MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #41
Moc05
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 ZZR600(Sold)
2008 ZX-10R(Stolen)
2014 Honda Grom

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Moc05 Send a message via Yahoo to Moc05
We were cruising 45 south one day through downtown area and a stupid helicopter was shining the light on us like if we had been running or speeding, I would have been if they came after us because of somebody else.
Runner C.Hern5972 General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 08-07-2012 03:00 PM
Another runner wiayeman General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 01-11-2011 02:03 PM
another runner towman13 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 08-27-2010 09:18 AM
another runner towman13 General Discussion (Moto Related) 61 07-26-2010 07:59 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #42
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

lol this thread fails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #43
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
Yes they can....they have to notify the tower they are on a vehicle pursuit and most likely will receive approval....
Ya not likely during heavy air traffic. HPD helicopter can not superced the Air traffic tower. Its not like they can say Stop Air traffic were the police and we need to take over airspace to catch suspect bikers.

FAA has all the authority in the world in air. The second the helicopter cross the Hobby airspace the better have a good reason because it will be documented and will have to be explained by HPD. Only Serious Felonies will justify it.

Air traffic tower has a log book. Chasing a speeder will not cut it.
Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #44
HMFIC

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast Rider View Post
Ya not likely during heavy air traffic. HPD helicopter can not superced the Air traffic tower. Its not like they can say Stop Air traffic were the police and we need to take over airspace to catch suspect bikers.

FAA has all the authority in the world in air. The second the helicopter cross the Hobby airspace the better have a good reason because it will be documented and will have to be explained by HPD. Only Serious Felonies will justify it.

Air traffic tower has a log book. Chasing a speeder will not cut it.
Trust me, it happens....
Old 06-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #45
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

Quote:
Trust me, it happens....
TRUST ME The helicopter will 10 out of 10 go around the airport instead of deal with the FAA.

Its not like they will say hey boys we need to zip it in the whirly bird through the the airport for a sec you mind.

Traffic controllers have a lot to verify before they will say ok. Most likely the time it takes to get approvel will take as long as it would to go around.

Hobby airport is highly used by the government. HPD is the little dog in this situation. I am speaking out of experience. Also The only time I have seen HPD cross through is 2 times once when there was a bank robbery in progress and the other was a murder and multiple murders in progress. They had clearance before they even took of in the helo. Thats the way it works. You can't just on the spot say Chasing suspect comin through. Most times its already worked out with FAA before the helo is in the air.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #46
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

Old 06-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #47
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast Rider View Post
TRUST ME The helicopter will 10 out of 10 go around the airport instead of deal with the FAA.

Its not like they will say hey boys we need to zip it in the whirly bird through the the airport for a sec you mind.

Traffic controllers have a lot to verify before they will say ok. Most likely the time it takes to get approvel will take as long as it would to go around.

Hobby airport is highly used by the government. HPD is the little dog in this situation. I am speaking out of experience. Also The only time I have seen HPD cross through is 2 times once when there was a bank robbery in progress and the other was a murder and multiple murders in progress. They had clearance before they even took of in the helo. Thats the way it works. You can't just on the spot say Chasing suspect comin through. Most times its already worked out with FAA before the helo is in the air.
I wasnt talking about flying through the actual airport. Earlier you stated that Edgebrook/Airport/Telephone/Etc was restricted and HPD Copter could not fly there. It was in response to that (will usually be given permission to fly in the area).
Old 06-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #48
iDreaM

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
13 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
lol this thread fails

Def does now. ha
iDreaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #49
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

Quote:
I wasnt talking about flying through the actual airport. Earlier you stated that Edgebrook/Airport/Telephone/Etc was restricted and HPD Copter could not fly there. It was in response to that (will usually be given permission to fly in the area).
Oh sorry I thought you meant fly through the airport. Of course the can fly in the area just not over or within a specific number of feet from the airport. Telephone road between Airport and almeda is off limits to them. So is munro from airport to almeda. also clearwood from almeda to fuqua.

Its easy to zip from 45 through munroe all the way to belt 8, thats a sure getaway. hypothetically.

also with all this heat. FLIR isnt gonna do to well with heat signutures.
they work well in Iraq because the tempt drops about 30- 40 degrees at night. but houston stays hot
Old 06-07-2010, 02:53 PM   #50
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
#1 I didn't call you "son", don't call me "boi". I'm a grown man.
#2 Admitting publicly to running from cops is definitely facepalm worthy
#3 Learn to spell. "Boi" is actually "boy" in and "hall" the way you used it earlier is actually spelled "haul". English is complicated, I know.
You know zee Germans, they can be kooky.

rs004
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:10 PM   #51
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Trackdays: 1

always known to make good safety videos too!

GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement