MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2010, 07:55 AM   #41
Snow
Can I kick it?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
money is not my concern Snow if you rode a duc you would understand

The duc is not as nimble as the 600's so i will be more competitive on a 600 than on my duc.... the top speed of my duc is pretty much the same as the R6 so there is no actual advantage to track the duc.
I see. Well, you bring the duc and I will ride it! Just kiddin!

Just so we are clear, I never whined about the ride. I pointed out crazy stuff going down. I didn't get a ticket, I didn't get hurt, I didn't get left behind. I actually had a pretty good time.

Nothing against the SMR though. Whoever wants to come, comes. Frank can only do so much about that. Whoever got the tickets just has to face the consequences... there WERE people in the very very back that actually didn't get tickets, who the cop passed... this is because they weren't actually going 100+ on the freeway.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SW Sunday Morning Ride May 12th. sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 95 05-23-2013 11:23 AM
**** SMR (Sunday Morning Ride 12/30) NOOB Ride Lucar Events, Meets and Rides 69 01-05-2013 09:33 PM
SUNDAY MORNING RIDE SW BLAKE81 Events, Meets and Rides 4 05-13-2012 07:23 AM
SW Sunday Ride August 30 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 40 08-30-2009 06:50 PM
Sunday morning.. Crab river SW 12/30 aboo007 Events, Meets and Rides 7 12-28-2007 11:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2010, 08:14 AM   #42
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Nothing against the SMR though. Whoever wants to come, comes. Frank can only do so much about that. Whoever got the tickets just has to face the consequences... there WERE people in the very very back that actually didn't get tickets, who the cop passed... this is because they weren't actually going 100+ on the freeway.
This is why my rides are boring. I seldom of ever speed on the straights..

For a couple reasons..

1. anyone can go fast in a straight line, so what
2. odds of getting nailed doing +20 or 30 on a straight, versus +20 or 30 in a corner, about 10 to 1
3. purpose of my riding is to have fun on the curves.. highways and straights are just a means to get to the next turn, so look at 1 and 2 to understand

Either way, my point of view is that it's up to the leader to set the pace. And it's up to the rest to decide whether the pace is good for them i.e. ride your own ride.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
Old 05-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #43
mizpah
vé con dios

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 Kaw ZR750S

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post

For a couple reasons..

2. odds of getting nailed doing +20 or 30 on a straight, versus +20 or 30 in a corner, about 10 to 1
3. purpose of my riding is to have fun on the curves.. highways and straights are just a means to get to the next turn, so look at 1 and 2 to understand

Either way, my point of view is that it's up to the leader to set the pace. And it's up to the rest to decide whether the pace is good for them i.e. ride your own ride.
+1 IMHO
Old 05-29-2010, 10:16 AM   #44
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350zaid View Post
haha i got a flat tire on hwy 59 and williams trace, he came and patched it up for me ready to ride again haha
I'm the Guy that would do anything to help you out.
Even if I had to get off from work to come see you and then go home pick up my compressor and tire repair kit when is over 95'f outside and go back and help you!!. Lolololol
what did the sugarland cop said.???
Old 05-29-2010, 10:33 AM   #45
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

I'd like to go to this but you guys head out there way too late. I see you guys just about every Sunday, except I'm headed home when you guys are just making it out there. Safe ride!
Old 05-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #46
Eric6R

Experience: 4-8 months

Quote:

For a couple reasons..

This is exactly how i ride when i am alone or with one or two others.
But the reality of putting 15-20 individual people with different skill levels and different ideas of what fun is together on 150-180MPH bikes with a long distance to cover is that just isnt going to happen often unless its a very close knit group. at least this is how it appears to me.
I am new to the smr but the pace from A to B was quite moderate last week I dont see what all the FUSS is about. If the pace is too fast,or you dont feel comfy SLOW DOWN the throttle is in YOUR right hand. The signup post every week says this ride can get serious WTF do you expect
Old 05-29-2010, 11:40 AM   #47
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr F. View Post
I'd like to go to this but you guys head out there way too late. I see you guys just about every Sunday, except I'm headed home when you guys are just making it out there. Safe ride!
I haven't been riding with you in so........long.
Lets ride tomorrow early in the Morning then ill meet up with smr after you and I are done?!?!?!....
Old 05-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #48
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark06gsxr View Post

If I started a new thread Im sure that would be over the top..
1:33pm
I am really curious about what other members of MH have to say about this particular situation so i made a new thread/poll.

8:39pm
Well it's been 7 hours since the poll was posted and the results pretty much speak for itself, here is the link:
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=143007

Last edited by sunday_rider; 05-29-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:25 PM   #49
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
Is this the dude that came out to ASI wed?? I didnt get to introduce myself I was kinda tired... sorry lol
Waddup AJ....nice meeting you

-Bryan-
Old 05-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #50
350zaid

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-6R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
I'm the Guy that would do anything to help you out.
Even if I had to get off from work to come see you and then go home pick up my compressor and tire repair kit when is over 95'f outside and go back and help you!!. Lolololol
what did the sugarland cop said.???
haha that cop was like can i see some ID's and and asked what happened and my other friend didn't have his M class so the cop was asking whos other bike it was lol pretty epic sitting on the side for like good hr or more
Old 05-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #51
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

Quote:

For a couple reasons..

Whoever has come to my rides know this much as well.

You guys be safe tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:05 PM   #52
aboo007

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2014 CB1000R Black/Gold
'04 ZX636R (sold)
07' Honda CBR 600rr
07' Honda 919 (sold)
04' Suzuki Intruder (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to aboo007
Quote:
Originally Posted by baditalian00 View Post
Waddup AJ....nice meeting you

-Bryan-
Dude was up this is AJ ( Amjad ) ...
Old 05-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #53
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Just updated the rules to include another clause regarding the responsibility of each rider when riding in a big group.

I know it wasn't really necessary for most of us, but there is always that 4.55% of riders that think it's everybody's fault but theirs when it comes to getting a speeding ticket during a group ride and i just wanted to put it in writing to avoid future misunderstandings!

Last edited by sunday_rider; 05-29-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #54
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

^^^lololol..............by the way..........it was your fault last sunday i almost crashed!
you should have been in front of me. !!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 10:09 PM   #55
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
1:33pm
I am really curious about what other members of MH have to say about this particular situation so i made a new thread/poll.

8:39pm
Well it's been 7 hours since the poll was posted and the results pretty much speak for itself, here is the link:
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=143007
Wow dude.. I tried to drop it.. Looks like your the one now.

Great poll btw.

Edit: U really have no idea about the past around here. Its gotten pretty nasty with some of the SMR's to the point that people were threatening to call the police, and give exact routes, and exact times where people will be, and where to wait. Im sure I could have blown up that bad, and tried to stop everyone from going period. I never said dont go. My warning was a bit sarcastic, but I wasnt joking when I said some of those guys spilled the beans.. or not that is good info to me, and I would want to know if someone was just sitting and waiting to to whole ride.

Last edited by Mark06gsxr; 05-29-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #56
crazivi3tdude
Commander in Chief !!!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Mongoose
C
B
R

Send a message via AIM to crazivi3tdude
I don't see what the is about... If you speed, you get ticketed, then tough luck!

If you join SMR... Your too slow, got left behind, Tough Luck!

If you come out to play, and everyone else is hauling !, passing the out of you... And you off!!!.... Tough Luck!

If you go to war, I bet you'd bring your guns....so simply sayIng you come out to ride with faces u don't know... happens!

Yes! my name is Ninja!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 11:29 PM   #57
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazivi3tdude View Post
I don't see what the is about... If you speed, you get ticketed, then tough luck!

If you join SMR... Your too slow, got left behind, Tough Luck!

If you come out to play, and everyone else is hauling !, passing the out of you... And you off!!!.... Tough Luck!

If you go to war, I bet you'd bring your guns....so simply sayIng you come out to ride with faces u don't know... happens!

Did u even read my last post? I'm wayyyyy over it already. I was kinda joking in my initial post but op is took it very personal and trying to say he isn't at the same time. There is no argument about tickets etc. So please at least try to keep up
Old 05-30-2010, 12:26 AM   #58
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark06gsxr View Post
Did u even read my last post? I'm wayyyyy over it already. I was kinda joking in my initial post but op is took it very personal and trying to say he isn't at the same time. There is no argument about tickets etc. So please at least try to keep up
Hey Mark, don't contradict yourself in the same thread its pretty obvious that a week later, you are still holding a grudge like a little 2 years old kid against the group that had nothing to do at all with you getting a speeding ticket....

here is to refresh your mind:
Yeah im hating/crying etc.. It is what it is. There is a lot more personal stuff bothering me that prob didnt help me hold back on this one.. oh well..

As far as me taking it personal..... please.... i was just trying to make a point that most people so far thinks that it is your own fault that you got ticketed and not the group's fault.... you are the only hard headed person in here that don't get it it's 45 votes vs 3 so far? and one of those was obviously yourself lol

In case you didn't read it before, we have been doing our SMRs for over 6 years now and everybody seems to be happy with it We all come out to have fun and nobody has any reason to hate....

I have never been to your rides so i cannot comment on them but obviously there was something wrong and thats why it got nasty and people started hating on your smr.... that was your case..... it's obviously NOT our case here!

Like i said it before Mark, it's time to move on and enjoy your weekend, don't hold so much hate for something this simple, if you didn't agree with our SMR, just don't come, as simple as that i am sure nobody will miss you at all

Last edited by sunday_rider; 05-30-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #59
Chino
We need Emotional Content

Bike(s):
R6's

Won't be able to make... Didn't wake up on time
Old 05-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #60
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

While I don't agree with how Markgsxr went about his "warning", I do believe it might be a favor for people thinking about going on these rides.

You talk about keeping 2 bike length distances at all times....
then floyd600 talks about a few people passing in the turns.

Then you post an excerpt from "The Pace" which talks about your lane being your limit and intolerable to break. Then someone posts a vid of someone going from outside of the lane to outside oncoming traffic lane in a turn.

I guess it seems that the way the ride is setup to how it actually is run, is a bit deceiving. Might want to clarify so there is no confusion. Just my observations on the hot topic of SMRs.

Seems like most are having fun which is great though!

Advertisement