MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related) > Stolen Bike Reports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #201
sub-par

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 636
m109
duc 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
He may or may not be guilty. Just because he plead out doesn't make him guilty (although those were some peculiar circumstances). Deferred adjudication is similar to torture in the medieval days. The whole point of torture was to get a confession and everyone would confess just to make it stop. DA and reduced time for guilty pleas is the same. You either confess, take a little probation or reduced sentence, or face many years in the animal house. It works and that is why it is offered to a lot of people. Most people take it even if they are innocent. Because the alternative, just like continued torture, is a nightmare. I've taken it and it wasn't that big of a deal. I had a friend who got offered 2.5 years for a guilty plea, but he was innocent so he took it to trial. "There is no way they can prove me to be guilty because I am innocent," is what he said. Two months later he received a guilty verdict and the judge gave him 15 years.
this is some real chit.....wow 15.

I hope other can understand how crazy the system is and stop judging the guy as guilty because of hersay and what a guy with a uniform reported
sub-par is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EX Motorcycle Thief and chop-shop operator answering questions. da1hobo General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 05-04-2012 04:00 PM
Chop Shop Busted C.Hern5972 Off Topic 4 10-02-2008 09:49 AM
chop shop pleaseeeeee quicksaveme Off Topic 9 06-05-2007 08:26 PM
chop shop pleaseeeeee quicksaveme Off Topic 1 06-05-2007 08:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #202
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Ok people name the facts what we know!
or what we have heard...
1. Multiple bike in different peoples names
2. LoJack sent Cops to his house
3.No person came forward to claim the bike. (just a name)

what else

also mark the positives
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #203
sub-par

Bike(s):
2006 636
m109
duc 1098

why didnt anyone claim the bike?
Old 07-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #204
brandontx

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
Ok people name the facts what we know!
or what we have heard...

what else

also mark the positives
He got off with probation
2. This has provided me with at least 45 minutes of entertainment
3. Made me feel better about my day
4. He is a skinny midget
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #205
sub-par

Bike(s):
2006 636
m109
duc 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
He got off with probation
4. He is a skinny midget
lmao
Old 07-08-2010, 04:55 PM   #206
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Cons...
4 loudr6 obv stated in first post he knows of bike thieves and tried to warn us...He provided us with this info just a FYI with nothing to gain

Pros....
1. He got off with probation
4. He is a skinny midget

Last edited by PYROBUG51; 07-08-2010 at 04:58 PM.
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #207
JetG

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub-par View Post
fixed
Hey thanks so much for saying what I do and dont know about our lovely system. Like I said dont fool yourself and speak for others that you have no idea about.

Cause I hear what yall are saying and I am not saying it isnt that way, but why plead if you are not guilty. I could careless what they say there going to do to you if your found guilty if you go to trial.

JetG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #208
G1xx3rGuy08
1dizzie

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
gixxer 1000
600rr stunna!!!

What I don't understand is how, if some one stills a horse or any agricultural farm animal from your property in the state of texas you can hang them, but why cant they pass a law for bikes too? Its like our horse but more modern. Lol

Wish we could hang those . It costs us money to buy our toys to see them stripped in peoples garage getting sold for parts
G1xx3rGuy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #209
G1xx3rGuy08
1dizzie

Bike(s):
gixxer 1000
600rr stunna!!!

What I don't understand is how, if some one steals a horse or any agricultural farm animal from your property in the state of texas you can hang them, but why cant they pass a law for bikes too? Its like our horse but more modern. Lol

Wish we could hang those . It costs us money to buy our toys to see them stripped in peoples garage getting sold for parts
Old 07-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #210
omer
SMR

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
whatever is at the shop at the time ;)
2010 r1
2009 CBR1000RR
2006 GSXR600
2008 ZX10R

hahaha
omer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:34 PM   #211
sub-par

Bike(s):
2006 636
m109
duc 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
Hey thanks so much for saying what I do and dont know about our lovely system. Like I said dont fool yourself and speak for others that you have no idea about.

Cause I hear what yall are saying and I am not saying it isnt that way, but why plead if you are not guilty. I could careless what they say there going to do to you if your found guilty if you go to trial.

blah
Old 07-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #212
G1xx3rGuy08
1dizzie

Bike(s):
gixxer 1000
600rr stunna!!!

Ok, its understandable if you have a bike vin grinded and if cops get there and it realy ain't urs but a customers then y not call the guy and say" hey cops r here something wrong w ur bike" but no u stay quiet and tell the cops nothing? Occuared. Y stand up for a so called customers bike u might only be doing an oil change on? And again they said multiply bikes had no vins. So wat? All customers took u bikes and tat didn't seem strange to him.

Sorry guys I do little work on bikes of my garage and change tires. Some here know who I am, but if a bike comes to my house to swap a motor or change a lot of parts, w out the bike been wrecked its gonna come to my sense that its most likely stolen and he want to change those parts as well as I would check see if the vin is clear as in no mods done to it or no vin at all if the bike is going to stay over night.

Sorry to seem like a snitch but is a guy comes to my house to change a part and drops the bike off and later cops show up in my door saying there's a stolen bike I would handed over and call u saying ur bikes ready so when u pick it up the cops deal w u. I won't take heat for noone like that
Old 07-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #213
G1xx3rGuy08
1dizzie

Bike(s):
gixxer 1000
600rr stunna!!!

Ok, its understandable if you have a bike vin grinded and if cops get there and it realy ain't urs but a customers then y not call the guy and say" hey cops r here something wrong w ur bike" but no u stay quiet and tell the cops nothing? Occuared. Y stand up for a so called customers bike u might only be doing an oil change on? And again they said multiply bikes had no vins. So wat? All customers took u bikes and tat didn't seem strange to him.

Sorry guys I do little work on bikes of my garage and change tires. Some here know who I am, but if a bike comes to my house to swap a motor or change a lot of parts, w out the bike been wrecked its gonna come to my sense that its most likely stolen and he want to change those parts as well as I would check see if the vin is clear as in no mods done to it or no vin at all if the bike is going to stay over night.

Sorry to seem like a snitch but is a guy comes to my house to change a part and drops the bike off and later cops show up in my door saying there's a stolen bike I would handed over and call u saying ur bikes ready so when u pick it up the cops deal w u. I won't take heat for noone like that
Old 07-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #214
bluewave18
Safety Third

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Its not like an investigation led to his arrest. They followed a lojack. If he had stolen the bike it seems like the had the knowledge to find and disable the device. I dont know the guy but I still say its a weak case. I bet he took the deal due to the costs. If they had him nailed he wouldnt have been given the deal. Look at it from that POV.
bluewave18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #215
JetG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub-par View Post
blah
that is the best come back
Old 07-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #216
sub-par

Bike(s):
2006 636
m109
duc 1098

thats is true. if someone stole a bike and is a bike theif. The first thing they would do is

A. look for low jack to disable or remove it
B. stash the bike someplace for a couple days if they were unsure if it had lowjack

a real bike theif would bring a bike to their home right off...imo
Old 07-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #217
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1xx3rGuy08 View Post
Occuared.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #218
G1xx3rGuy08
1dizzie

Bike(s):
gixxer 1000
600rr stunna!!!

True but don't they say there were other bikes as well that were undintifiable because they had no vins?
Old 07-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #219
sub-par

Bike(s):
2006 636
m109
duc 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
that is the best come back
yea,cuz Im not gonna explain myself to you

if you wanna see how the system works,let me frame you with a stolen vehicle and see how you turn out
Old 07-08-2010, 05:47 PM   #220
JetG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Its not like an investigation led to his arrest. They followed a lojack. If he had stolen the bike it seems like the had the knowledge to find and disable the device. I dont know the guy but I still say its a weak case. I bet he took the deal due to the costs. If they had him nailed he wouldnt have been given the deal. Look at it from that POV.
I would agree, so why plead out ???

Let see how the system works

1st you get arrested, you go before a judge for probable cause hearing
then you bond out.
within the first week you go back before a judge, he tells you the conditions of bond, you report on average to the bond company and then also to the court probationer, on what is going on with you case. You on average will go to court every 4-6 weeks. Each time you get a reset, eventually 6-12 months later set it for trial, then you go through motion after motion and more resets, each time they give you a sweeter deal, the first time you go to court they tell you jail time and go down each time from there ect.

But that is all in my head, and I am full of it and have no idea what I am talking about, just a bad dream, is it close

Advertisement