MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #21
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
thats a great time for your first time there. next time sign up for the class for some one on one and we'll help you get below those numbers with a little bit of coaching and line selections.
Oh that wasnt on my own...I had Tim (i think thats his name) helping me out for 2 full sessions and 1/2 of another...he was awesome and gave me great feed back to improve on... before he took me under his wing i was probably doing 4 minute laps

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I saw the craziest crash I ever saw at TWS (Texas World Speedway) today eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 45 10-01-2010 10:07 PM
Kinda last min but today 8/2/09 speed_racer Events, Meets and Rides 0 08-02-2009 01:23 PM
Got the 4/4 TWS (Texas World Speedway) DVD today! cdill35 Video's and Photo's 3 04-30-2009 12:33 AM
They blew up a poor bike... Kinda cool/kinda sad Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 09-21-2007 02:21 PM
wreck at TWS (Texas World Speedway) today? witchdoctor575 General Discussion (Moto Related) 78 09-04-2007 04:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #22
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
Oh that wasnt on my own...I had Tim (i think thats his name) helping me out for 2 full sessions and 1/2 of another...he was awesome and gave me great feed back to improve on... before he took me under his wing i was probably doing 4 minute laps
Im curious. What were your weak points?
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:26 PM   #23
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark06gsxr View Post
Im curious. What were your weak points?
Well to start off with I know what constitutes the basic race line but dont know where and what to use as braking points/throttle off points and turn in areas...such as the #'s on the wall straight at the end..I didnt even realize they were there until they were pointed out Also going into turn 9 (I think) theres 3 car burnout marks to look for as a turn in marker as you go up and over the hill and then coming out of that same turn there is that black patch...all these things I dont see initially because Im so focused on whats ahead and cant grasp the use of landmarks yet (unless pointed out to me)

Im very afraid of coming into a corner to hott...and I am more afraid of crashing So that makes me an overly conservative rider

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS

Last edited by BYRDMAN; 06-07-2010 at 06:28 PM.
BYRDMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #24
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
Well to start off with I know what constitutes the basic race line but dont know where and what to use as braking points/throttle off points and turn in areas...such as the #'s on the wall straight at the end..I didnt even realize they were there until they were pointed out Also going into turn 9 (I think) theres 3 car burnout marks to look for as a turn in marker as you go up and over the hill and they coming out of that same turn there is that black patch...all these things I dont see initially because Im so focused on whats ahead and cant grasp the use of landmarks yet (unless pointed out to me)

Thats one thing I like about ECR. Yea the pavement sucks and its slippery, but the brake markers are big huge signs with 100' increments on them. Would be nice to see other tracks do that.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #25
AJFLo

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark06gsxr View Post
Thats one thing I like about ECR. Yea the pavement sucks and its slippery, but the brake markers are big huge signs with 100' increments on them. Would be nice to see other tracks do that.
TWS (Texas World Speedway) doesnt need too many brake points because there is not alot of hard braking. TUrn in points are key though.
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:02 PM   #26
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
TWS (Texas World Speedway) doesnt need too many brake points because there is not alot of hard braking. TUrn in points are key though.
You do have a point, but it would help me be a little more consistent. I feel like im just being "street smart" out there sometimes cause I find it hard to find definite braking points for myself. I also do really need to work on turn-in points cause I find myself tryin to turn in way too early on occasion. Its time for me to slow down and learn
Old 06-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #27
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Sorry about the beacon, some were getting it some were not, we were going to put a second one from a customer but at the end we never got it. I had a gps one that you could use for a few laps if you wanted to know a few more laps, i am always at grid.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #28
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
Sorry about the beacon, some were getting it some were not, we were going to put a second one from a customer but at the end we never got it. I had a gps one that you could use for a few laps if you wanted to know a few more laps, i am always at grid.
Preciate the offer.

Advertisement