MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #21
1340HIGH
1340HIGH

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley FXDC
420 Honda Rancher ATV

I agree with file the police report. ASAP
If the kid gets in trouble for his actions it will make him a better person.

I guess it is collision , SA knows best,

A co-worker had his truck broken into nothing stolen but they punched a holed in the passenger side door near the lock to open it.
His insruance advised that damage was under comprehensive.
1340HIGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kid builds his first bike, anatram General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 09-22-2015 03:41 PM
Pocket Bike Kid BoRyder General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 05-31-2013 11:33 AM
Funny kid on a dirt bike VDM General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 02-16-2011 06:48 PM
The Dirt Bike Kid txferrari Off Topic 19 06-09-2008 09:32 AM
kid falls off bike fuknrobert Off Topic 3 01-07-2006 08:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2010, 08:48 PM   #22
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevans24 View Post
While I was in the pool, the life guard kicked out a 12yr old for horseplaying. On the kids way out he kicked my bike over and broke the brake levers and effed up the mirrors and fairings.
I filled a claim with my insurance SF and they were trying to tell me that it falls under collision. Well after enough talking to them they say I have to tow it to a repair shop to get a quote. Does anybody know what shop I should take it to and how much it would run me?
Thanks for the help.
find the kid and sue his parents in small claims court.
you obviously go there, he obviously goes there, must live close, he will be back.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #23
mizpah
vé con dios

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 Kaw ZR750S

Quote:
While I was in the pool, the life guard kicked out a 12yr old for horseplaying. On the kids way out he kicked my bike over and broke the brake levers and effed up the mirrors and fairings.
I filled a claim with my insurance SF and they were trying to tell me that it falls under collision. Well after enough talking to them they say I have to tow it to a repair shop to get a quote. Does anybody know what shop I should take it to and how much it would run me?
Thanks for the help.
Take kid immediately to his parents and demand they fix the damages. If not then kick some !!!
mizpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #24
ZoomByU
The whistles go Wooo

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
Pink red ryder tricycle

Fix it yourself, no need to have a shop do it. Levers and mirrors should not take long at all even for the mechanically inclined.
"There are no men more ignoble or more foolish, no men whose actions are fraught with greater possibility of mischief to their country and to mankind, than those who exalt unrighteous peace as better than righteous war." - Theodore Roosevelt
"I will bleed on the flag to keep the stripes red!"
ZoomByU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #25
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold

Get a 12 y/o to whoop his ? Im 26 and I'll whoop his for you. My brother had a little head throw a rock and bust his windshield one day while he was driving down the road. He chased him down in his truck, like the wild dogs they were, and almost whipped theirs and their parents . Im for you. Gets me fired up. The red is comin out of me
gsxr_firerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #26
jrfitzny
Derriere Extraordinaire

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1948 Harley Flathead w/ sidecar
2008 Buell 1125R
2004 CRF Fiddy

Send a message via Skype™ to jrfitzny
I thought kids liked bikes
Can you prove this kid pushed it over?
jrfitzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #27
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

same as most ppl, its little f$$kers like that , that make it worth the assault / battery charges u would get for beating a kids . a 12 year old know the difference between right and wrong. he should take the punishment coming his way.

if not...rest assured someone in high school will beat his to oblivion
Old 06-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #28
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

He proly tough you had a cage
Old 06-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #29
mevans24
RIP S. Rios.

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
04' R6

Lmao. Outta there. Soon as I lay eyes on the kid I'm callin the laws. I have a witness and pool management said the kid left a note that he wrote apologizing. I'm sure he'll be back.
mevans24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:02 PM   #30
R1_guy

Good luck trying to file a police report. I went to see a friend of mine once and her jealous ex boyfriend was leaving as I arrived. Later the neighbor said he saw him push my bike over. Police were called because he was harrasing her. I told the officer about him pushing my bike over and wanting to press charges. He called the DA and told me the DA would not accept the charges. Fcking bullshit in my opinion. Your best bet is small claims but even that may cost more than it's worth.
R1_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:13 AM   #31
Ogre
Ancient one

Bike(s):
Blackbird

Quote:
Lmao. Outta there. Soon as I lay eyes on the kid I'm callin the laws. I have a witness and pool management said the kid left a note that he wrote apologizing. I'm sure he'll be back.
Get the note. File a police report and have the pool management interviewed or get them to write down what they observed in an affidavit and sign it. Parents are responsible for damage caused by their kids.

In the meantime, go back to your insurance company. Vandalism falls under comprehensive, not collision. Get them to pay to fix the bike and let them chase the little 's parents down to get reimbursed (that's why you have insurance). When the insurance company gets the money from mom and pop, they will then have to reimburse your deductible. Make the insurance company chase down the money from the parents and let the parents deal with the criminal vandalism complaint against the kid. You should have nothing more at stake than your comprehensive deductible.

"The only thing in life that can't be taken away from you is your integrity. You have to give it away"
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:18 AM   #32
mevans24
RIP S. Rios.

Bike(s):
04' R6

Ogre A+ my friend
Old 06-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #33
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

The dumb un-asked question is why did he kick your bike over? What is the rest of the story we aren't hearing?

Just curious as to why he felt the need to abuse your stuff...
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:43 AM   #34
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
Get the note. File a police report and have the pool management interviewed or get them to write down what they observed in an affidavit and sign it. Parents are responsible for damage caused by their kids.

In the meantime, go back to your insurance company. Vandalism falls under comprehensive, not collision. Get them to pay to fix the bike and let them chase the little 's parents down to get reimbursed (that's why you have insurance). When the insurance company gets the money from mom and pop, they will then have to reimburse your deductible. Make the insurance company chase down the money from the parents and let the parents deal with the criminal vandalism complaint against the kid. You should have nothing more at stake than your comprehensive deductible.
Great response! but you forgot to add when its all said and done, change your insurance company. Sounds like they are either not informed AND / OR they were trying to on you too instead of helping you when you needed their help and proper guidance/ handling with the situation.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #35
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

we all needd and by law have to have it, but insurance sux ballz....
Old 06-15-2010, 08:16 AM   #36
mevans24
RIP S. Rios.

Bike(s):
04' R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
The dumb un-asked question is why did he kick your bike over? What is the rest of the story we aren't hearing?

Just curious as to why he felt the need to abuse your stuff...
It was in my original post, but I'll catch you up...
Basically, the kid was horse playing around the pool and was warned multiple times to stop. He didn't so he got kicked out. As the lifeguard walked him out, he witnessed the kid kicking over my bike and kicking it then he took off running.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:21 AM   #37
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

but again, why pick on your bike... ?
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:44 AM   #38
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

I have an Osama bin Ladin swing you can borrow man. Let the kid try it out.
Sorry bro. Also If your insurance gets involved they might up your premium. If the damages are less than 500 don't use insurance. unless you don't mind paying more./ hopefully they want up it.

You can pay a crackhead to take a dump on is porch. those guys will do anything for money. And no one will ever connect you to the cracky.

I say drive by with a paintball gun and judge the boy.

"RELEASE THE CRACKEN"
Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:00 AM   #39
mevans24
RIP S. Rios.

Bike(s):
04' R6

I still haven't the slightest clue as to whytf he took it out on my bike... the fact that I rode it somewhere and had to hual it off on the back of a truck burns... its time I get over it but each day I talk to my insurance the more I become

Coast, lmao. That gave me a great laugh at work. A crackhead is definitely in order.
As far as insurance goes, I've never had a claim for the 5yrs I've had satefarm. I pay a great chunk of ard earned change to the every month. why not use them? You would think they'd be a lil more warm about this seeing as I have a great history with them..
Old 06-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #40
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

Quote:
I still haven't the slightest clue as to whytf he took it out on my bike... the fact that I rode it somewhere and had to hual it off on the back of a truck burns... its time I get over it but each day I talk to my insurance the more I become

Coast, lmao. That gave me a great laugh at work. A crackhead is definitely in order.
As far as insurance goes, I've never had a claim for the 5yrs I've had satefarm. I pay a great chunk of ard earned change to the every month. why not use them? You would think they'd be a lil more warm about this seeing as I have a great history with them..
Dude insurance is for the illusion of a garuante. I heard of some people paying as much as 3k a year. You could just buy a bike for that much.

Comprehensive and liability are good enough for me. Im not planing on wreckn it any time soon.

Thats why I don't pay over 7k for any bike I buy.

Its just like buying warranty with a used car that has over 50K miles.

anyhow good luck man. Many of us have been in your shoes.

I have made it a point in life not to take anything personal when it comes to motorcycles. if not I would definitly be makin more trips to the gun store.
Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement