MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related) > Stolen Bike Reports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #121
philly fresh
im infamous *****es!!

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07' R6

Send a message via AIM to philly fresh
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfitzny View Post
So who is the anonymous person who brought this all to light?
anonymous
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EX Motorcycle Thief and chop-shop operator answering questions. da1hobo General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 05-04-2012 04:00 PM
Chop Shop Busted C.Hern5972 Off Topic 4 10-02-2008 09:49 AM
chop shop pleaseeeeee quicksaveme Off Topic 9 06-05-2007 08:26 PM
chop shop pleaseeeeee quicksaveme Off Topic 1 06-05-2007 08:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2010, 12:27 PM   #122
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
Funny how I added Final Gear to my myspace had pics of my bike then it was stolen....Hmmmm If the cops busted him Im sure they had a good reason..It wasnt one bike it was multiple bikes...come on get a grip peeps..fk thiefs!
Sounds like the cops only ended up at his house after following lojack.
I have parts all over my garage. I have had multiple bike in there as well. I helped a member a week or so ago with his bike. I didnt know him for . That bike could have hot for all I know.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #123
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Sounds like the cops only ended up at his house after following lojack.
I have parts all over my garage. I have had multiple bike in there as well. I helped a member a week or so ago with his bike. I didnt know him for . That bike could have hot for all I know.
sounds like cops finding drugs in your car, and nobody in the car fesses up, who's gonna take the fall

better know who's bike your working on and whether they're legit.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #124
Conroe_gsxrboy

Bike(s):
97' gsxr 600
01' gsxr 600
04' gsxr 1000
01 ttr 90
07' gsxr 1000

Sux sux. We all should obviously know that there are peeps on here who delt with stolen bikes. No Secret. Jus usually whoever has not had there bike stolen yet, always has a mouthful to say. Its the ones who has had one gone who try to get the word out. See no , speak no i geuss. Iv watched many threads and vids of bikes bein taken. Sux but it happens. Threads are funny. Everyone wanna talk sh*^. But get us all in a group, got a bunch of silent bettys. My only advice, Dont Park In Apartments. Jus about all bikes ive seen have jus been left out. Jus like an ATV or Dirtbike. Ud never leave it out.
Conroe_gsxrboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:25 PM   #125
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conroe_gsxrboy View Post
Sux sux. We all should obviously know that there are peeps on here who delt with stolen bikes. No Secret. Jus usually whoever has not had there bike stolen yet, always has a mouthful to say. Its the ones who has had one gone who try to get the word out. See no , speak no i geuss. Iv watched many threads and vids of bikes bein taken. Sux but it happens. Threads are funny. Everyone wanna talk sh*^. But get us all in a group, got a bunch of silent bettys. My only advice, Dont Park In Apartments. Jus about all bikes ive seen have jus been left out. Jus like an ATV or Dirtbike. Ud never leave it out.
Did you have a point in all that bullshit?
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #126
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

lol

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:44 AM   #127
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

[QUOTE=PYROBUG51;2552802]Funny how I added Final Gear to my myspace had pics of my bike then it was stolen....Hmmmm If the cops busted him Im sure they had a good reason..It wasnt one bike it was multiple bikes...come on get a grip peeps..fk thiefs![/QUOTE]

winner! and we all know it. good luck to him, we have all made mistakes, some greater than others, I still think we have a few more wolves in the sheep pen.
Its all to easy to locate, take and read about the search progress on MH

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:53 AM   #128
Lilrowdy1
High Class Hoodrat

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
07 GSXR - 600 THANK YOU GEORGE :)

Send a message via AIM to Lilrowdy1
I'm vouching for Joseph. He is a personal friend of mine. A VERY LEGIT business owner and unfortunately, just as most of us would have done and several of you already stated, he just assumed that the individual he was dealing with was an "ok" guy. Joseph McCamish has been in this industry for years and has helped many of you at the track and with your bikes. I think that someone who has worked on bikes for years and is familiar with LoJack and what all it does and where it goes on these motorcycles is not going to "steal" a bike WITH LOJACK and leave it in their garage to be discovered by the police and the former owner. We can all say that he did not use his best judgment and be angry and assume he stole it and name call, and most times I would be on that side of the fence myself but I can honestly say that all that Joseph is guilty of is not being diligent enough in doing his research on who's bike he was taking in to do work on and unfortunately, this time, it was the wrong person's. I know many of you don't know me on here, but having watched George go through all the intense frustrations of losing his bike to a thief, I can completely understand wanting to accuse someone and be angry - this person however, is not a bike thief and is so far from it, if I have any credibility with any of you, I am vouching for this individual, for what it's worth.

Jean-Marie Degville
monette570@aol.com

For the record....My muscles are way bigger then Cali's......true story.
I am an equal opportunity annoyer
Lilrowdy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #129
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Nice. Hope this guy really is innocent and it all goes his way.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #130
RR785

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Nice. Hope this guy really is innocent and it all goes his way.
I hope that he is not guilty because I'd really like to believe that some on this board would have enough honor to not steal from another member. I recently had a bike stolen from me.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #131
RR785

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'07 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Did you have a point in all that bullshit?
No doubt...stop drinking bong water.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:21 PM   #132
Lilrowdy1
High Class Hoodrat

Bike(s):
07 GSXR - 600 THANK YOU GEORGE :)

Send a message via AIM to Lilrowdy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR785 View Post
I hope that he is not guilty because I'd really like to believe that some on this board would have enough honor to not steal from another member. I recently had a bike stolen from me.
I completely understand your "pain"

George's bike was stolen early last year - it is still a VERY sore subject. We both know it has been parted out and is in a million pieces now but still stupidly believe we will see it blowing down the freeway someday with the jackass that took it and chase him down and exact our revenge. That'll never happen, but concocting up beat down schemes in our heads sometimes makes us feel better every now and then.

For the record....My muscles are way bigger then Cali's......true story.
I am an equal opportunity annoyer
Lilrowdy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #133
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilrowdy1 View Post
I'm vouching for Joseph. He is a personal friend of mine. A VERY LEGIT business owner and unfortunately, just as most of us would have done and several of you already stated, he just assumed that the individual he was dealing with was an "ok" guy. Joseph McCamish has been in this industry for years and has helped many of you at the track and with your bikes. I think that someone who has worked on bikes for years and is familiar with LoJack and what all it does and where it goes on these motorcycles is not going to "steal" a bike WITH LOJACK and leave it in their garage to be discovered by the police and the former owner. We can all say that he did not use his best judgment and be angry and assume he stole it and name call, and most times I would be on that side of the fence myself but I can honestly say that all that Joseph is guilty of is not being diligent enough in doing his research on who's bike he was taking in to do work on and unfortunately, this time, it was the wrong person's. I know many of you don't know me on here, but having watched George go through all the intense frustrations of losing his bike to a thief, I can completely understand wanting to accuse someone and be angry - this person however, is not a bike thief and is so far from it, if I have any credibility with any of you, I am vouching for this individual, for what it's worth.

Jean-Marie Degville
monette570@aol.com
Stand up woman right there. I don't know the accused, but I do now JM - she wouldn't say this without believing it.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #134
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

We are not talking about one bike here. Three or four bikes each with a completely different owner. Hmmmmm. Even if he is innocent, when you get caught with that many stolen bikes with multiple owners you are going to have one of a time proving your innocence. Here are planet earth, the judge does not care if you didn't mean to break the law.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #135
jrfitzny
Derriere Extraordinaire

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1948 Harley Flathead w/ sidecar
2008 Buell 1125R
2004 CRF Fiddy

Send a message via Skype™ to jrfitzny
innocent of not...I hope the truth gets out
jrfitzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #136
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
We are not talking about one bike here. Three or four bikes each with a completely different owner. Hmmmmm. Even if he is innocent, when you get caught with that many stolen bikes with multiple owners you are going to have one of a time proving your innocence. Here are planet earth, the judge does not care if you didn't mean to break the law.
touche'

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #137
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I dont want to see my stolen bike again nor any parts I've invested my time into creating.

Mine was one-off, purpose built for me though someone else apparently had to have it more then myself. Now if they are willing to pay me for it so I can pay off the remainder of it, I'd be better over the situation.

I just know I'll be in jail or worse if I ever see it on the streets. I know dozens of members on here I already promised I'd pay their deductible if they hit the bike.

I just simply dont get thieving; I may not be a perfect, upstanding person in every way, shape or form but I just dont understand it. I live a very simple life because its the best I can do; Im content for the most part, why cant others be?

Just saddens my soul. I sure hope innocence is proven if just.

Thats all I have to say. I still feel like a beaten down puppy over my situation.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:26 PM   #138
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
Unfortunately, I dont recall if he said that all 4 bikes were actually found to be stolen bikes -OR- if the one single bike that had LoJack lead the police to his house and he had 3 OTHER bikes he was repairing/upgrading for others along with spare parts that made it look like a chop shop.

I dont remember, but I wanna say it was only the one single bike that was found to be stolen.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:48 PM   #139
mx6er

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
TL1KR
street legal xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Unfortunately, I dont recall if he said that all 4 bikes were actually found to be stolen bikes -OR- if the one single bike that had LoJack lead the police to his house and he had 3 OTHER bikes he was repairing/upgrading for others along with spare parts that made it look like a chop shop.

I dont remember, but I wanna say it was only the one single bike that was found to be stolen.
yea if i recall it was only the R1 that was hot with lojack. IMO FWIW his story does make sense and i can see how it can look bad and get caught in a bad situation. i hope he makes it through ok.
mx6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:48 PM   #140
signpimp

Bike(s):
2002 klx110

Send a message via MSN to signpimp
I for one feel bad for the guy. It's the cops/District Attorney against you. They can make things look much worse than they really are. And the media doesn't help either. And it costs a ton of money to prove your innocence.
signpimp is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement