MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related) > Stolen Bike Reports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #221
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

It seems more people need BS felony charges. Its a real eye opener. Trust me I know.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EX Motorcycle Thief and chop-shop operator answering questions. da1hobo General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 05-04-2012 04:00 PM
Chop Shop Busted C.Hern5972 Off Topic 4 10-02-2008 09:49 AM
chop shop pleaseeeeee quicksaveme Off Topic 9 06-05-2007 08:26 PM
chop shop pleaseeeeee quicksaveme Off Topic 1 06-05-2007 08:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #222
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudr6 View Post
several months back in Houston. One individual busted I know is on this site. Probably engaged in someway in a fair amount of the thefts from members here,..His shop had a bike belonging to a friend of mine which is how i found out. I know there were more than 4 hot bikes but I am not sure exactly how many bikes or if there were other items..I tried to warn in another post but it got deleted. It is fact though. He is currently out on bond for felony. Big name around the area of sport motorcycles and racing...
^ why would he rat this guy out...and why where there multiple bikes? Why was the guy who dropped off the bike not found...those are my questions.
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #223
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
I would agree, so why plead out ???

Let see how the system works

1st you get arrested, you go before a judge for probable cause hearing
then you bond out.
within the first week you go back before a judge, he tells you the conditions of bond, you report on average to the bond company and then also to the court probationer, on what is going on with you case. You on average will go to court every 4-6 weeks. Each time you get a reset, eventually 6-12 months later set it for trial, then you go through motion after motion and more resets, each time they give you a sweeter deal, the first time you go to court they tell you jail time and go down each time from there ect.

But that is all in my head, and I am full of it and have no idea what I am talking about, just a bad dream, is it close
You seem to have the system and steps down. Now consider you dont have the money. The 5000.00 retainer I paid my lawyer didnt get me past all of the resets. They they threw the 2 yr. in jail plan at me. I wanted to fight it. My lawyer said he was gonna need 10g's to go to trial. I told him to get fugged and pled it down to a class A.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #224
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub-par View Post
thats is true. if someone stole a bike and is a bike theif. The first thing they would do is

A. look for low jack to disable or remove it
B. stash the bike someplace for a couple days if they were unsure if it had lowjack

a real bike theif would bring a bike to their home right off...imo
Unless when they stole the bike... the owner of the bike didnt know the bike was taken til days later...(if it where in a garage, owner was out of town blah blah blah) bike was stashed for a few days....and owner finds out its gone days later and calls lo jack and bike is at its place of dismantel
Old 07-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #225
sub-par

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 636
m109
duc 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
^ why would he rat this guy out...and why where there multiple bikes? Why was the guy who dropped off the bike not found...those are my questions.
he prolly was set up.

revenge maybe. you hate the guy for something he did to you.
have him work on your bike,then repoert it stolen and lowjack bring the po po to the guys house
sub-par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:55 PM   #226
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
You seem to have the system and steps down. Now consider you dont have the money. The 5000.00 retainer I paid my lawyer didnt get me past all of the resets. They they threw the 2 yr. in jail plan at me. I wanted to fight it. My lawyer said he was gonna need 10g's to go to trial. I told him to get fugged and pled it down to a class A.
You got burned but to be honest i think there are too many factors that go the other way for this case
Old 07-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #227
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
he prolly was set up.

revenge maybe. you hate the guy for something he did to you.
have him work on your bike,then repoert it stolen and lowjack bring the po po to the guys house
Maybe he did get set up...but if he did... the owner of the bike would have been identified... Right?
Old 07-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #228
sub-par

Bike(s):
2006 636
m109
duc 1098

Quote:
Unless when they stole the bike... the owner of the bike didnt know the bike was taken til days later...(if it where in a garage, owner was out of town blah blah blah) bike was stashed for a few days....and owner finds out its gone days later and calls lo jack and bike is at its place of dismantel
if thats the case,then the guy is kinda stupid.

if someone stole a bike and the police hadnt showed up in one whole day. That would give you time to find the low jack. Low jack it typically hidden in the fairings. At least mines is

plus you can run the vins whenever you want. Just call the local pd and tell them you want to check the numbers on a vehicle your buying to make sure its not stolen,and they will run it

Last edited by sub-par; 07-08-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #229
sub-par

Bike(s):
2006 636
m109
duc 1098

Quote:
Maybe he did get set up...but if he did... the owner of the bike would have been identified... Right?
the owner has been identified,just not maybe in the reports

people can remain anonymous you know

if your bike is stolen and recovered,they contact you and the insurance company
Old 07-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #230
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Wow, you can get DA on a felony, weak!
Yup. DWI is the only crime in the state of TX that you can't get DA for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
You can get probation for murder
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
he's a viking accountant. he looks at the bottom line, then he yells at it.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #231
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Imagine if you had these charges and had to appear before of a jury. Now imagine the jury being full of people with the life experiences and mentality of this group. I would take the plea deal myself.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #232
JetG

Quote:
If it was me, and I am dreaming again. I would find the money to prove my innocents. 5K aint bro, and the 10K wow that would suck. But what do you lose for the rest of your life. The right to vote, well in this case once he expunges the case can vote, you cant find a job for . So how much money is that ??? O a lot more than 15K, been there done that one while I was dreaming, and wish all of it was 15K try over 90K in my dreams

But this was all in my dreams, and I have no idea WTF I am talking about apparently
JetG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:21 PM   #233
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

He is fine with a class A. I have to assume that was the deal. It was gonna be 15 just for a trial where I would be taking a chance. Rather than risk 2-20 I took 5 yrs probation. I got it reduced to a class A. I was 21 at the time. Its kinda a no brainer. They got you by the and they know it. Guilty or not.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #234
sub-par

Bike(s):
2006 636
m109
duc 1098

Quote:
If it was me, and I am dreaming again. I would find the money to prove my innocents. 5K aint bro, and the 10K wow that would suck. But what do you lose for the rest of your life. The right to vote, well in this case once he expunges the case can vote, you cant find a job for . So how much money is that ??? O a lot more than 15K, been there done that one while I was dreaming, and wish all of it was 15K try over 90K in my dreams

But this was all in my dreams, and I have no idea WTF I am talking about apparently
well if 5k aint ...can i blackmail you for 2500 so i can get this new bike I want

and to be honest you can still find a job with a felony on your record. Most proffesional job just require a impressive resume and experience,and wont even drug test you
Old 07-08-2010, 06:23 PM   #235
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I know plenty felons in my line of work. They all make 100k+
Old 07-08-2010, 06:25 PM   #236
sub-par

Bike(s):
2006 636
m109
duc 1098

Quote:
can i get a job,I can work for half that

truth be told its impossible not to know a felon,many business owners have felony

cuz everything in texas is a felony lol...sadly

J-walking is a felony lol
Old 07-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #237
JetG

Quote:
well if 5k aint ...can i blackmail you for 2500 so i can get this new bike I want

and to be honest you can still find a job with a felony on your record. Most proffesional job just require a impressive resume and experience,and wont even drug test you
Be honest then, and I am honest good luck with that. Maybe by idea of professional job is different than yours. There is not one place that I have worked that would accept that with a impressive resume or not, just how things work. just being charged is to get a J-O-B even after all the bs and nothing happening. But by your own admission, I have no idea, and I am just a internet lawyer and full of it. hmm just maybe I am not and know what I am talking about
Old 07-08-2010, 06:30 PM   #238
JetG

Quote:
I never said they couldnt work, but I would bet it has been 10+ year past the conviction, and I also bet most if not all are hard manual labor jobs or at least started that way, and some are small ma pop shops. I like desk jobs, and sitting behind a computer all day and not out in the heat or dealing with BS and not quiet 100K but close
Old 07-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #239
sub-par

Bike(s):
2006 636
m109
duc 1098

Quote:
Be honest then, and I am honest good luck with that. Maybe by idea of professional job is different than yours. There is not one place that I have worked that would accept that with a impressive resume or not, just how things work. just being charged is to get a J-O-B even after all the bs and nothing happening. But by your own admission, I have no idea, and I am just a internet lawyer and full of it. hmm just maybe I am not and know what I am talking about
I have worked as an architectural drafter for 5 years and not one my employer did a backgroud check nor drug test. they just wanna know if you have experience ,a bachelores degree,and will be reliable.

If being envolved in architectural work and working along-side business owner is not a proffesion, what is?
Old 07-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #240
JetG

Quote:
I have worked as an architectural drafter for 5 years and not one my employer did a backgroud check nor drug test. they just wanna know if you have experience ,a bachelores degree,and will be reliable.

If being envolved in architectural work and working along-side business owner is not a proffesion, what is?
I have worked as a Designer in the O&G field and there is not one place I have worked that hasnt done a background check, or a drug test.

How big is the company you work for, and how many employees do they have ??? How long did it take you to find that job, and you did that right out of being a conviction ???

Advertisement