MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #61
Racer X 05

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R1

ok yall I think I got this one. Let me start by saying this! I've been married 3 times and every one of them knew I had a bike when they met me. Sad to say it doesn't mean $hit to them once they become that significant other! 1st marriage lasted 3 years I got married at 18 thought I knew everything(you know like racer x does)but I was just young dumb and full of well' you know the saying..... 2nd 12yrs but things didn't turn bad until the last 5 of them. Said I left her alone spent more time with the kids, never did anything to make memories, just did enough to create a little part-time happiness...Sound anything like your hearing if so read on.... When I sold my bike to by a project car everything was great for 6 months. Did more together etc.. Then the fever came back! Cure? GSXR and a FZR600(doesn't the Doc always say take 2 and call me lol..) Well back out riding going to meets and so on... If your still reading(this long A$$ response) my friend read this next line over a few times to yourself. If you leave her alone and unhappy she will find something to ride that will make her happy and have fun doing it!!! Are you starting to see things in a different light?? You Should! Next thing I know 12rs and 3 great kids are gone....Try being a weekend Dad! You'll find out that you'd rather be a weekend rider! I hurt my myself, my marriage, and most of all my kids. They did nothing to deserve that outcome....Thought I learned something from that? Not Enough! read on....
Now to my current marriage which is 5yrs deep which includes a 1yr 4month separation... Cause? R1 and selfish ways! Cure sold the bike while we were separated realized she was My Good thing put her 1st took her out on a evening dinner cruse out of Kemah had a blast we now go about 5times a year spend the weekend and just enjoy life. I now understand and know how to create memories not just part time happiness! (doesn't take going broke to do it!) When was the last time you brought home flowers for no reason?? and when asked why you did it your response was "Because You deserve it" What did this all get me in the end? Well a Great relationship with my wife, the Love and Respect of my children who I see and talk to all the time! Oh and My wife putting up her tax return to get me a R1 this past February! It's the 2nd thing I ride the most lol...................
Remember this take care of home and it will take care of You........
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4/28/10 M&G 7PM - Riders Helpin Riders Pasadena Hooter's Flip Events, Meets and Rides 221 05-09-2010 10:44 PM
F4i Riders---Need your opinion Mr.Jones How To's and Q & A's 13 11-01-2008 03:40 PM
BMW Riders/Honda Riders/Kawasaki Riders...read on BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-24-2008 05:32 PM
I'm getting married! fuknrobert Off Topic 19 07-24-2006 06:25 AM
opinion from experienced riders newrider05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 05-26-2005 08:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #62
Luvtaride80

Feedback Rating: (0)

Man, tough spot.. Sounds like she feels trapped with the kids all the time. I know you said that she goes to her mother's and out driving around, but still not the same. Have you ever tried what she does for any extended period of time? I know it gets boring, and rough not having much adult time.... She seems to want you to stay home and be miserable with her.... My marriage was plagued with things like this (must be a byproduct of starting a relationship young) Now, my live-in gf is totally accepting, as long as I give her a heads up early, and am willing to give it up if something else is going on.

Of course she has raised a 10yo all by herself for the last 7 years, so she has a better perspective on how much I do help when not riding.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #63
Jofuzzy
rat fink king

Bike(s):
virago xv700

racer x hit the nail on the head. which would you rather do one day a week?
Old 06-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #64
Eric6R

Experience: 4-8 months

Man this thread REALLY makes me appriciate my wife. She definatly worries but as long as call and check in she has been way cool with me riding sometimes 4 or 5 times a week including all dayers sat and sun. That being said she still wants attn.I was teaching her to ride my dirt bike but my "buddy" was to stupid to mix some oil with the gas so its jacked up right now. I usually will take her out to eat at least once a week, and when the weather is bad on the weekends we try to do somthing nice ie. the dog track( this is her favorite ) moody gardens, lake charles ect. but we also have been married 17 years and have no kids so my situation is quite different. but a woman is a woman and it takes TIME together to keep things on an even keel. we are comming up on some really hot weather so maybe use those scalding days for Family time.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #65
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
freedom??? i work all day!! EVERYDAY and when i get home.....well......i go to sleep or maybe gym once a week.

now she wants me to ride on sunday ONLY!!!
Sorry but I don't ride unless my kids are being watched by somebody else. Why Is it that you get to ride and your wife sits at home?

That's why I only go to commute vs pleasure riding.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Old 06-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #66
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Well.......you guys have really good point.
Thanks for all your comments but sadly you guys are right.
I have try to get her out riding with me but the problem is that when we go out for a cruise I like to have one or two friends come with us. But she doesnt like that.
I think I just need to get her out more. Spent time with her.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #67
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

I have try to get her out riding with me but the problem is that when we go out for a cruise I like to have one or two friends come with us. But she doesnt like that.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:32 AM   #68
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
personally, I think you should just do more stuff together. You don't want her on the back of the bike, just in case. Dont leave the kids alone. I would never put my wife on the back if I had kids. just saying
Old 06-10-2010, 11:43 AM   #69
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

for me the thing is, I commute on the bike so much, I end up not taking a ride for pleasure very much.

And I'd wrather drink at home, where I won't get a ticket, or arrested

but that used to not be the case, and the wife got jealous. She even got jealous of the jeep for a while.

Take her out to dinner, she will get over it. Just don't flirt withthe hot waitress.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #70
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post
for me the thing is, I commute on the bike so much, I end up not taking a ride for pleasure very much.

And I'd wrather drink at home, where I won't get a ticket, or arrested

but that used to not be the case, and the wife got jealous. She even got jealous of the jeep for a while.

Take her out to dinner, she will get over it. Just don't flirt withthe hot waitress.
See, I on the other hand take my wife out and spend time with her on a regular basis so when I do go out with her, I can flirt with the hot waitress. Guess we all have our priorities.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #71
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X 05 View Post
ok yall I think I got this one. Let me start by saying this! I've been married 3 times and every one of them knew I had a bike when they met me. Sad to say it doesn't mean $hit to them once they become that significant other! 1st marriage lasted 3 years I got married at 18 thought I knew everything(you know like racer x does)but I was just young dumb and full of well' you know the saying..... 2nd 12yrs but things didn't turn bad until the last 5 of them. Said I left her alone spent more time with the kids, never did anything to make memories, just did enough to create a little part-time happiness...Sound anything like your hearing if so read on.... When I sold my bike to by a project car everything was great for 6 months. Did more together etc.. Then the fever came back! Cure? GSXR and a FZR600(doesn't the Doc always say take 2 and call me lol..) Well back out riding going to meets and so on... If your still reading(this long A$$ response) my friend read this next line over a few times to yourself. If you leave her alone and unhappy she will find something to ride that will make her happy and have fun doing it!!! Are you starting to see things in a different light?? You Should! Next thing I know 12rs and 3 great kids are gone....Try being a weekend Dad! You'll find out that you'd rather be a weekend rider! I hurt my myself, my marriage, and most of all my kids. They did nothing to deserve that outcome....Thought I learned something from that? Not Enough! read on....
Now to my current marriage which is 5yrs deep which includes a 1yr 4month separation... Cause? R1 and selfish ways! Cure sold the bike while we were separated realized she was My Good thing put her 1st took her out on a evening dinner cruse out of Kemah had a blast we now go about 5times a year spend the weekend and just enjoy life. I now understand and know how to create memories not just part time happiness! (doesn't take going broke to do it!) When was the last time you brought home flowers for no reason?? and when asked why you did it your response was "Because You deserve it" What did this all get me in the end? Well a Great relationship with my wife, the Love and Respect of my children who I see and talk to all the time! Oh and My wife putting up her tax return to get me a R1 this past February! It's the 2nd thing I ride the most lol...................
Remember this take care of home and it will take care of You........
Great advice indeed.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #72
CORNBREAD247

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
Honda VTX1300

married riders

Fifteen years of marriage, with kids and got my first bike last year. I pretty much ride when I want, because it my stress release. I really think the communication between you and you wife is the key. She might have some valid points that you are not hearing or seeing. The time with your kids is priceless, so continue spending time with them as well. This is how I personally look at it. Treat your wife like your bike. If you don't ride it, and take care of it, it's not going to do what you want it to do. Sometimes I look at my bike after a good wash and say, "lookin pretty good". Then I have to remember to go in the house and say the same to my wife. Believe me, little things like that matters. Hope this helps.

PEACE
Old 06-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #73
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Dude if your wife will let you ride every single sunday all day with no then you have it good. Especially since you have two kids. I am so glad I got into bikes way before I met her so she knew what she was getting into. If you got into bikes after getting together then she is extra special for being as understanding as she is. Most girls don't get it because hardly any of them have hobbies that you do solo and most girls don't like other girls so they don't understand wanting to hang out with friends as much we do. And they lack testerone so do not understand that if we don't do something dangerous here and there we will start crawling in our own skin. So the moral of the story; every sunday is a good compromise.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #74
Balls2daWall

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1000
04 GSXR 600

Man I feel your pain. I'm practically married since we have been living together for almost 6 years and at first i would hear it all the time. I still hear it every now and then but as long as I do my part to keep the place clean then i can stay out of the dog house for the most part. I figure I'm gonna ride as much as I can for as long as I can and since I am the primary breadwinner, that's just how its gonna have to be. Some women are irrational tho and will leave you for it and i probably wouldn't want to be with a women like that anyway.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #75
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
I FEEL ya...sold my streetbike prior to getting married...after losing a good friend and all that she and I went through it was understandable and I didn't put up a fight (assuming I could still do trackdays)....then I was spending WAY too much on td's and sold the SS bike....now I do dirt riding (a lil' MX and trail riding). Not as much as I'd like, but a compromise we BOTH can live with....one day I'll be back on the streets or track. Marriage is compromise...constant give and take.

I love my wife more than I love riding so it's cut and clear for me....BUT I do love riding and she understands that it makes me happy so she gives a little. We did recently bump my Life Insurance policy up though in case a tree bites me hard. lol
Old 06-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #76
rquirch
RQuirch

Bike(s):
GSX-R 750 ( sold )
2002 Honda XR-50R (sold :( )

My GF gave me so i dumped her ... you only live once.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #77
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rquirch View Post
My GF gave me so i dumped her ... you only live once.
irrelevant, g/f vs wife and kids. It doesn't even come close to being comparable.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #78
PB125

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
2002 Suzuki SV650

Make her a PART of your riding. Buy her her own bike, helmet, etc. She's only mad cause she wants time to be with you. SHE should be YOUR best friend anyway. Someone may have said this already but, If she's happy; you're happy. Compromise X10. 'Been happily married for fifteen years and it works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
they say you drive like a mad man
Old 06-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #79
stumpykola

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1998 s10 :( ineedmoney
2008 gsxr 600 (SOLD)
2009 ninja 250 (Sold)

man theres lots of ways to do thing, not to be rude but it does sound like you neglect her and your kids. i know how much of a blast it is to ride but you have to get your priorities right. do you want a happy family or do you want a happy you and an empty house.where i work there are close to a thousand employees, there is like an 89% divorce rate out here due to people choosing to spend off days working overtime rather than spend them with family. besides if you have small kids you need to spend as much time with them as you can since their only small once and when they grown there is nothing to replace those memories .

but hey its your life and you shouldnt be asking people how to live your life , make a choice that is right for you and your family
Old 06-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #80
VenaSera
I pwn!

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Member Garage

lol Sucks to be you guys... My woman has her own bike. So no quarrels there.

Advertisement