MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
nels

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
01 Silver/Black F4i-SOLD =(

workout schedule

Okie dokie, I did a search on here cuz I know there were some discussions on working out. I didn't see anything as far as scheduling. I know there are some workout buffs on here so...what are some schedules you guys do, as far as muscles and days? I used to lift about 6 years back, and had good results, then I stopped, and my body went to . When I used to work out, for one session, i would do alternate muscles, like chest and bi's, 2 days later...back and shoulders, 2 days later.. tri's, legs and abs. I'm getting back into it (this time including cardio) and I know there's also new studies/improvements on lifting. Suggestions?... btw, my main goal is to lost my gut, then tone up. Thanks doots
nels is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Workout Wednesday DLite Off Topic 8 04-02-2015 01:34 PM
5 by 5 workout Nuclear Health and Fitness 18 03-30-2013 02:09 PM
Best workout Ever!!! BYRDMAN Health and Fitness 5 01-19-2012 10:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2006, 11:04 AM   #2
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Start by doing some pushups and situps?

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:08 AM   #3
PORSCHITO

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO
back and shoulder dont mix do one large muscle and one small ...

like back and tri...
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:10 AM   #4
MACK
I'm voice activated

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade
'03 Yamaha Zuma 50
'03 Hoe owne 24...biach
and your maum'z!!!

Member Garage

just ask da govana......nnnnaaaaaggggnnnnnggnnnnnnggaaaaaa
Old 06-23-2006, 11:13 AM   #5
Silence

Feedback Rating: (0)

If you want to lose weight by lifting, Keep you rest periods short. 60 -90 seconds between sets. Also, try to incorporate multi-joint lifts. things like presses and pulls ( rows ). Moves like curles and tricep kickbacks and leg extensions only work one muscle at a time and arent as effective for building muscle and losing fat.

If you really want to burn fat, Kick you leg days into high gear. Legs are the biggest muscles in your body and burn the most calories when worked. Squats, deadlifts, legpress, lunges are going to be your bread and butter moves. dont forget your calves.

3 days of lifting a week is good, 4 days is better. 5 days and you are risking overtraining.

As far as cardio is concerned, long distances on will conteract your lifting by burning up your hard earned muscle. Thats why distance runners and triathletes are not built.
SPRINTS...if you want to burn up fat and build muscle, this is what you need for cardio. Not 45 minutes on the eliptical machine.

Trust me on these tips...and they are just tips, to help you out. I know what I am talking about. I play football for a minor league team and I was a UH walk-on at Cornerback. These workout tips keep me looking better than most dudes out there.

good luck. let me know if you have any more question about diets and supplements as well.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:15 AM   #6
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silence
If you want to lose weight by lifting, Keep you rest periods short. 60 -90 seconds between sets. Also, try to incorporate multi-joint lifts. things like presses and pulls ( rows ). Moves like curles and tricep kickbacks and leg extensions only work one muscle at a time and arent as effective for building muscle and losing fat.

If you really want to burn fat, Kick you leg days into high gear. Legs are the biggest muscles in your body and burn the most calories when worked. Squats, deadlifts, legpress, lunges are going to be your bread and butter moves. dont forget your calves.

3 days of lifting a week is good, 4 days is better. 5 days and you are risking overtraining.

As far as cardio is concerned, long distances on will conteract your lifting by burning up your hard earned muscle. Thats why distance runners and triathletes are not built.
SPRINTS...if you want to burn up fat and build muscle, this is what you need for cardio. Not 45 minutes on the eliptical machine.

Trust me on these tips...and they are just tips, to help you out. I know what I am talking about. I play football for a minor league team and I was a UH walk-on at Cornerback. These workout tips keep me looking better than most dudes out there.

good luck. let me know if you have any more question about diets and supplements as well.
good advice.

what do you know about using a stationary bicycle instead of a treadmill?
Old 06-23-2006, 11:20 AM   #7
elemental2

Bike(s):
zx6r

Send a message via ICQ to elemental2 Send a message via AIM to elemental2 Send a message via Yahoo to elemental2
i do 4 days lifting 2 days cardio

monday- cheast tri
tuesday - shoulders
wendsday- run/ sometimes legs
thursday- back bicep
friday off or play some raquet ball
sat run mabey light cheast workout

Lifting light

When i do a heavy set its usually
mon- cheast
Tuesday arms
Wendsday- run
thursday- shoulders
friday - back legs
sat- run

Toss in abs every to every other day depending how long u work em out and your set

3X10 works good on light weights
8 6 4 2 works good on heavy work your way up on weights remember its not how much you can lift but how well you do and how much it burns
If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted or Beethoven composed music He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause and say, "Here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well..."

Don't take life to seriously; no one gets out alive.
elemental2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:20 AM   #8
michellies
Mrs. HoPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
good advice.

stair master all the way baby. hahahah
FULL SERVICE MOTORCYCLE SHOP
(281) 651-1961
michellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:35 AM   #9
Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
good advice.

Stationary bike is good. Still burns calories but its alot less stress on your joints. I would recommend taking a spinning class if your gym offers it for free. Its like a high intensity cycling class thats alot of fun...there are usually alot of goodlooking women in there as well.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:35 AM   #10
Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemental2
i do 4 days lifting 2 days cardio

monday- cheast tri
tuesday - shoulders
wendsday- run/ sometimes legs
thursday- back bicep
friday off or play some raquet ball
sat run mabey light cheast workout

Lifting light

When i do a heavy set its usually
mon- cheast
Tuesday arms
Wendsday- run
thursday- shoulders
friday - back legs
sat- run

Toss in abs every to every other day depending how long u work em out and your set

3X10 works good on light weights
8 6 4 2 works good on heavy work your way up on weights remember its not how much you can lift but how well you do and how much it burns
Sounds good to me...
Old 06-23-2006, 11:43 AM   #11
elemental2

Bike(s):
zx6r

Send a message via ICQ to elemental2 Send a message via AIM to elemental2 Send a message via Yahoo to elemental2
Quote:
Stationary bike is good. Still burns calories but its alot less stress on your joints. I would recommend taking a spinning class if your gym offers it for free. Its like a high intensity cycling class thats alot of fun...there are usually alot of goodlooking women in there as well.
word plus time goes by fast and its fun
If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted or Beethoven composed music He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause and say, "Here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well..."

Old 06-23-2006, 11:46 AM   #12
BLiP

Experience: 9 years

What exactly is this could one of you expain it more. I have also been going to the gym and I am in good shape I am really toned, I just want to bulk up more I am 6'1 and about 150#s so yeah any advice there. I already drink a protein shake when I workout and I don't really care what I eat I just plain eat alot.
BLiP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:48 AM   #13
PORSCHITO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiP
What exactly is this could one of you expain it more. I have also been going to the gym and I am in good shape I am really toned, I just want to bulk up more I am 6'1 and about 150#s so yeah any advice there. I already drink a protein shake when I workout and I don't really care what I eat I just plain eat alot.
to loose weight u have to do longer repetitions with less weight then usual that my .02
Old 06-23-2006, 11:51 AM   #14
elemental2

Bike(s):
zx6r

its fine if you eat alot just spread it out durint the day 6-8 meals get ure protein in but dont forget carbs everything in moderation u need fats 2 but get good ones sub in french fries for a back potatoe with the skin change ure pasta from processd to whole wheat ure bread from white to whole wheat takes longer to digest keeps u full longer

like start out say ok i do this on bench

Warmup 10*145
8X185
6*205
4*225
2*255

Old 06-23-2006, 11:52 AM   #15
elemental2

Bike(s):
zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by PORSCHITO
to loose weight u have to do longer repetitions with less weight then usual that my .02
hes not wanting to lose weight from what im understanding but to gain mass

Old 06-23-2006, 11:53 AM   #16
PORSCHITO

my bad i saw loosing ... then go with what elemental said... and get some animal stacks lol....
Old 06-23-2006, 11:56 AM   #17
PORSCHITO

'my main goal is to lost my gut, then tone up. Thanks doots'
Old 06-23-2006, 11:57 AM   #18
nels

Bike(s):

Quote:

cool
Old 06-23-2006, 11:57 AM   #19
Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemental2
its fine if you eat alot just spread it out durint the day 6-8 meals get ure protein in but dont forget carbs everything in moderation u need fats 2 but get good ones sub in french fries for a back potatoe with the skin change ure pasta from processd to whole wheat ure bread from white to whole wheat takes longer to digest keeps u full longer

like start out say ok i do this on bench

Warmup 10*145
8X185
6*205
4*225
2*255
Hey man, you stole my bench workout...j/j. But seriously, thats good nutrition advice. When I am on a major workout kick, I eat all the time and I seem like I am allways hungry. You will be suprised how much your body needs to take in when you are really active in the gym. Spread your meals out like elemental says and you will actually lose weight, even though you feel like you are eating all the time. It can be kinda hard to get 6-8 meals, so mix in a protein shake or bar, or some fruit for an in between meal snack.

I dont even need to tell you to stay off the sugar. NO COKE. NO CANDY. NO FAST FOOD.
Noone said its easy to look good. My friends always get on my case cause I dont eat all the junk they eat but when its time to go to the river and we take our shirts off, they will be the ones whose feelings are hurt. ---Thats what makes it all worthwhile.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:59 AM   #20
nels

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by PORSCHITO
my bad i saw loosing ... then go with what elemental said... and get some animal stacks lol....
yeah, porschito was right. i got a gut which i want/need to lose. then tone/build up. i dont think it would be too effective to get built, but still have the fat coverin the muscle

Advertisement