Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
Urandaman

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2002 f4i

Send a message via AIM to Urandaman
getting a bike back the legal way

so my parents informed me that they received a official notice letter from some bike shop saying they had a dirtbike titled to us(it was one of our old dirtbikes-that was verified) that has been at their shop for over a year now. apparently the guy who bought it rode it til it broke then took it in for maintenance and left it, but never transfered the title.

my idea is to pay the labor fee to get the bike released and fix it on my own, provided there is a legal way to get the bike back. since the title is still in our name, is applying for a lost title one way to get that back?

my Dad is going to contact the person who bought it and see if they even want to deal with it, or let the shop do a mechanics lean on it and then i will purchase the bike from the shop for the price of labor(about 250 bux), or if they will give the title and create a new bill of sale and go about it that way.

short version-
bike i sold is in a repair shop(over a year)
repair shop contacted my parents since title is still in our name
shop just wants money for labor they have in to it
how can i legally go about getting the bike back

bike at hand is a 2000(i think) XR200, so there is not much value to a 10yr old trail bike that needs Timing chain-timing chain sprockets, piston and sleeve, head rebuilt(valves bent)

i am not sure if anyone has dealt with something like this before, but its worth a shot. I just dont want to do something and get the bike back, then have it come up as stolen by the other person and get shaffed.
I am currently Deployed overseas and i am trying to help my dad find any info on this subject matter so that he can look into it for me
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Making Track Bike Street Legal Q's jakeg How To's and Q & A's 1 12-22-2012 10:56 AM
how to make a dirt bike street legal iceman Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 21 03-30-2011 08:58 AM
making a 125cc pit bike street legal? AiJay Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 3 05-19-2010 04:09 AM
license plate at the bike, is this legal? RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 10-07-2009 10:10 PM
Needed: legal bike for Class M Mr.P General Discussion (Moto Related) 41 03-06-2009 04:44 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

according to your post i would

pick it up and pay labor if it is worth it(assuming you know it is worth it.)
and sell it again.
the person you sold it to did you get anything in writing?
if not keep it they probaly wrote it off anyway.
if you dont want to be a douche contact the person and see if they want it. if they dont its in your name anyway

if your dad is your power of attorney he should be able to do all this for you.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
Urandaman

Bike(s):
2002 f4i

there is a bill of sale on the bike, as there is a bill of sale on every vehicle i have sold just to cover my if they do something illegal and the vehicle is tracked back to me.

My dad is going to see if they just want to give the title back with a new bill of sale.
i honestly only want the motor to stuff into a CR80/85 frame and make some crazy motard bike
Old 06-10-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urandaman View Post
there is a bill of sale on the bike, as there is a bill of sale on every vehicle i have sold just to cover my if they do something illegal and the vehicle is tracked back to me.

My dad is going to see if they just want to give the title back with a new bill of sale.
i honestly only want the motor to stuff into a CR80/85 frame and make some crazy motard bike
yeh it sux being overseas and have something like this go down it happened to me and my dad paid the labor for a car and the person i sold it to signed an agreement he didnt want it back. we actually made money off it twice.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #5
Urandaman

Bike(s):
2002 f4i

well if i could get the bike back, fix the motor and sell the frame and suspension and get close to 0 id be more than stoked! ha.

Advertisement