MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Question **married riders** need you opinion!

Am i that bad of a husband?? i work Monday-Saturday from 7am-6pm...

every Wednesday night i like to go out and ride with the guys and chill at pp1.

Sundays i like to go out and do some back roads early in the morning! then i would spend time with my kids after riding on Sundays and after work everyday.

my son and i would play with the pocket bikes after i finish from work then i would ether go to the gym @ 9pm or go home and go to sleep and sometimes watch a movie at home.

i don't drink or smoke....so its not like im out everyday drinking, i don't get home after 12am and party everyday at night, but the only thing i ask my wife and for some freedom on me getting to go out with the guys every now and then, is it too much for me to ask???

she said that her problem is that she wants go to out....but she said that im the one always going out with my friends and i am never home and never spend time doing anything.

(we been marry for over 5 years) i was like WTF is it that you wanna do?? we are not going out like high school.... i know am a sometimes but really?? we do things together, not everyday..but we do every other day during the week, catch a movie that just came out, or go out for a little cruise on the bike.

married riders...does your bike gets in your way with your family?? does anyone has the same problem as i do??

GIVE ME YOUR INPUT PEOPLE... maybe i can open my eyes and see WTF is it that im doing wrong here?
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4/28/10 M&G 7PM - Riders Helpin Riders Pasadena Hooter's Flip Events, Meets and Rides 221 05-09-2010 10:44 PM
F4i Riders---Need your opinion Mr.Jones How To's and Q & A's 13 11-01-2008 03:40 PM
BMW Riders/Honda Riders/Kawasaki Riders...read on BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-24-2008 05:32 PM
I'm getting married! fuknrobert Off Topic 19 07-24-2006 06:25 AM
opinion from experienced riders newrider05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 05-26-2005 08:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

**married riders** need you opinion!

NEED YOUR INPUT ON THIS...

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=144347
Old 06-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

advise to you.... maybe every other wed. night and every other sunday.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

When I got serious with my lady , now wife with a kid, it was ride 2 up or not at all. women are jealous of the bike and the freedom plain and simple, but there has got to be a compromise, or we will go insane
Old 06-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #5
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

i commented on the other thread. might i suggest every other wed. and every other sunday.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #6
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
When I got serious with my lady , now wife with a kid, it was ride 2 up or not at all. women are jealous of the bike and the freedom plain and simple, but there has got to be a compromise, or we will go insane
so true!!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:10 PM   #7
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
i commented on the other thread. might i suggest every other wed. and every other sunday.
this
Old 06-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #8
landon05

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2004 Gsxr- 600 (wrecked)
2006 gsxr-750 custom painted by "House of Pain" SOLD!!!
LOOKING FOR A GSXR 1000

Send a message via AIM to landon05
Yea every other wednesday and every other sunday. My girl still gets kind of mad bc she never knows where im at and I never answer the phone until hours later
Old 06-09-2010, 10:16 PM   #9
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Every week choose one day less to ride and spend it with them.
This week Sunday, next week Wednesday and alternate.
Her opinion matters if you wanna keep your marriage happy.
Maybe one week per month you can ride both days.
A man busting his shouldn't be a justification to spend less time with the important people in your life.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #10
Chino
We need Emotional Content

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
R6's

Not a simple answer exist for this dilemma. Every relationship is different. The best advise is to COMMUNICATE.
And if you think is grass is greener on the other side, think again, I'm not going to PP1 (my choice)
Old 06-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #11
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red

Member Garage

Quote:
advise to you.... maybe every other wed. night and every other sunday.
this
Old 06-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #12
loosenoose
veteran novice

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

my work schedule is 7 am to 7 pm wed through sat. i have been married 5 years and have 2 kids.
my bike is still in project status, but when it runs, im lucky to get 1 good ride in per month.
my bike has been on project status for so long because the funds for parts, probably $60 keep being used for other stuff, like pregnancy clothes for the wife, or eating out...
blah. it means im stuck of my work commuter for however long it takes for me to have $60 spare bucks and all my needs and strong family wants taken care of to the best of my ability as the sole income earner for the family.
as a father and husband who takes his roles responsibly, i dont get much playtime. when i do i value it immensely for the rarity that it possesses.
i still remember the thrill i got from 2 or 3 months ago when i took a ride out to richards, ate a hot dog in town and then rode back home on 149. i still remember getting my last set of tires and the fun i had, getting to stretch my legs on 45.

i dont get out much these days, but i cherish each and every mundane thing like its a daimond.

im pretty boring, i know.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #13
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
so...just ride only Wednesdays and Sundays??
i just got on a fight with her about me riding today?? now she only wants me to ride sunday! WTF???
if i was to ride sunday only....ill be out sunday from 6am when the sun comes out till like 11pm
Old 06-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #14
H2447INTX
H2447INTX-he is legendary

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

yea i work alot too and i dont get to ride as much as i would like, maybe 3 times a month depending on what the family wants to do and when, but when i get out i like it to be worth it i like long rides allthough that is hardly the case when i get out

more like just a couple hours but its something i love and my wife knows that so as little as i get to ride its enough for now to keep me happy

just try to do more for her and the kids, maybe just that one week dont ride , so you have a free day or so with them

any how good luck with all that and just make sure she knows this is a pation of yours and that you can work around things
but not stopping !
Old 06-09-2010, 10:24 PM   #15
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
so...just ride only Wednesdays and Sundays??
i just got on a fight with her about me riding today?? now she only wants me to ride sunday! WTF???
if i was to ride sunday only....ill be out sunday from 6am when the sun comes out till like 11pm

well. you have 2 options. you can talk to your wife and figure out a compromise or she can get off and divorce you and you'll be able to ride all you want,lol
Old 06-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #16
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post
my work schedule is 7 am to 7 pm wed through sat. i have been married 5 years and have 2 kids.
my bike is still in project status, but when it runs, im lucky to get 1 good ride in per month.
my bike has been on project status for so long because the funds for parts, probably $60 keep being used for other stuff, like pregnancy clothes for the wife, or eating out...
blah. it means im stuck of my work commuter for however long it takes for me to have $60 spare bucks and all my needs and strong family wants taken care of to the best of my ability as the sole income earner for the family.
as a father and husband who takes his roles responsibly, i dont get much playtime. when i do i value it immensely for the rarity that it possesses.
i still remember the thrill i got from 2 or 3 months ago when i took a ride out to richards, ate a hot dog in town and then rode back home on 149. i still remember getting my last set of tires and the fun i had, getting to stretch my legs on 45.

i dont get out much these days, but i cherish each and every mundane thing like its a daimond.

im pretty boring, i know.
that's actually great!
i think that this whole problem started because we started too young!
happens and some of us walk away...and others stays and fight for what is theirs!

a little story of me..
i got my girl pregnant when i was 18 in high school still,9 i started working right off the bat!
been working my off from that day till today, im 22 now with a 4 year old boy and a 2 year old little girl.

never got to party like a rock star but i really dont care for that, but what i really like is every now and then, some freedom...to release my work stress and get out some times to relax.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #17
loosenoose
veteran novice

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

i dont know dude, you seem to have it pretty good. you get out to ride all the time compared to me. i wouldnt even know what to do with all that freedom.
, some people dont know how good they have it.

also, i lived pretty much in a shell until i got out of the air force in 04. since then i started going out with friends, met a few girls, and wound up marrying one. she was i think 6 months pregnant with our 1st kid when we were married.

Last edited by loosenoose; 06-09-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #18
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
well. you have 2 options. you can talk to your wife and figure out a compromise or she can get off and divorce you and you'll be able to ride all you want,lol
lololol... not me! leaving my kids?? no!
im the type of guy that will seat back and try to fix the problem and not just give up, but try to work things out and see whats good for everyone. im young and still have alot more to go, its just that its getting tired really fast!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #19
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post
i dont know dude, you seem to have it pretty good. you get out to ride all the time compared to me. i wouldnt even know what to do with all that freedom.
, some people dont know how good they have it.

also, i lived pretty much in a shell until i got out of the air force in 04. since then i started going out with friends, met a few girls, and wound up marrying one. she was i think 6 months pregnant with our 1st kid when we were married.
freedom??? i work all day!! EVERYDAY and when i get home.....well......i go to sleep or maybe gym once a week.

now she wants me to ride on sunday ONLY!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:45 PM   #20
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2447INTX View Post
yea i work alot too and i dont get to ride as much as i would like, maybe 3 times a month depending on what the family wants to do and when, but when i get out i like it to be worth it i like long rides allthough that is hardly the case when i get out

more like just a couple hours but its something i love and my wife knows that so as little as i get to ride its enough for now to keep me happy

just try to do more for her and the kids, maybe just that one week dont ride , so you have a free day or so with them

any how good luck with all that and just make sure she knows this is a pation of yours and that you can work around things
but not stopping !
THANKS A LOT! THAT'S REALLY GOOD

i guess is that im still young and wanna do more things than just seat at home or do nothing like right now..
Closed Thread

Advertisement