MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #81
SeaBasss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
01 CBR929RR
97 Suzuki RM250

RIP
Prayers sent to family.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SUNDAY AFTERNOON RIDE Pack Splitter Events, Meets and Rides 16 01-29-2012 10:41 PM
Sunday afternoon...6/6 Herf Events, Meets and Rides 5 06-07-2009 05:55 PM
SUNDAY AFTERNOON RIDE Hooligan Events, Meets and Rides 2 05-04-2008 10:45 AM
Sunday Afternoon Ride NorthHoustonGSXR Events, Meets and Rides 2 07-08-2007 08:53 AM
My friend passed away huyzel General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 08-05-2006 12:19 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2010, 11:23 PM   #82
vdub

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
'99 VTR Superbanana
'75 CB550
'01 200 EXC

So sorry for your loss man. Like most riders I've lost someone in a similar situation to what you had to go through. I saw my friend die on the side of the road with two collapsed lungs and multiple broken bones. He was 60 years old and didn't ride stupid, just a freak occurrence. Taking a break from riding is actually a really good idea, it'll give you time to sort out your thoughts on what happened. Your love for riding may or may not get you back on two wheels.

It's important to know that freak happens all the time, you could die doing the most mundane things and that there was nothing you could have done to change the outcome. We all have to accept the risk of riding on two wheels, there's just no way around it. It's good to remind yourself that your bud was doing what he loved, and that's a good way to go out.
vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #83
jcsanchez68

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
DUCATI
DUCATI
BMW
Triumph
Aprilia

Wow I feel for you and his family, RIP, be strong and strog, just remember the good time with your friend, there is nothing we can say or do to help you recover from this.
jcsanchez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:18 PM   #84
ivancuriel
Sancho Pedotes

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6 Raven.
2012 Yamaha R1 Moto GP Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsanchez68 View Post
Wow I feel for you and his family, RIP, be strong and strog, just remember the good time with your friend, there is nothing we can say or do to help you recover from this.
Thanks everyone for the support. Its been over a week since my friend had his accident and I already went through the funeral. All I can do now is remember the good times I had with my friend and keep them with me and move forward. We were both new to riding (less than a year) but we are pretty good riders and we learned fast. We used to have competitions in empty warehouse parking lots to see who could touch knee down first. We both practiced for weeks and we were so close lol. What really brings me down now is whenever I would learn something new about riding/motorcycles I would be excited to tell him. I can't do that anymore.
ivancuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #85
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivancuriel View Post
Thanks everyone for the support. Its been over a week since my friend had his accident and I already went through the funeral. All I can do now is remember the good times I had with my friend and keep them with me and move forward. We were both new to riding (less than a year) but we are pretty good riders and we learned fast. We used to have competitions in empty warehouse parking lots to see who could touch knee down first. We both practiced for weeks and we were so close lol. What really brings me down now is whenever I would learn something new about riding/motorcycles I would be excited to tell him. I can't do that anymore.
I am sorry for your loss
Old 06-22-2010, 08:25 PM   #86
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivancuriel View Post
What really brings me down now is whenever I would learn something new about riding/motorcycles I would be excited to tell him. I can't do that anymore.
Hang in there dude. Overcoming a loss of a close friend/family takes time to heal. Keep the memories close and allow them to continue living through you.

Advertisement