MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #81
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB125 View Post
Make her a PART of your riding. Buy her her own bike, helmet, etc. She's only mad cause she wants time to be with you. SHE should be YOUR best friend anyway. Someone may have said this already but, If she's happy; you're happy. Compromise X10. 'Been happily married for fifteen years and it works for me.
You can't MAKE her do anything she has no interest in doing, no matter how much she may love you.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4/28/10 M&G 7PM - Riders Helpin Riders – Pasadena Hooter's Flip Events, Meets and Rides 221 05-09-2010 10:44 PM
F4i Riders---Need your opinion Mr.Jones How To's and Q & A's 13 11-01-2008 03:40 PM
BMW Riders/Honda Riders/Kawasaki Riders...read on BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-24-2008 05:32 PM
I'm getting married! fuknrobert Off Topic 19 07-24-2006 06:25 AM
opinion from experienced riders newrider05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 05-26-2005 08:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2010, 07:49 PM   #82
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
You can't MAKE her do anything she has no interest in doing, no matter how much she may love you.
How did get into the discussion?
Old 06-10-2010, 08:02 PM   #83
zman45
Go Big Or Go Home!!!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2008 Kawasaki ZX14 Saphire Midnight Blue (SOLD) I'll miss the Beast!
2008 Honda CBR1000RR Blue Silver (custom color)
2009 Yamaha R1 Cadmium Yellow (Bumble Bee)
2008 HONDA CBR1000RR WINNING RED
2002 HARLEY V-ROD (The Original)

30+ years

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
THANKS A LOT! THAT'S REALLY GOOD

i guess is that im still young and wanna do more things than just seat at home or do nothing like right now..
Hey, it's a tough delima. Everyone has there Bike, Golf, Bars...something! After 30+ years of marriage and three grown kids, one thing I know, She will always hate the BIKE!!! You can't just give her some of your time, you have to give her some free time of her own. Let her find her bike, and give it to her. I any case, good luck and safe riding.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:10 PM   #84
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

well....thanks to all you guys for all your tips and info... now that we know who all the married riders of HI are....we should have a meet!
but no really... thanks alot guys!

END OF THE STORY......
Old 06-11-2010, 12:44 AM   #85
Got-Busa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiRider600 View Post
lol Sucks to be you guys... My woman has her own bike. So no quarrels there.
Do you have kids...?
Old 06-11-2010, 01:42 AM   #86
sinnerman1000
sinnerman1000

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 GsxR 1000
2005 GsxR 600

my wife rides her own bike, lucky me
Old 06-11-2010, 02:50 AM   #87
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Trackdays: 1

For what it's worth, whatever you do that is "weekly" that you do on your own, cut it down to "monthly", or at leat once every two weeks...and cut the actual time in half.

spend time with the kids, and wife. learn that motorcycling is not nearly important than watching your kids learn,grow, and experience life, with YOU.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:10 AM   #88
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
at one point...riding will get very old and some of us will stop....... "GETTING OLD" lol.....
I have been riding for 20 years. Ain't gonna happen!

Any chance she might be interested in learning to ride? Would it be fun to ride together? Or is part of your freedom getting away from her?

The extent of my riding is commute on Friday when nice out. An occasional group ride with MH. Some 2-3 hour rides just about every other weekend with close friends. On those 2-3 hour rides with friends I can be out and back by 11am on a Saturday or Sunday and my wife still feels like she has the day with me. Then, a nice long ride for a few days somewhere. This happens maybe twice a year.

P.S. Recently bought my wife a bike. We will see whether she enjoys it like me. If it turns out she does not like it I am just going to rape her new bike.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:26 AM   #89
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

no don't change. Let her know that weds and and every other early morning Sat till 1 is your time. But make sure to plan 2 days especially for her.

Patrick Dempsey said that his marriage is great because his wife understand his need to race. Riding motorcycles is what keeps you on an even keel with all the stuff you have to do. other wise you will pick up other habits like cheating, drugs a aaa aalcohol.

Don't argue the point. Either stand up to her and say this is me. Im not changing. Or give up and quit riding. There is no compromising that. And make sure you have a good life insurance policy. It just comes with the game.

The point is if you have to change to make someone happy you will never make them happy and you will become bitter in the end because of all the changing you have done. You won't even be you anymore.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #90
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

Old 06-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #91
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Am i that bad of a husband?? i work Monday-Saturday from 7am-6pm...

every Wednesday night i like to go out and ride with the guys and chill at pp1.

Sundays i like to go out and do some back roads early in the morning! then i would spend time with my kids after riding on Sundays and after work everyday.

my son and i would play with the pocket bikes after i finish from work then i would ether go to the gym @ 9pm or go home and go to sleep and sometimes watch a movie at home.

i don't drink or smoke....so its not like im out everyday drinking, i don't get home after 12am and party everyday at night, but the only thing i ask my wife and for some freedom on me getting to go out with the guys every now and then, is it too much for me to ask???

she said that her problem is that she wants go to out....but she said that im the one always going out with my friends and i am never home and never spend time doing anything.

(we been marry for over 5 years) i was like WTF is it that you wanna do?? we are not going out like high school.... i know am a sometimes but really?? we do things together, not everyday..but we do every other day during the week, catch a movie that just came out, or go out for a little cruise on the bike.

married riders...does your bike gets in your way with your family?? does anyone has the same problem as i do??

GIVE ME YOUR INPUT PEOPLE... maybe i can open my eyes and see WTF is it that im doing wrong here?
It depends on the woman and how you can work it out.

I told my wife when we were dating that asking me to choose between her and riding was a dangerous proposition - and she might not like the outcome.

On the other hand, I love my wife more than my next breath, so there has to be a compromise.

What I'm hearing from you though is an argument her and I have had many times. It usually has nothing to do with you being on the bike - it has to do with the fact that she needs to know you care - and to an extent, that she is bored and needs some fun.

Take her out in the cage once or twice a month. Take a shower, put on a shirt with a collar, take her to dinner.

- if you need help, lemme know and we'll make it a foursome. Do my wife some good to meet some new people anyway.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #92
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

User is banned

Old 06-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #93
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Well your first mistake is you're a dumbass. Having 2 kids by 22 and getting married? You dont even KNOW you wife, and you are still CHANGING.

Basically do what makes you happy, and what makes her happy. If that doesnt work split ways and share custody of the kids.
Dude - i love you like a brother, I really do, but you REALLY shouldnt give relationship advice.

2 kids by 22 is not abnormal. In fact, its pretty damned normal when it comes right down to it.

Yes, people change. Its going to happen. Part of the commitment of marriage is telling each other that you accept this but you love the other one enough to work with the changes - good AND bad.

One day you're going to meet The One, and you'll understand this.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:26 AM   #94
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

User is banned

Old 06-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #95
PB125

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
2002 Suzuki SV650

Quote:
You can't MAKE her do anything she has no interest in doing, no matter how much she may love you

Not "make" as in to make her do something, ding-dong! What I'm saying is to make her part of your fun. For example: When I started talking about getting a bike; my wife said, ", NO!" I took her to various cycle shops showing her jackets and helmets, etc.
She then went from riding on my new bike to getting her own. THAT'S what I mean by making her a part of things you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
they say you drive like a mad man
Old 06-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #96
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
My opinion is people should establish themselves and a career so they can raise there kids with all the deserve. If you dont like my opinion fine...but thats what it is..

thanks.
well...... look what we got here...()
so the plan is
1st school
2 a good job
3 family...etc
we all know how things work but we dont all follow the rulles, now do we??
if you wanna be A HEAD and give me for it...then sir....GTFO of my thread and make your own thread on how not to make kids before you are married and have a good job .
so of us do things that we have to take care of, one way or another.....
so...tell me... are you a fuking still a virgin or what...you dont like to ??
its that what it is...you dont any girl till you get married??

and if you are married then you are no help to this thread....

so do me a BIG favor sir... you need to GTFO and dont tell me anything like you are a perfect person.
everyone here has told me a lot of good things that has make me realize that i need to put my self together and take care of my family AS I BEEN DOING AS OF TODAY...but you come in and started talking about im stupid for having kids so young?? well...it was not a plan to have kids but i am 100% glad i did, i love my kids and family, so like i always say.... happens for a good reason!!!!

so sir....nothing personal but if you are not going to give me advice and dont have kids and you are not married then WTF are you doing in this thread?? i know the right thing to do! but we dont all do them?? do we??

ON THE OTHER HAND....
BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HAS POSTED HERE AND TOLD ME A LITTLE ABOUT YOUR LIFE AND BEEN MARRIED AND HAVING A BIKE... BUT FOR THOSE THAT DONT DO ANY GOOD ON GIVING ADVISE AND WANNA TALK TO OTHER PEOPLE PLEASE KEEP YOUR OWN COMMENTS TO YOUR SELF.

THANKS EVERYONE!!

Last edited by floyd600; 06-11-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:31 PM   #97
the mother

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Every week choose one day less to ride and spend it with them.
This week Sunday, next week Wednesday and alternate.
Her opinion matters if you wanna keep your marriage happy.
Maybe one week per month you can ride both days.
A man busting his shouldn't be a justification to spend less time with the important people in your life.
+1 She needs time out too. If she's home with the kids all day, everyday, she needs to get out too. You need less time on the bike and more with your family. There's always time for aride. A marriage is something you have to work on together. I know I'v been married 35 years. And I love riding my bike too.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #98
mizpah
vé con dios

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 Kaw ZR750S

Sounds like she is getting a case of the "7 year itch". You have to keep the mama or else you are in trouble...
Communicate!!
Old 06-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #99
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast Rider View Post
no don't change. Let her know that weds and and every other early morning Sat till 1 is your time. But make sure to plan 2 days especially for her.

Patrick Dempsey said that his marriage is great because his wife understand his need to race. Riding motorcycles is what keeps you on an even keel with all the stuff you have to do. other wise you will pick up other habits like cheating, drugs a aaa aalcohol.

Don't argue the point. Either stand up to her and say this is me. Im not changing. Or give up and quit riding. There is no compromising that. And make sure you have a good life insurance policy. It just comes with the game.

The point is if you have to change to make someone happy you will never make them happy and you will become bitter in the end because of all the changing you have done. You won't even be you anymore.

says the guy going through the divorce...

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=144312
Old 06-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #100
mizpah
vé con dios

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 Kaw ZR750S

Sounds like she is getting a case of the "7 year itch". You have to keep the mama happy or else you are in trouble...
Communicate!!
Closed Thread

Advertisement