MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #41
SGT USMC 0311

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
"Budweiser" F4 Track
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 1100S
HOODAKA ROAD TOAD (...DEAD JIM)
Kestrel Road
Titus Racer X

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post

My hostage doesn't even know what a Coach bag is! You must have teh gheyz.
I learned what a Coach bag is when I saw my wife's bill. She works hard and it's her money so it's all good....but I still had sticker shock.

WTF is teh gheyz??????
Cushion Rear Seats for Passengers?!?!? darktoy02 General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 02-16-2011 05:57 PM
gear up your passengers! RACER X Gear Talk 14 09-02-2009 05:50 PM
DEAD PASSENGERS......FOR REAL FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 11-04-2005 11:16 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #42
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiber View Post

Nono, I like the ladies. I have a matching Coach wallet, too.

The As for the jacket, I bought the matching Ducati jacket and pants for 600 bucks. I got a good deal from my dealership. Although I also ordered a pair of SIDI boots... My dealer likes me.
There is NOTHING not ghey about everything you just said. I bet you get a really good deal with a happy ending... I haven't tried that route.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #43
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT USMC 0311 View Post
I learned what a Coach bag is when I saw my wife's bill. She works hard and it's her money so it's all good....but I still had sticker shock.

WTF is teh gheyz??????

Obviously not YOU!

its the gays - being gay - having a for same-sexies. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:18 PM   #44
Phiber

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
There is NOTHING not ghey about everything you just said. I bet you get a really good deal with a happy ending... I haven't tried that route.
I like the wimminz. Let me show you.
Phiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #45
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

And for the record - Coach is a CHEAP designer bag.

A few hundred for a bag is nothing... couple grand is high - thats true sticker shock.

Sorry for the thread-jack.

Buy your wife gear! Make it a gift!

Old 06-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #46
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiber View Post
I like the wimminz. Let me show you.
Your is not as big as mine, sorry

Old 06-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #47
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
you're too stupid to have a passenger. work on removing yourself from the gene pool first. then one of us with a brain will give her the right ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
Are and idiot?1245366795

To the OP

true, true, true. sounds like u and ur wife have some other issues u need to work out. over 100+ mph??? , i'd f#cking punch you if u pulled that with me on the back.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #48
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I have about 15k plus of backroad experience w passengers of all sizes, from peeps my size on the 250 to 80lbs on a busa.

Good advise(some of it lol) above.

Remember you are the one in control of the ride. First thing I tell a new passenger is "I dont care if you enjoy the ride or think its boring, its your choice to come ride w me today. If and when we get comfortable riding together we'll ride faster etc." That takes work on both parts.

The general stuff about keeping her hands on the tank while braking, squeezing her knees when accerating and elbows into my sizes when braking in corners(hands on tank) not only takes weight off your back and hands but also makes the passenger be aware of the ride and not daze off. It keeps their mind going and it becomes more of an 'us' ride instead of 'i ride w him.' They will feel the accomplishment even if they are doing little more then trying to save their annoyance on the back.

Starting slow w each passenger allows them to see how you ride and what you're willing to put up with. If the first ride is 'hold on or get dropped off' they will need to feel like they need to hold on for dear life which puts all of their riding weight on your person.

Its a fine balance but when a couple is comfortable riding together speed, cornering and long distance can come out of it. We use to chase people down on 3090 after letting them leave before us My exgf use to turn around on the busa to take pics while I held her leg w my left hand in the corners

The only passengers I had were friends' gf/wfs that rode w us or friends of mine I trusted and knew were responsible. Lilred had been on multiple rides w us and she's a great passenger once SHE adjusts to the rider. Again, that's their part.

I've been on the back of a bike. Its nerve wracking! You think its chill on a sportbike...fk no. A passenger wo confidence will be trouble.

As w solo riding, speed, cornering etc etc comes best w fluidity and smoothness. 2 up is no exemption to that rule.

Just my 2 cents if it helps.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #49
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Quote:
For the mother win.

Buy your wife gear. Don't give her a choice. And to with the Coach bags. Jeez. What's wrong with women? I have a $5 purse and a $400 Teknic jacket!
squoddy dear beatiful sexy rider, you are one of the few exceptions to the rule, my wife is another, her favorite store is academy, mostly the fishing section. as for the OP I'm not hating on him, however some of us find it irresposible to go real fast with a passenger, and you already know well that my wife would bust my if I tried that BS with her. I do think its whining about fingerprints on the paint and thats putting it nicely, if my rear seat rider scares me then I find a way to beg off gracefully or just plain say no. I see alot of things the OP is using as excuses and my opinion is that the OP either needs to teach his SO to ride with him and be responsible or just find a way to just say no so that he can go out and do his thing, kinda like masturbation, with himself ya know "private time". just seems like he's looking for absolution or comiseration and I will give him neither as I don't believe in the former and don't experience what he is so cannot do the latter

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #50
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.haterz View Post
no fat chicks!!!!

they fuct my suspension up
bike will scrape!!!
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #51
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

i only take my girl out if we are going lest then 55 mph (cruising) other then that....just like everyone said.....its not fun! unless she know how to ride and knows what's she's doing, then thats a different story! you wouldnt even know that shes in the back. it took over a month for my girl to learn how to lean with me and learn how to make me a safer rider.
if you are taking her out... then tell her what to do till she learns.... it sounds like she is new at riding in the back,
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:48 PM   #52
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie_Joe View Post
I almost forgot about the crushing of the nuts.

The thing is I've been over all this with her and i always come back home miserable. I didn't buy this bike cause I enjoy going the speed limit and if she is going to come with me then she just has to accept that it may happen.
(condensed..cause i havent learned multiquote yet)

1. YOU are responsible for your passengers safety.

this means schooling them on what is to be expected from carrying them, as well, what they are too expect. if neither agrees, then dont carry. PERIOD

2. passengers who put thier hands on the tank while braking is perfectly acceptable. Sorry if you are OCD about finger prints. Get over it, actually get your wife some gloves and gear. ever have a passenger hold onto you while braking? crushing nuts is only a portion of what can go wrong. the tank is a perfect place for hands to go.

3. This isnt some bimbo your trying to get a thrill ride out of. This is your wife. treat her with some respect, she wants to share something with you. not experience it exactly the same law breaking way you do.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:00 AM   #53
Alstare_Gixxer
Crash Meister

Quote:
Your is not as big as mine, sorry
You don't have one
Alstare_Gixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:04 AM   #54
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alstare_Gixxer View Post
You don't have one
yea but I'd be willing to bet her are bigger than yours

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:43 AM   #55
Alstare_Gixxer
Crash Meister

Lemme check....may be...?
Alstare_Gixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:12 AM   #56
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
I
As w solo riding, speed, cornering etc etc comes best w fluidity and smoothness. 2 up is no exemption to that rule.

Just my 2 cents if it helps.
it helped me !

and Floyd600... it's too small buddy! Thats what she said! i mean ur cartoon. im intrigued, but it's too tiny to read
Old 06-20-2010, 02:08 AM   #57
JonEric0430
the slow and the retarded

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to JonEric0430
When my wife used to ride my bike I liked when she rested her hands on the tank bc it took pressure off of me. When braking all the pressure was on the tank instead of my back pushing my nuts in to the tank.
JonEric0430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:07 AM   #58
skelator
Just US Racing

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
GT Performer

riding two up takes practice and skill. In my younger days ok dumber days i'm only 28, she learned quick, we worked on things until we found what worked. she not strong enough to hold on wide open throttle,the legs help alot. we used to do some really dumb . 120 mph and up, i would feel her sliding of the back so i would reach back with my clutch hand,crab her and pull her back up to me while powershifting(no hand on clutch@140) cause we din't want that rich a-hole to beat us in his 75,000 car.

Then one day i didn't make a corner, ICU for both of us lost our new house-credit,almost our lives, everything so use your head. Can you imagine trying to explain to your kid or kids why momy is dead. i almost did ,Not cool!

we healed up and She thats rite she bought me another rocket, Know she has a ring on her finger and a triple digit max speed !
Old 06-20-2010, 05:13 AM   #59
yamaR6281
i ride really slow

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEric0430 View Post
When my wife used to ride my bike I liked when she rested her hands on the tank bc it took pressure off of me. When braking all the pressure was on the tank instead of my back pushing my nuts in to the tank.
this is what I tell all the female riders. Make it comfortable for both of us and I'll have full control.
yamaR6281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:24 AM   #60
Mr.D

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelator View Post
riding two up takes practice and skill. In my younger days ok dumber days i'm only 28, she learned quick, we worked on things until we found what worked. she not strong enough to hold on wide open throttle,the legs help alot. we used to do some really dumb . 120 mph and up, i would feel her sliding of the back so i would reach back with my clutch hand,crab her and pull her back up to me while powershifting(no hand on clutch@140) cause we din't want that rich a-hole to beat us in his 75,000 car.

Then one day i didn't make a corner, ICU for both of us lost our new house-credit,almost our lives, everything so use your head. Can you imagine trying to explain to your kid or kids why momy is dead. i almost did ,Not cool!

we healed up and She thats rite she bought me another rocket, Know she has a ring on her finger and a triple digit max speed !

man. We should all learn from this guy. Dude lost his house! I thought I was bad after a week in the hospital.

Advertisement