Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
Coast Rider
Arron Smith
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

OK here is my review for the tire. Let me say my preference. for the price.

If I have oodles of money or I want to go to the track my first pick is

1. Pirelli Corsa III for track only because the street will wast all that good spent money.

2. BTO16 last a little longer than corsa III not as good but its not far away either. You can get this for the street or track.

OK here it is

PILOT RD 2: One thick azz tire. 5236 miles before I changed it. Went to dallas on it and back to houston showed almost no wear. This tire does take longer to heat up but I can scrap in the corners. I ride 500LB ZX14 and I do pleanty of top ends speeds for prolonged amount of time.

I ride 5 days a week from katy to galveston and back.

This is the best commuting tire by far. I know we always here that this so and so tire is hard in the middle soft on the side yada yada.

but this tire es extremely hard in the middle and and mildly soft on the sides.
When you look at this tire its grooves ar like 2 to 3 times deeper than a BTO.

I don't know how they did it but if you have a heavy bike like a zx14 or busa you will aprreciate spending about $120 for front and $160 for rear.

I have not drag raced this tire and I probably wouldnt if I was serious about drag racing. But for those of you that don't go to the track and do mostly street riding.

IF YOU GOT MONEY TO SPEND ON TIRES by the CORSA 3 or BTO16 if you want your money to last you Buy a pilot road and you will be suprised that im sure they will last and perform twice as long as the other tires.

Make no mistake they are not Corsa 3 and don't perform as easy. however make sure to take your time and heat the tires up then lean on that bad boy and you will be thrilled.

By the way I have 3 bikes been riding for 13 years and I ride over 30k+ miles a year on bikes. I have a set of corsa 3 that I havn't touched in the garage. because I don't want to waste them yet.

Im buying about 4 sets of Pilot rds 2 soon.

Thats my word and im stickin to it.

Last edited by Coast Rider; 06-14-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
your thoughts on pilot Roads MudBug General Discussion (Moto Related) 58 01-05-2010 12:11 PM
pilot power vs pilot power 2ct setup Chubby Racer Taking it to the Track 18 07-01-2009 10:59 AM
Help Understanding the Pilot Roads "2CT" AhmadHasib General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 03-20-2008 04:26 PM
Michelin Pilot Power OR Pilot Power 2ct AggieCBR Performance and Modifications 31 05-04-2007 10:01 PM
Old 06-14-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
what R you lookin' at?
Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

yup, plan to get those for the busa when i need new tires.
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
Official MH tag inspector
Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Try the BT021 and the Dunlop Roadsmarts for similar performance at less cost... my Dunlops are wearing well and stick just fine when leaned over.
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
The Trickster
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

06 gsxr 600
300zx twinturbo
BMW 545i M sport

i have a BT-021 rear and BT016 front on my gsxr600 great for track and street. ive had one track day on them and loved them.

they are dual compound in the rear so center is hard and the sides are softer. prob have 3k on the rear tire now and no sign of wear and i mean non!!!. the fronts have 2k or so and also no wear. great set up and very sticky in the twisties!!!

i run 36psi front and 38 rear psi on the street ( most of the time 36 front and rear)
27 psi front and 29 psi rear at the track! i could prob go a bit lower to get it more sticky thinking 26 ,27
The one and only .

Last edited by Jerzey; 06-14-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Jerzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #5
The Chosen One
Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

love the PR2's. things outlasted themselves. the rubber hardened up and started to lose traction even after i put roughly 9k miles on the rear and 12k on the front, and i still wasnt down to the wear markers. it was money well spent.
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:42 AM   #6
Coast Rider
Arron Smith
Feedback Rating: (1)

PR2 its the truth. keep it alive man
Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote