MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #41
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Sorry to hear , praying there will be a cure.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Strawberry fields forever... cedestech The Circus 5 07-02-2011 11:30 PM
Forever Lazy Scorpio Off Topic 10 01-27-2011 08:23 AM
Taking forever to get this bike... Shinobi Off Topic 15 04-29-2009 09:04 AM
The day the world will forever change!!!! LunchBox Taking it to the Track 16 04-14-2009 09:51 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #42
BPJ28
BPJ28

Bike(s):
none

I know that i have never spoken to u, but i just wanted to leave u with these words. All things that the Lord Jesus does is for a good reason even when we no not why. May the Lord Jesus be with u and ur family always. Don't worry u will be fine. Take care.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #43
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

back up and stop.
I have protien C deficiency. I take thinners also, every day. preventing clotting is a huge issue. I still get them, it pretty much ruined my MMA career. but I still ride, still do 5-6 track days a year. I still teach MMA and get bruised up and blood. I take coumadin and have the same ptt tests you take. if you want out, get out but you can still ride your off just be more carefull. I have yet to go down on the track, but I know if I do it's gonna be a . it may take me longer to go as fast as some other guys, but I have no problem riding smoother and faster than a lot of guys at the track. don't give up what you love for something so cheesy, a fall in the garage could result in a clot to the brain too. I'm 41. good luck.

ignore bp, jesus doesn't give you blood clots for a reason. that's just asinine.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #44
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

proof.

846766295 uRUxk XL

PM's open temporarily.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #45
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
back up and stop.
I have protien C deficiency. I take thinners also, every day. preventing clotting is a huge issue. I still get them, it pretty much ruined my MMA career. but I still ride, still do 5-6 track days a year. I still teach MMA and get bruised up and blood. I take coumadin and have the same ptt tests you take. if you want out, get out but you can still ride your off just be more carefull. I have yet to go down on the track, but I know if I do it's gonna be a . it may take me longer to go as fast as some other guys, but I have no problem riding smoother and faster than a lot of guys at the track. don't give up what you love for something so cheesy, a fall in the garage could result in a clot to the brain too. I'm 41. good luck.

ignore bp, jesus doesn't give you blood clots for a reason. that's just asinine.
i agree, ride if you want to, just be smarter about it and wear ALL the gear ALL the time. If you do continue to ride it would be a smart idea to invest in a medical bracelet alerting medics to the fact your on thinners. good luck to you.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:22 PM   #46
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

listen to what he just said ^.
every track day I go to, the woman behind the desk knows my medical history. she also knows what kind of beer I like, and that I can't always remember the code to their gate, (brena) but make sure those round you know. my girlfriend used to buy the medics lunch every day and point out who I was in case jumped off and I wear the best gear I can afford. the medic alert tag is a good idea, if you ride the streets make sure the guy who rides sweep knows how much coumadin you take and make sure he's the kind of guy who knows EVERY mile marker in case they need to drop a chopper.

PM's open temporarily.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #47
ducoop

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2003 Z1000 (Sold)

Sifu, thanks for the advice. I had sold the bike a couple months ago to pay off some other debts so I would have to talk the wife into letting me buy another bike anyway. I may reevaluate my situation in a few years but I need to get the wife a little more understanding of what all this really means. I already have the order in for my medic alert bracelet because my old one has incorrect info on it now. I also have info in my wallet on my Rx

Ronin and davekg, that was a great ride. That was the last time I rode hard before I sold the bike. Ill remember that ride for a long time to come. However it doesn't hold a candle to my rides in deals gap.

You guys will see me around at a few of the gatherings. I may even sweep some of the bigger group rides in the truck.

Last edited by ducoop; 06-18-2010 at 09:19 PM.
ducoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:21 PM   #48
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

ducoop, i think ur doing the right thing.

i have zero health problems, but it worries my g/f every time i get on the bike. And even though u can't ride scared, worrying about what "might happen" , i've heard it enough .... If you ride long enough, SOMETHING bad is gonna happen. for ur wife/ family's peace of mind, it think take it cautious is the right move.

And sifu makes a good pt, any freak accident could cause u serious damage just like a ride on a motorcycle, just that riding bumps the likelyhood of danger 1000% :(

ill agree with what some ppl have said... u should lookat this like a long term reward...have kids, raise them, grow old, and where u are 55 + , start riding again! u've done ur job as a family man, then u can get out there and ride like a madman for another 30 years !
Old 06-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #49
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Wow man, that really sucks. I am sorry to hear this.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #50
ducoop

Bike(s):
2003 Z1000 (Sold)

The way I see it there are worse things in life. I may not be on the bike any more but I will still find ways to have a good time.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:18 PM   #51
setfast

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 ZX6R

just saw this!
do what you need to, i enjoyed riding with ya. hot and cold. get a lotus elise come and ride! or not.
see you around,
if you ever wana get on a bike and ride around drop me a PM
p
setfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #52
ducoop

Bike(s):
2003 Z1000 (Sold)

Don't put the sports car past me. I might be tempted to show some of the slower guys how its done.

Advertisement