Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2006, 05:41 PM   #1
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

Traffic court report

Went to court this morning at 8:00 am and almost completely took care of all my cases I had pending, and finished just before 5 pm.

I had 3 speeding cases, and 15 FTA's, yeah 15 cases. Every time I was asked why I had so many FTA (failure to appear) cases I wasn't going to try to explain my way out of them only that I wanted to get my cases cleared. I haven't been stopped in over 2 years and the oldest cases are from 2001.

The final tab is that I managed to get 2 speeding cases dismissed and I'm serving a probated sentence on the last. I paid 4 FTA's and a "bond" for the probation case for a total of almost $900 that I gave to the city today. There are still 2 more FTA cases that I have in July that won't affect the probated mess that I hope to get cleared and finally have nothing on my plate for a while. The attorney cost me about $500 for everything which I think was a good deal considering all the garbage he had to go through to get my stuff done.

Zero convictions = zero points on my license = a decent day in court, all in all it could have been worse.

My lesson learned (and hopefully you'll get free advice from this)

1. Run with a little less throttle and more common sense, that doesn't mean you're going to do the speed limit everytime - just use your noodle, it's cheaper than lawyers and fines.
2. Go to court when you're supposed to and you won't have to look in the mirror more than what's in front of you while you're on the road. It's a b*tch to be nervous everytime you get on the road and worry if you're going to end up in jail instead of where you're wanting to go and your ride getting towed.
3. Going to court and paying a lawyer is a lot cheaper than running and ending up with a felony and losing your driving privileges. Did y'all hear? DON'T RUN - IT'S NOT WORTH IT! Or worse ending up dead or getting someone else killed because you think that's not going to happen to you.

Kudos to the fine folks at Sullo & Sullo attorney's that send junk mail to us all offering their legal expertise. I called them on Saturday to be in court Monday morning and they stepped up to the plate and handled the case professionally. I could write up about a particular officer that didn't want to work my one case along like the others but I'll be a gentleman and not bad mouth someone who probably was suffering from a permanent case of PMS.

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need traffic lawyer for Woodbranch municipal court j_e_hurst Off Topic 25 09-07-2013 01:13 AM
sugarland court and the traffic ticket master bombsaway General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 09-17-2010 08:52 PM
Traffic court p 4- ghosts of farts past Sifu-TZ The Circus 48 10-30-2009 04:32 PM
El Paso County Traffic Court Lawyer? GLD General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 04-13-2009 01:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2006, 06:37 PM   #2
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom
That's who I used .....wow.....15 fta's bro....IM surprised they weren't out looking for you.....

And running doesn't solve anything....ITS NOT WORTH IT......

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:43 PM   #3
R6kid
aggies class of 2010

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000 Red/Black

Send a message via AIM to R6kid
Sullo & Sullo is awesome, they helped iwth my tomball speeding ticket. Anybody that has traffic tickets should use them. I just got on in college station though and they dont go that far....

Legalhouston.com is their website for anybody that needs it
R6kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:31 PM   #4
tcmatt

Member Garage

they would have locked my upf or 6 to a year in county for that .
Old 06-26-2006, 08:02 PM   #5
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcom
....IM surprised they weren't out looking for you.....
Oh I assure you that they were looking, they just weren't looking in the right place.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:02 PM   #6
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
hahaha, reading about Boostjunkie made you go fix your records eh?

:icon_bigg :icon_bigg

It's good to be free though! I used to have a few FTA's (not 15 though) and I hated going out because of that though I do admit, I was a lot more obedient to traffic laws while "dirty".
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:40 PM   #7
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:11 AM   #8
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
hahaha, reading about Boostjunkie made you go fix your records eh?

:icon_bigg :icon_bigg
Naah it just worked out that way. I've had the trial settings for a few months now. Waking up this morning with a clean slate makes things just a little easier, hopefully I'll keep it that way for a while.

-d
Old 06-27-2006, 07:21 AM   #9
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
glad things went well.
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:45 AM   #10
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
I'll be a gentleman and not bad mouth someone who probably was suffering from a permanent case of PMS.

-d
what about fella's who can't grow up , and take care of personnal business in a timely fashion? what are those people called? :eh:
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:09 AM   #11
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
what about fella's who can't grow up , and take care of personnal business in a timely fashion? what are those people called? :eh:
Procrastinators.

Although it may seem otherwise, I don't count myself into that stereotype. During the time I should have been in traffic court I was going through a living (custody battle) for my daughter with her mom. I won't bore you with a long drawn story, but there were days I didn't even want to breathe because of the pain I was going through. I finally made up my mind and decided that I wasn't going to allow someone else to use my daughter to controll my life.

There were other things much more important than traffic tickets that I let go of that I am still working on getting straightened out. Yesterday's traffic court was just another chapter I closed to get these issues resolved.

The officer that I didn't and won't go into details here wasn't dealing with this from a professional point of view, she actually took my speeding case personal and even called me "arrogant." I'm not because she wouldn't work things out, I actually felt sorry for her that she can't separate her job from her own personal emotions.

-d
Old 06-27-2006, 08:15 AM   #12
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

how would you feel if you were a cop, and lawbreaker basically got of all the crimes they were convicted of.........lets say these 5 kids who murdered the 2 asian kids.........similar crime, NO, but a crime nonetheless. well, thats where your at. you abused the law, and basically still got away scott free. and your on here boasting about your "win", maybe she right.

btw, sprechers handling a case for me in sept. that i got last thanksgiving.........lol

i have no prob. w/ you handling you case w/ the atty as you have. pretty lame to have 15 FTA's. but to call a cop doing her job as having PMS, shows your maturity, or lack there-of.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016

Last edited by RACER X; 06-27-2006 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:36 AM   #13
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
how would you feel if you were a cop, and lawbreaker basically got of all the crimes they were convicted of.........lets say these 5 kids who murdered the 2 asian kids.........similar crime, NO, but a crime nonetheless. well, thats where your at. you abused the law, and basically still got away scott free. and your on here boasting about your "win", maybe she right.

btw, sprechers handling a case for me in sept. that i got last thanksgiving.........lol

i have no prob. w/ you handling you case w/ the atty as you have. pretty lame to have 15 FTA's. but to call a cop doing her job as having PMS, shows your maturity, or lack there-of.
She did her job by writing me up and going to court. We had an agreement worked out that she backed out on, even the prosecutor was stunned about with her attitude (he thought that she was an old g/f or something)

I didn't win anything. If I had gotten all of my cases dismissed I would have considered it a good day. I'm serving a probated sentence until November. If I so much as get a single ticket, not a conviction but just a ticket it's all over. That's no victory by any means. Abusing the law? No, perhaps we see the half full glass from different points of view but I got my day in court and the city collected their money. A good attorney earned his $$$ by doing what he got paid to do, the prosecutor did his job by working out a deal and the officer showed what type of a person she was when she reneged on an agreement.

It's just business Racer X, another day in the life.

-d
Old 06-27-2006, 08:46 AM   #14
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA

It's just business Racer X, another day in the life.

-d
true that.........pay to play.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 06-27-2006, 09:28 AM   #15
BoostJunkie

Member Garage

, not even i'm THAT bad. I found out when i served time, i got 8 warrants taken care of, i thought i only had 4 taken care of cause they only gave me paper work on 4 of them. I called around to the other places i knew i had warrants and said i did time served. So the only one i have left is in Oak Ridge North $565. I plan on paying that as soon as i can get together the money. Glad to see you finally did the responsible thing and got them taken care of without going to jail.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:39 AM   #16
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

or you could go back next weekend :laughing6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:42 AM   #17
BoostJunkie

Member Garage

i already talked to them about it. In montgomery county you only get $50 a day. So i'd have to be in for like 3 days. **** that, i'd go in if it was only for a day and a 1/2 like last time, but i'm not staying that long.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:48 AM   #18
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Just pay some money and get out of it. Time is money... I am sure you can figure out how to make more then $50 a day.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:06 AM   #19
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Good to ride clean and not worry about getting hauled in for warrants.
DOA, you did the right thing by stepping up and taking care of it.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement