MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related) > Stolen Bike Reports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #141
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

The police report listed 3 or 4 different owners by first and last name. Hopefully he is innocent but that looks really really bad. I never read his explanation but I don't understand how you allow yourself to be put in a position that you are in possession of at least 3 stolen vehicles. In my opinion if he is innocent then he obviously trusted someone too much and was taken advantage of. Unfortunately, sometimes that's all it takes to get onto the wrong side of the law.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EX Motorcycle Thief and chop-shop operator answering questions. da1hobo General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 05-04-2012 04:00 PM
Chop Shop Busted C.Hern5972 Off Topic 4 10-02-2008 09:49 AM
chop shop pleaseeeeee quicksaveme Off Topic 9 06-05-2007 08:26 PM
chop shop pleaseeeeee quicksaveme Off Topic 1 06-05-2007 08:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2010, 09:28 PM   #142
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
The police report listed 3 or 4 different owners by first and last name. Hopefully he is innocent but that looks really really bad. I never read his explanation but I don't understand how you allow yourself to be put in a position that you are in possession of at least 3 stolen vehicles. In my opinion if he is innocent then he obviously trusted someone too much and was taken advantage of. Unfortunately, sometimes that's all it takes to get onto the wrong side of the law.

That is 2 different things there.

If two friends leave their bikes in my garage, police would find 3 bikes with 3 different names.

If 3 bikes are reported stolen, then found in my garage, THEN they have found stolen bikes in my possession.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #143
Mr. Evo IX

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 GSXR1000
04 KTM SX50

Ok, so if the stolen bike was droppped off for work to be done how come they didn't question / arrest the person who dropped it off?
Mr. Evo IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #144
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX View Post
Ok, so if the stolen bike was droppped off for work to be done how come they didn't question / arrest the person who dropped it off?
Do we/you know that haven't... all we can do is speculate until it goes to court and details are released.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #145
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Can you please quote source?
Old 06-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #146
Mr. Evo IX

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 GSXR1000
04 KTM SX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Do we/you know that haven't... all we can do is speculate until it goes to court and details are released.
No, we don't know but what I do know is that an arrest was made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Source? I asked a question, I guess I'm the source of the question. From reading this thread I've gathered that the accused does work on motorcycles and a vehicle he had in his possession was a stolen vehicle with a tracking system.

My thought is that if police show up at the Yamaha dealer because a lojack led them there they generally don't arrest the owner of Yamaha, they ask who brought the bike in, description of the person, phone number, name, address, etc.

Now, I can see a smaller shop not taking that info down when a vehicle is dropped off because I've had work done to my vehicles where I just left my name and number, and maybe he semi knew the guy who dropped it off and took nothing down (sucks to be him). Or maybe the cops came gun's blazing and did no detective work, wouldn't suprise me, they are not high on my list of respected gangs right now anyhow - especially when it comes to stolen vehicles.

I guess I'm just wondering what happened, sorry I didn't see the explanation before it was removed, can someone who saw it post the cliffs maybe?

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; 06-15-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Mr. Evo IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #147
GsxrRcr369

Bike(s):
2014 CRF 50 (#1)
2014 CRF 50 (#2)
Schwinn XS Pro Modified 2

Quote:
There is no answer to his question as we will not know till after this goes to court. There was a source that shed a little light on his question but it was removed due to pending court case. Im sure after it is all said and done the thread started by the "defendent" that had to be removed will come back with a better explination.
GsxrRcr369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #148
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR785 View Post
I hope that he is not guilty because I'd really like to believe that some on this board would have enough honor to not steal from another member. I recently had a bike stolen from me.
are you serious? Wake up man, a membership to this forum doesnt automatically make you an honest guy, There are those that join these forums, go to the meets, look at the bikes and follow them and . don't think it doesnt happen, its not the MH, its the society we live in and the turds that live amongst us.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #149
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrRcr369 View Post
There is no answer to his question as we will not know till after this goes to court. There was a source that shed a little light on his question but it was removed due to pending court case. Im sure after it is all said and done the thread started by the "defendent" that had to be removed will come back with a better explination.
I doubt it, unless they let you use forums in jail now
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #150
GsxrRcr369

Bike(s):
2014 CRF 50 (#1)
2014 CRF 50 (#2)
Schwinn XS Pro Modified 2

touche.....guess i was ASSuming if all turned out well for him
GsxrRcr369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #151
DMack
Just getting by

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Yamaha haha

if these bikes where at Motorcycles Unlimited I doubt that Patrick would have been arrested so why was this guy. Motorcycles Unlimited would have called the guy and have them come up to look at something on the bike with the cops there to ? Them. Now having experience in this stuff if it is his first time he will get probation and walk. And no I am not a thief but have had it happen to me. Working on bikes at home can be a touchy thing so I always call dps to run the vin for theft on bikes I work on are buy. They will do it for free and it just takes a few minutes.
DMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #152
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMack View Post
if these bikes where at Motorcycles Unlimited I doubt that Patrick would have been arrested so why was this guy. Motorcycles Unlimited would have called the guy and have them come up to look at something on the bike with the cops there to ? Them. Now having experience in this stuff if it is his first time he will get probation and walk. And no I am not a thief but have had it happen to me. Working on bikes at home can be a touchy thing so I always call dps to run the vin for theft on bikes I work on are buy. They will do it for free and it just takes a few minutes.

I guess you must not work on many bikes.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #153
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Im sure if someone came to my house they would think I have a chop shop too. Years of riding the same bike and tons of extra parts that I have accumulated from many members of this board. I have a cruiser and as of a week ago a 2004 zx6r. I have had people ride by and see me working on my bike they stop and ask if I could take a look at a problem they might have as well. I read the guys explanation before it was deleted and honestly its something that could happen to me as well. I never ran vin numbers for peoples bikes im working on and im pretty sure NONE of you do either. The reason why shop owners do not get arrested is because they are a shop and not a individual working out of his garage. Do you guys think if you took a stolen car to discount tire they would run the vin? NO they just wanna do the work and make the money. The guy is a racer and im sure that if you looked at his garage it would look just like mine. Besides if it was a big chop shop don't you think criminals would be smart enough to see if the bike they just stole had low jack? I remember when I was dating Joy she won lowjack from a raffle and the shop that installed it just stuck it next to the battery and it wasnt to hard to miss. Seems like everyone on here now just likes to bash everyone.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #154
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
That the 2nd gheyest thing I have read all day. Im gonna either call BS on your working on bikes or the fact that you call on them.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #155
DMack
Just getting by

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Yamaha haha

Yep pretty gay.I guess but you won't see me with stolen property. Dps will do this for you and if it is stolen they will come and investigate it. As with every post from some one giving people a way to check out bikes that might not be legal it gets bashed.
DMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #156
didimao0072000

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

didn't have a chance to read the explaination but why would a thief bring a hot bike to a mechanic to work on it?
didimao0072000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #157
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Source? I asked a question, I guess I'm the source of the question. From reading this thread I've gathered that the accused does work on motorcycles and a vehicle he had in his possession was a stolen vehicle with a tracking system.
You asked "How come they didn't question or arrest the person who dropped it off?" By asking this, you are STATING that they DID NOT question or arrest the guy who dropped it off. And you're ASKING, "Why didnt they?"

I was asking where you read that the person who dropped the stolen bike off was not questioned or arrested. How do you know that? Not who asked the question.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #158
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by didimao0072000 View Post
didn't have a chance to read the explaination but why would a thief bring a hot bike to a mechanic to work on it?
Especially to get an exhaust system put on multiple stolen bikes? I call BS.
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #159
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Why would you drop off a bike to get a exhaust done that takes maybe a hour? MAYBE? Ok 2 hours...lol OK 3 cause they were doing a full system on the stolen bike..so they could get the extra horse power running from the cops...
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:31 PM   #160
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
this is why shops do "work orders". keeps a documented paper trail to cover their . nobody working on a buddys bike in their garage is going to do a work order, nor will they call DPS. thats just ridiculous.

Advertisement