MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2010, 08:35 AM   #81
urbanXJ
erect engorged member
 
urbanXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 16,497

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys









reading a book/newspaper while driving, people really do this
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
"... I say the govt puts something in the water that sterilizes all women..."
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
peeve: exiting 59 into SL... lucydad General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 02-07-2013 12:58 AM
pet peeve--agressive bicycles lucydad General Discussion (Moto Related) 81 06-11-2012 07:06 PM
Sick in Public - My Pet Peeve Meaner-n-u Off Topic 38 07-27-2011 12:58 PM
Do you have a PET PEEVE? Vent! Let it out! PoPoRiderRR Off Topic 80 01-30-2008 09:00 PM
people with iridium face shields (pet peeve) AznGoneNuts General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 10-11-2007 11:32 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #82
Coast Rider
Arron Smith
 
Coast Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 714

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
kawaquakie









I hate it when other riders (motorcycle or car) don't drive proactively.

I drive as if no one can see me and it helps me to be aware ahead of time. If I pass a car he won't have the time to react before I pass him.

Truth is even if you use your turn signals most people don't even recongize it.

Just be proactive and that will make your driving more enjoyable
Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #83
mevans24
RIP S. Rios.
 
mevans24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 226

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
04' R6









Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast Rider View Post
I hate it when other riders (motorcycle or car) don't drive proactively.

I drive as if no one can see me and it helps me to be aware ahead of time. If I pass a car he won't have the time to react before I pass him.

Truth is even if you use your turn signals most people don't even recongize it.

Just be proactive and that will make your driving more enjoyable
I've witnessed this. kinda true.


Worst ever though, WHEN PEOPLE SWERVE AND ALMOST HIT OTHER TRAFFIC TO KEEP YOU FROM PASSING. (yea I shouldn't be lane splitting but wtf, do you not realize the potential catastrophe you almost caused by doing that?)

Last edited by mevans24; 06-07-2010 at 05:21 PM.
mevans24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:34 PM   #84
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor
 
Challen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brookshire/Fulshear, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,516

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R




Quote:
Originally Posted by mevans24 View Post
Worst ever though, WHEN PEOPLE SWERVE AND ALMOST HIT OTHER TRAFFIC TO KEEP YOU FROM PASSING. (yea I shouldn't be lane splitting but wtf, do you not realize the potential catastrophe you almost caused by doing that?)
Depends on how you look at. What if they just freaked out because a bike suddenly appeared by their side where it shouldn't be and that caused them to swerve into another car? Who's fault would that be?
Challen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #85
mevans24
RIP S. Rios.
 
mevans24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 226

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
04' R6









Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
Depends on how you look at. What if they just freaked out because a bike suddenly appeared by their side where it shouldn't be and that caused them to swerve into another car? Who's fault would that be?
I can understand seeing it that way.... But when you attempt a pass thats not even lane splitting, and the person in the right lane slows(to the point that their rear bumper is now next to the front bumper of the car in the left lane) n swerves out of spite!? cmon... That's grounds to get your seriously kicked
mevans24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:08 PM   #86
Bruiser
Senior Member
 
Bruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 387

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2009 yamaha R6 Raven




Member Garage





DRAGONFLYS!
or any other abnormally large Texas bug that covers your face shield
Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:38 PM   #87
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place
 
BaylorNinja500's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Off 290
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,822

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc








ahhh witness another one today riding home...

a car ( usually extended-bed p/u truck) pulls out into the median of a 2 lane road... perpendicular to the road, and sticks their fat out into another lane, causing every one to either swerve, or slam on the brakes and blare the horn. good , good times.
__________________
BaylorNinja500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:09 AM   #88
The Trav
slowpoke
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,552

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1











Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
If you knew how to do a wheelie you prolly would do one...
hehe
__________________
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:54 AM   #89
urbanXJ
erect engorged member
 
urbanXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 16,497

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys









not a pet peeve, but I hate it when I get stuck behind a trash truck, or a honey wagon (the kind that suck out the port-o-cans).

It makes me feel dirty all over
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
"... I say the govt puts something in the water that sterilizes all women..."
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #90
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place
 
BaylorNinja500's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Off 290
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,822

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc








Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post
not a pet peeve, but I hate it when I get stuck behind a trash truck, or a honey wagon (the kind that suck out the port-o-cans).

It makes me feel dirty all over
agreed man... ugghhh

stopping at a light next to a fragrant sewer is also bad news bears.
__________________
BaylorNinja500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #91
mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
1. People that don't use turn signals
2. People that leave their turn signals on
3. People that lane change without checking blind spots
4. Idiots that don't understand the left lane is a passing lane
5. People on cellphones
6. People that don't turn on their headlights when it's raining
7. People that run across 3 lanes of traffic on Mason to make a left out of a stripcenter instead of going out the other end and making the left at the light
8. People that use the center turn lane as a "suicide lane"

I could go on.................
Actually you don't like cops driving? All what you mentioned I've seen cops doing
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #92
Jay
Deleted
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,104

Experience: 5 years











Fat Chicks Asking For A Ride..........
__________________
What can I say
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #93
jrfitzny
Derriere Extraordinaire
 
jrfitzny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Heights
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 608

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1948 Harley Flathead w/ sidecar
2008 Buell 1125R
2004 CRF Fiddy







Send a message via Skype™ to jrfitzny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Fat Chicks Asking For A Ride..........
More weight on that back wheel makes it easier to wheelie
jrfitzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:57 AM   #94
kalanie
facebok/leatherlaceracing
 
kalanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rice fields
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,921












The wind on occasion drying up my contacts
__________________

Leather&Lace Racing Leather Repair
281-657-589 zero
kalanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:39 AM   #95
loosenoose
veteran novice
 
loosenoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: montgomery
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 4,155

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!




Member Garage


when i had to commute up 45 to get to work, i had MANY occasions where someone would just get into my lane and just act like i'm not even there.
im not even talking about the people who didnt see me. i had dozens of people switch lanes while they were behind me and just try to drive through me.
i wear a bright helmet and have a reflective blinking led armband, and reflective stickers all over my bike. a person behind me cant not see me. if a headlight beam hits me i am glowing like freaking tron.
people just didnt care.

woodlands speedway- er parkway was like that too. as soon as i got off panther creek i had better be doing at least 60 because here comes the horde!
it got better when the woodlands gained a bunch of extra deputies for patrol, but not a whole lot better.
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #96
mevans24
RIP S. Rios.
 
mevans24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 226

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
04' R6









Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post
when i had to commute up 45 to get to work, i had MANY occasions where someone would just get into my lane and just act like i'm not even there.
im not even talking about the people who didnt see me. i had dozens of people switch lanes while they were behind me and just try to drive through me.
i wear a bright helmet and have a reflective blinking led armband, and reflective stickers all over my bike. a person behind me cant not see me. if a headlight beam hits me i am glowing like freaking tron.
people just didnt care.

woodlands speedway- er parkway was like that too. as soon as i got off panther creek i had better be doing at least 60 because here comes the horde!
it got better when the woodlands gained a bunch of extra deputies for patrol, but not a whole lot better.
Or they could be trying to run you over cuz they thought all that was annoying? Just a thought
mevans24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:30 PM   #97
Squoddybody
This is me.
 
Squoddybody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hillbilly
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 22,185

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650






I pretty much hate every other driver/rider on the road when I'm on the bike or in the car. I can't stand looking over and seeing somebody texting on their phone (men and women alike), reading, putting on makeup, working on their computer... etc. When you're driving you should be paying attention to driving - nothing else.

I also can't stand that people are allowed to drive if they make a 70% on their written test. They shouldn't have only 40 questions and have to get some of them correct, they should have ALL the questions (about 200) and you should have to get 90% of them correct. And if you don't know the rules, you have no freakin' business on the road.
__________________
THIS is me on my motorcycle. Any Questions?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #98
markn8442
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: denison, texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 196

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 kawasaki 636
Specializes Epic
KTMEXC200
KTTM640 Adventure
z50






i really can't stand this

1) i really can't stand it when a fully-loaded cement truck runs head-on into me when we are each traveling at 150mph.
2) it really torques my jaws when i hit a brick wall when i am tapped out in top gear carrying a backpack full of explosives.
3) it ticks me off when a dumptruck hits me head-on and pushes me off a 2000 ft. cliff onto a pile of rattlesnakes and broken granite.
for obvious reasons, i mostly ride dirt bikes.
markn8442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:39 PM   #99
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place
 
BaylorNinja500's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Off 290
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,822

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc








Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
I pretty much hate every other driver/rider on the road when I'm on the bike or in the car. I can't stand looking over and seeing somebody texting on their phone (men and women alike), reading, putting on makeup, working on their computer... etc. When you're driving you should be paying attention to driving - nothing else.

I also can't stand that people are allowed to drive if they make a 70% on their written test. They shouldn't have only 40 questions and have to get some of them correct, they should have ALL the questions (about 200) and you should have to get 90% of them correct. And if you don't know the rules, you have no freakin' business on the road.
man, i used to think this would help solve everything too. make it much more difficult to get a DL. but really what it comes down to is it's impossible to NEVER have accidents, but if ppl keep choosing to drink and drive, and text and drive, 's gonna happen.

i mean, DUI's have serious consequences, and ppl STILL do it.... retarded
__________________
BaylorNinja500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #100
mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
I pretty much hate every other driver/rider on the road when I'm on the bike or in the car. I can't stand looking over and seeing somebody texting on their phone (men and women alike), reading, putting on makeup, working on their computer... etc. When you're driving you should be paying attention to driving - nothing else.

I also can't stand that people are allowed to drive if they make a 70% on their written test. They shouldn't have only 40 questions and have to get some of them correct, they should have ALL the questions (about 200) and you should have to get 90% of them correct. And if you don't know the rules, you have no freakin' business on the road.
Finally, and I always thought it was just me . I talked to somebody once who truly believed that getting a license here was sooo hard. When I told her what I had to go through to get mine in Germany she looked at me like I'm from another planet (which I am sort of but .. ).

<sarcasm>But paying attention to traffic is sooo boring</sarcasm>
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy