibly do to another person and their family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
my riding style is a wild one, ask anyone who rides with me. Tyco, ervin, daniel, and baron will not ride with me anymore (thats just to name a few)

aaron rode with his lights off often, and he never looked back while riding, yes he was speeding, who doesnt. going 1 mile over in DEER PARK is a ticket for speeding. so your telling me, people are mad, "hating" on aaron for 3 reasons
1.Speeding
2.Running from the cops
3.No lights..

becasue if your saying that, then everyone is mad at him for something they do aswell SPEEDING.. breaking the law is BREAKING THE LAW.. no matter how you cut it.. going 20 over speedlimit is just as breaking the law as if you were only going 1 over..
it's not moderate speeding that i have a problem with, even excessive speeding has a time and place, and that time is not with lots of other people around that your decisions could effect
Quote:

people at the track have stolen bikes 70% of the bikes are there are hot cakes. do i judge? NO i dont care about what you have or how you got it. but yet the same people who ride stolen bikes are on this site bashing those who steal bikes for parting out.
se let me guess track riders its ok you have a stolen bike becasue your at the track, and you wont hurt anyone?
i personally have done a trackday, and i know of many people that have also done one. I have an issue with you claiming that 70% of the bikes are stolen. where is your proof? it seems you are trying to pass the buck off from what you are doing and try to make it sound like you are not as "guilty" as other people[/quote]

People who do routes on bike night. those are the same one who come on here talking to the newbies to riding like them.. WE ALL HAVE TO LEARN SOMEHOW RIGHT? So its ok for you Route guys to ride 150+ in and out of traffic some 2 up.. but its not ok for someone who just got his bike to ride that way..

Sunday morning riders (these are the guys with a career)
you all ride 130+ in the turns.. why is it ok for yall to bash the route runners and newbie riders.
oh and guess what someone from every group RUNS FROM THE COPS..

ive been there, seen it... i speak the truth about what happens on the streets of houston. then "yall online users" want to bash about it.. we all have done these things at one point of time. you did, i did it, and guess what, odds are your kids will be doing it too...[/QUOTE]
Old 06-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #49
Versatile337
They call me V or Franco

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2009 GSX-R 750 (Blk/Matte Blk)

Member Garage

This makes me want to take a 100+ ride. Maybe his memorial ride should be 100+. I haven't met him but I know if I rode like that all the time, that's how I would want it.

Here's to using all six gears of your bike.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #50
G1xx3rGuy08
1dizzie

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
gixxer 1000
600rr stunna!!!

He went by the name of goast rider. The guy running from tolls couldn't of been him. When y'all postes a guy running on a previous post you can see he was posting too so it couldn't of been him
Old 06-23-2010, 10:08 PM   #51
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1xx3rGuy08 View Post
He went by the name of goast rider. The guy running from tolls couldn't of been him. When y'all postes a guy running on a previous post you can see he was posting too so it couldn't of been him
There is no 'goast rider', we know who/what we're discussing, it doesn't appear that you do.

"V", you're an idiot.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #52
G1xx3rGuy08
1dizzie

Bike(s):
gixxer 1000
600rr stunna!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
There is no 'goast rider', we know who/what we're discussing, it doesn't appear that you do.

"V", you're an idiot.
Coast rider my bad. He has a avatar of a skull w a background of flames
Old 06-23-2010, 11:03 PM   #53
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Bad choices, predictable outcome. We can all learn from this. Each in our own way. I am no saint on the streets, but I have mellowed by riding fast on the track. I also have $2m of life insurance that will help my parents, wife, and kids cope with my bad decisions. Do you?

RIP CR
Old 06-24-2010, 06:03 AM   #54
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

I pray for all the groups and clubs,
I pray for the sport that all of us love.
No matter what style no matter what race,
Your soul has no color, your soul has no face.
We started out afraid to lean right or left,
And now we use speeds that could bring us death.
So turn back the throttle it might save your life,
You may have a husband, you may have a wife.
Think of your family and what they will miss,
Your touch and your smile, the warmth of your kiss.
Think of your loved ones when you turn the key,
Bless all the bikers and also
Bless Me..

Aramis! Man you can hit me anytime and you know this man.

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
Old 06-24-2010, 07:16 AM   #55
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Each rider is in control of their own bike to the extent of being responsible for its actions.

The nature of the hobby by itself is presumably guilty, its a matter of self control and choice to better the character of the rider and the resulting outcome of the stamp you lead on the community.

Thanks for the kind words directed towards me, but I have my own personal rules about highway riding and w groups. I admit full responsibility for my riding habits and yes I do go faster on backroads etc when w a group I trust and I justify to myself less are at risk.

This was an unfortunate situation and yes totally avoidable. Near all motorcycle related accidents are the same. Sorry if I seem less emotional on the boards then in person when discussing death; I find its more natural then living and one should be appreciated more. Been around it way too much; I find if people dont take the time to appreciate those around them and go out of their own way then they wont find much reason in love and life because it was all center focused. Moreover again, they wouldnt ever be in a situation protecting someone others that had passed from a few bad choices since the facts are over ruling the reminder that this incident was just one part of the individuals life that is no longer with us.

I have yet to meet a guilt-free rider. Im sure I have played my part in making several of them by providing tools through rides to ride faster and inevitably crash faster in corners. Put that on my shoulders if it must be done to justify your heart/words/actions; but dont say we dont try to inform riders through this community to wear gear, slow down when necessary and respect riding groups/traffic/communities to some degree. Ultimately its the responsibility of individual riders.

Best wishes to family and his dear friends such as Aramis plus.

Last edited by CaligoneTx; 06-24-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #56
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

found this little gem from cr

Quote:
ya the beltway cops are always sneaky. thats why I haul azz through there. Sneak past them.

I would love tell you about the time they tried to trap me with a road block on hardy toll at 3 a.m and I turned off my lights and flipped the bike around and drove against traffic the for like 2 miles to get back to an exit.

haha they thought the had me good, and the cop chasing blew past me because my lights were off.

Ahh good times back in the 1990s
rip dude
Old 06-24-2010, 09:56 AM   #57
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Each rider is in control of their own bike to the extent of being responsible for its actions.

The nature of the hobby by itself is presumably guilty, its a matter of self control and choice to better the character of the rider and the resulting outcome of the stamp you lead on the community.

Thanks for the kind words directed towards me, but I have my own personal rules about highway riding and w groups. I admit full responsibility for my riding habits and yes I do go faster on backroads etc when w a group I trust and I justify to myself less are at risk.

This was an unfortunate situation and yes totally avoidable. Near all motorcycle related accidents are the same. Sorry if I seem less emotional on the boards then in person when discussing death; I find its more natural then living and one should be appreciated more. Been around it way too much; I find if people dont take the time to appreciate those around them and go out of their own way then they wont find much reason in love and life because it was all center focused. Moreover again, they wouldnt ever be in a situation protecting someone others that had passed from a few bad choices since the facts are over ruling the reminder that this incident was just one part of the individuals life that is no longer with us.

I have yet to meet a guilt-free rider. Im sure I have played my part in making several of them by providing tools through rides to ride faster and inevitably crash faster in corners. Put that on my shoulders if it must be done to justify your heart/words/actions; but dont say we dont try to inform riders through this community to wear gear, slow down when necessary and respect riding groups/traffic/communities to some degree. Ultimately its the responsibility of individual riders.

Best wishes to family and his dear friends such as Aramis plus.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:07 AM   #58
G1xx3rGuy08
1dizzie

Bike(s):
gixxer 1000
600rr stunna!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigntx View Post
rip dude
I don't give a in what way u mean this or what point your trying to prove but respect the forum in his memory or don't post at all. He was a very good friend, he road like he like and I bet we when out the way he wanted. That is on his bike the same way I would want to too.

Are words are and I qoute. The day I stop riding is the the I can't get on my bike.

So may he rest in peace and please do not trash this forum and respect the dead. I do take it personal because he was a real good friend of my
Old 06-24-2010, 10:13 AM   #59
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

Quote:
I don't give a in what way u mean this or what point your trying to prove but respect the forum in his memory or don't post at all. He was a very good friend, he road like he like and I bet we when out the way he wanted. That is on his bike the same way I would want to too.

Are words are and I qoute. The day I stop riding is the the I can't get on my bike.

So may he rest in peace and please do not trash this forum and respect the dead. I do take it personal because he was a real good friend of my
oh calm down it wasn't meant to be a dis.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #60
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
and I bet we when out the way he wanted.

yeah i sure he meant to leave this earth and never see his kids again, and leave them w/o a father.

respect.........lol.........dude showed no respect for anybody/anything, so why should anybody respect him?

esp the tidbit about him riding against traffic w/o lights, people earn respect not get it automatically.

fukin tards, you and him.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Closed Thread

Advertisement