MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2006, 07:44 PM   #21
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
naw, good idea, bad execution.

Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
paris raid video chasee69 The Circus 7 01-10-2015 01:27 PM
friendswood drug raid with a motorcycle.. DanteLee Off Topic 29 09-18-2009 05:48 PM
air raid anthem twisthappy900 Off Topic 7 06-12-2009 04:17 PM
K-mart raid a few yrs back RACER X Off Topic 22 06-18-2008 12:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2006, 07:46 PM   #22
LowNSlowNeon

Member Garage

Po'po' couldn't catch me in no raid if I had this ride.

ody air bags 200x97 256
Old 06-28-2006, 07:49 PM   #23
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

werd, w/ run flats those spike strips are useless.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:04 PM   #24
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

I would have been like http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...ad581f365c.htm

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:05 PM   #25
LowNSlowNeon

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash

:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
Old 06-28-2006, 08:14 PM   #26
ericcarney
'Cause I'm a rider...

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'98 GSXR 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650i

I was at the Kmart raid and I never did get contacted by a lawyer. I wish I would have though, that raid was BS, the charge that we were arrested and taken to jail for was 'attempting to tresspass'. How the do you ATTEMPT to tresspass? After that, I got a ticket for attempting to speed, and attempting to run a red light.

http://www.myspace.com/ericcarney
ericcarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:57 AM   #27
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinman
Actually hmm maybe I should click in...Racer X do you know how corrupt HPD is? were talking about HPD here...our police ok! not LAPD NYPD...none...this police dept at that time was one of the worst in the country...it still is dealing with it (crime labs for an example) so dont tell me if you were at the raid they wouldnt have done anything...no to ENACT a raid you have to have a search warrant...police testified that it was an on the spot decision...so speak now
Anything to back these claims up? Just like any other dept in the nation HPD has had problem officers in the past and will have more in the future. As long as they continue to hire humans, it will be a fact of life.

The crime lab was not evidence of corruption, especially since it is manned by civilian workers and not officers. the city simply failed to invest its resources into the lab and did not pay the workers enough money. You can't expect the best when you are paying college graduates 35k per year to work in a lab that processes thousands of pieces of evidence per year. Since the Dept. of Justice took over the lab has regained their accreditation and is back in business with better facilities, new equipment and higher salaries.

The raid was simply ****ed up, no other way to put it. The raid was part of Operation Eracer, which was designed to eliminate the street racing along Westheimer that resulted in many accidents and citizen / business owner complaints. The nite before K-Mart at JCI was a "shakedown" run and the raid was attended by councilman Michael Berry.

The K-Mart raid was only for the arrest of drag racers, juvenile curfew violaters, etc. Not people standing around in a parking lot. Capt. Aguirre formerly of the South Central Patrol command was the highest ranking person on scene and was running the operation, was uber when no drag racers were found that nite. (he has since been fired from the dept) In order to save face, he ordered everyone arrested in the parking lot for criminal trespass. So the sergeants ordered all the officers on the scene to start making arrests and that is when the hit the fan. I'm not saying that everyone in that parking lot was innocent, becuase a lot of other cases were made on juveniles, minors in possession, and a few wreckless driving. But the majority of it was to blame on a hot headed Captain that totally disregarded the original plan and did what he wanted to do.

If K-mart would have occured in the heart of 5th ward or south park it wouldn't have even made the news. HPD pretty much shot themsleves in the foot on this one. Many officers knew the arrests and charges were total BS but were ordered to do so anyway. It was not the officers responsibility to call the shots on this deal, the sergeants should have stepped in and said something. Everybody wants to blame the officers for what happened, but all they did was just show up and waited for their orders on what to do next. The chief even said later that they should have not made arrests if they knew it was illegal. But the officers on scene were given direct orders from a Captain to start making arrests. So now all of a sudden the officers have to start making command decisions. Unfortunately, no one had the to stop things before it got outta hand.

Had that captain not gotten involved the most that would have happened would have been citations being issued, and maybe an arrest if someone was actually caught street racing.

Street racers and parking lot stunnaz rest easy that no more parking lot raids will be made by HPD in the near future.

Last edited by andre3k; 06-29-2006 at 10:09 AM.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:37 AM   #28
Drumboy

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R

Quote:
i bet, in the end, the only ones that made some $ are the atty's.
Yep, that's how class actions usually work. Don't expect some big payday, they are going to to settle and you'll probably see a couple grand.
Drumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:01 AM   #29
Slvr04
"Bird of Prey"

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 Busa

Member Garage

I made sooooooo much money the night of the raid on walmart, sucked for all that got arrested and their cars jacked but for us in the wrecker buisness at that time it was a great night.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:18 AM   #30
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvr04
I made sooooooo much money the night of the raid on walmart, sucked for all that got arrested and their cars jacked but for us in the wrecker buisness at that time it was a great night.
:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
Old 06-30-2006, 08:10 PM   #31
delinquent

Bike(s):
2007 Triumph Speed Triple

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to delinquent
somin is better than nothing
delinquent is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement