MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #41
Beanie Chino

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 R6 50th
2010 VRSCDX "THE FAT DARKNESS"

You know you're right. Going to the owner will make things right, but the question is if the proper people are in place, WTF do I need to goto the owner? If the place is run correctly then you know what? There wouldn't be people complaining about both their service and sales staff.
Beanie Chino is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Import frustrations Triumph Triple General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 09-07-2015 09:34 PM
IMPORT REACTOR... WHO IS IN? Perf_White_GT Events, Meets and Rides 14 02-22-2011 08:06 PM
import cars.. they never learn RGHNCKTXN Off Topic 60 03-13-2007 11:48 PM
EX IMPORT CYCLES ryanx13 General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 01-18-2007 04:35 PM
Import Tuning Taken Way Too Far FastLine Off Topic 19 11-30-2005 07:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2010, 07:58 PM   #42
trooper
Time to ride.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 Heritage Softail Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Chino View Post
You know you're right. Going to the owner will make things right, but the question is if the proper people are in place, WTF do I need to goto the owner? If the place is run correctly then you know what? There wouldn't be people complaining about both their service and sales staff.
Which goes back to what I said about we never hear the good stuff, only the bad. They have been in business for awhile and have a pretty loyal following of dedicated, happy cutomers. I"m willing to go out on a limb and say for every legitimate negative complaint there's at least 2-3 people who never had a problem, and again if those people who had a legitimate complaint had made an effort to resolve it they would no longer be unhappy (mostly). I'll go out even farther to say that I bet a bunch of the people who bash the place never actually tried to conduct real business there. Rather those people are reiterating what there homeboy said or someone else. Alot of the complaints are about his prices and yet I bought a bike there without getting screwed, so have a few of my friends. I am of the opinion that I, as a consumer, have no right to complain about what they ask for a bike. I either buy it or go elsewhere. Who am I to gripe and complain, it's why he has a business, to set his own rules and guidelines and most important to make a profit. Last time I checked he was not running a 501c. Anyways all I'm saying is if you have a complaint go to the boss and try to resolve it, if you are not treated correctly share your experience justifiably. If however you don't make an effort then I don't feel you have a right to complain. A problem has to be rocognized before it can be rectified. Just my .02.
trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #43
1340HIGH
1340HIGH

Bike(s):
Harley FXDC
420 Honda Rancher ATV

I think it was 1999 I bought a 1993 Suzuki GS1100G from them.
They were in a much smaller buliding back then, and they only sold used bikes

I offered them about 8% less than they were asking for the bike

As I recall they wanted 3800 and I offered 3200
I guess inpart that this bike was not a big seller, they agreed to the offer.

But other than that trans action I have not been back except for an occassional walk through the show room.

I do get the genernal preception that they are kind of high on the prices but they must be doing something right as they have grown.
1340HIGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:44 PM   #44
Intermission
Pure Awesome

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2009 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:2007 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:1999 YZ-125
SOLD:2004 Can-o-Tuna

Member Garage

All I have to say is i've never seen any other dealership in Houston have as much negative sentiment towards them.
Intermission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #45
trooper
Time to ride.

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
All I have to say is i've never seen any other dealership in Houston have as much negative sentiment towards them.
So then because everyone else says somethng is bad im supposed to also consider It bad rather than use my own brain to evaluate my own personal experience? Thats childish behavior at its worst. Might as well be a sheep grazing with the herd if your just gonna follow the pack.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #46
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
So then because everyone else says somethng is bad im supposed to also consider It bad rather than use my own brain to evaluate my own personal experience? Thats childish behavior at its worst. Might as well be a sheep grazing with the herd if your just gonna follow the pack.
not at all true sir.
I have no good or bad business to report with them, but honestly, if I was in the market and I saw this thread, it would have nothing to do with acting like sheep and following along, it would have everything to do with learning from others. This many bad reports and only one or two good ones, as a consumer, I would run to another dealer in a blink!
Again, they have never done me wrong, but as proven by this thread, they definately have some issues needing ironed out.
I wish them luck and hope they use this feedback to turn into a positive, I know it would affect me drastically if I was an owner of it.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #47
Intermission
Pure Awesome

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2009 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:2007 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:1999 YZ-125
SOLD:2004 Can-o-Tuna

Member Garage

Quote:
Whenever a salesmen tells you that having a bike broken in for you is worth 2 grand it makes it hard to take a dealership seriously.
Intermission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:47 PM   #48
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I see circles in this thread lol

that is all.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #49
ormand
Deelish!

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

I walked in there a while back to look at an RSV4R and nobody came around to help me - not that I mind but still. I walked around the whole showroom floor while the sales people were just chatting up a storm.

I walked in there a LONG time ago when Carboy was still next to them along with World Car Stereo...like in the late 1990s. They were eager to sell me a bike! lol
Old 06-21-2010, 10:05 PM   #50
SGT USMC 0311

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
"Budweiser" F4 Track
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 1100S
HOODAKA ROAD TOAD (...DEAD JIM)
Kestrel Road
Titus Racer X

Member Garage

Quote:
Trooper, it is best to study history so it will not repeat itself. To employ resources such as forums like this and customer reviews to gain insights is not childish....but an intelligent thing to do prior to making a big purchase. A motorcycle is not a popsicle or an ice cream cone. It is a major purchase that is wrapped up in emotion that involves a relationship with the service department of a shop to maintain your gear, fun and safety.

Make your own decision by all means, I STILL shop there because I really like Juan in the parts dept. Juan is great and the facility is beautiful .....however, I would not buy a bike there or have my bike serviced there again.:ban ghead:

If you feel you can fly when other before you perished into the sea....by all means maybe you can fly, who the am I to say you can't.....I say jump..GET SOME!!!!

EXIMPORTS = CAVEAT EMPTOR
Old 06-22-2010, 08:32 AM   #51
BigComfy

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

X import tried to sell me a "race bike" (03 Honda 600rr with plastics) for 8k in 2006... they wouldn't budge on the price telling. thanks Ximports...
Old 06-22-2010, 08:38 AM   #52
trooper
Time to ride.

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
Whenever a salesmen tells you that having a bike broken in for you is worth 2 grand it makes it hard to take a dealership seriously.
True that's pretty ridiculous, but I would tend to look at that as a lack of skills on behalf of that salesman. He probably needed more training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
I see circles in this thread....
definately

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT USMC 0311 View Post
Trooper, it is best to study history so it will not repeat itself. To employ resources such as forums like this and customer reviews to gain insights is not childish....but an intelligent thing to do prior to making a big purchase. A motorcycle is not a popsicle or an ice cream cone. It is a major purchase that is wrapped up in emotion that involves a relationship with the service department of a shop to maintain your gear, fun and safety.

Make your own decision by all means, I STILL shop there because I really like Juan in the parts dept. Juan is great and the facility is beautiful .....however, I would not buy a bike there or have my bike serviced there again.:ban ghead:

If you feel you can fly when other before you perished into the sea....by all means maybe you can fly, who the am I to say you can't.....I say jump..GET SOME!!!!

EXIMPORTS = CAVEAT EMPTOR
I'm not shopping, just offering insight contrary to the norm. Agreed that research is important when making a major purchase, google is your friend, but I tend to take things online with a grain of salt. To each their own, the OP asked for opinions good & bad. Fortunately for me my experiences were good there.

CAVEAT EMPTOR, I would say that's true anywhere.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #53
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
To each their own, the OP asked for opinions good & bad. Fortunately for me my experiences were good there.

CAVEAT EMPTOR, I would say that's true anywhere.

true, the OP did ask for opinions, and bless you for your positive one! nobody is bashing you because you had a good experience and are telling about it. Lord knows, sounds like EI needs more happy customers like yourself, it has to start somewhere, maybe your number 1 and they are on their way to #2 and so on and so forth.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #54
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter