Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
Q8ypilot

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
hyosung GT250r (sold)
09 Kawasaki ZX6R

Member Garage

question about parking lights!!

ok guys i got parking lights for my 09 zx6r,they are blue LED'S ,i put them on ,they look great but my question is ,are they illegal to be on the bike?!
i mean when my lights are on they are less blue since the headlights are brighter,so if you guys and just help me and let me know if i can have them on the bike,thanks!!
Q8ypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Regarding Legality of Lights CBR_TRAN Vintage / Cafe Racers 10 07-14-2012 12:50 AM
Newbie parking question GSXR_911 General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 05-23-2009 03:47 PM
Parking question for bikes. Sniper1 How To's and Q & A's 13 10-22-2008 04:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I dont think you have to have them anyway. Should be illegal. When parked I think you can have any friggin light you want.
bluewave18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
Q8ypilot

Bike(s):
hyosung GT250r (sold)
09 Kawasaki ZX6R

Member Garage

i mean just like all the bikes,before you stat the bike they are on and when its started the headlights turn on and the p.lights stay on too! ,so iam just trying to find out if its legal or not!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Should be cool. There is more wording on legality concerning blinking or strobing if I remember right. Dont worry about it . I have blue leds too. And IDGAF!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #5
Q8ypilot

Bike(s):
hyosung GT250r (sold)
09 Kawasaki ZX6R

Member Garage

thanks for your help bluewave18,but iam trying to get a forsure answer!!
Old 05-28-2010, 03:52 PM   #6
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

google it then. It can be found.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #7
NgaWhat

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Gsxr 600

i think it should be legal.....dont forget major word "THINK" because i really dont know

but anything that adds to visibility to a bike should be a plus, unless they are lights that immitate LEO, ambulance, fire depot, etc etc

also if they blind the living out of other cars at night.....they shouldnt be legal

but anything else like regular neons or wheel lights...

this will prob be more of a topic on safety for bikers so people can see the motorcycles better at night
NgaWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:36 PM   #8
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

In recent weeks we have experienced an increase in telephone calls concerning warning lights on security vehicles. The Private Security Act does not address this issue, however, reference is made to the Texas Transportation Code. Section 547.305, restrictions on use of lights which states:
(a)a motor vehicle lamp or illuminating device, other than a headlamp, stop lamp, auxiliary lamp, turn signal lamp, or emergency vehicle or school bus warning lamp, that projects a beam with an intensity brighter than 300 candlepower shall be directed so that no part of the high-intensity portion of the beam strikes the roadway at a distance of more than 75 feet from the vehicle.
(b)except as expressly authorized by law, a person may not operate or move equipment or a vehicle, other than a police vehicle with a lamp or device that displays a red light visible from directly in front of the center of the equipment or vehicle.
(c)a person may not operate a motor vehicle equipped with a red, white, or blue beacon, flashing, or alternating lights unless the equipment is:
(1)used as specifically authorized by this chapter; or
(2)a running lamp, tail lamp, backup lamp, or turn signal lamp that is used as authorized by law.
(3)a vehicle may be equipped with alternately flashing lighting equipment described by Section 547.701 or 547.702 only if the vehicle is:
(1)a school bus.
(2)an authorized emergency vehicle;
(3)a church bus that has the words “church bus” printed on the front and rear of the bus so as to be clearly discernable to other vehicle operators;
(4)a tow truck while under the direction of a law enforcement officer at the scene of an accident or while hooking up to a disabled vehicle on a roadway; or
(5)a tow truck with a mounted light bar, which has turn signals and stop lamps in addition to those required by Sections 547.322, 547.323, and 547.324, Transportation Code.
(e)a person may not operate highway maintenance or service equipment, including show-removal equipment, that is not equipped with lamps or that does not display lighted lamps is required by the standards and specifications adapted by the Texas Department of Transportation.
(f)in this section, “tow truck” means a motor vehicle or mechanical device that is adapted or used to tow, winch, or move a disabled vehicle.

Further information is available in Section 541.201 of the Transportation Code. In pertinent part, 541.201 states ----------. In this subtitle: (1)“Authorized emergency vehicle” means:
(A)a fire department or police vehicle.
(B)a public or private ambulance operated by a person who has been issued a license by the Texas Department of Health;
(C)a municipal department of public service corporation emergency vehicle that has been designated or authorized by the governing body of a municipality;
(D)a private vehicle of a volunteer firefighter or a certified emergency medical services employee or volunteer when responding to a fire alarm or medical emergency;
(E)an industrial emergency response vehicle, including an industrial ambulance, when responding to an emergency, but only if the vehicle is operated in compliance with criteria in effect September 1, 1989, and established by the Texas Industrial Fire Training Board of the State Firemen’s and Fire Marshall’s Association of Texas; or
(F)a vehicle of a blood bank or tissue bank, accredited or approved under laws of this State or the United States, when making emergency deliveries of blood, drugs, medicines, or organs................

Check with your local law enforcement agency or the Texas Highway Patrol if you have questions about these sections of the Transportation Code.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:46 PM   #9
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

basically it is legal, but mr. po po can and will give you a hard time, contempt of cop is becomming a very big thing(in their mind anyway) even though no such law exists. cops really don't know the law unless they went and looked it up, I have had cops tell me that green lights can't be used unless you have oxygen on your vehicle, the color resrtictions were removed about 10 or more years ago so , use them even DPS says to use marker lights on your bike to enhance the noticability or your bike. and don't check with law enforcement about anything, cops have opinions same as the cops problem is that his is real tight and therefore they are full of ! ask a lawyer, the cop is going to do what ever he pleases, not if its legal or not

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement