Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #21
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark06gsxr View Post
If you go on this ride: Be prepared to have people riding all over the road, trying to leave people behind, and generally unorganized behavior. Oh and did I mention watch for the state troopers cause they were prodding at the guys who got pulled over last weekend for info. Im sure they prob know half the route by now and would love to bend every last one of you guys over and ream your out with a big ticket.

Have a nice ride
The only time I see a lot of passing is riding from point A to point B. If you Are slowing everyone down....then....you will get passed!.

On the twistis......one or two pass. That's it! !!!!

Last edited by floyd600; 05-29-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SW Sunday Morning Ride May 12th. sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 95 05-23-2013 11:23 AM
**** SMR (Sunday Morning Ride 12/30) NOOB Ride Lucar Events, Meets and Rides 69 01-05-2013 09:33 PM
SUNDAY MORNING RIDE SW BLAKE81 Events, Meets and Rides 4 05-13-2012 07:23 AM
SW Sunday Ride August 30 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 40 08-30-2009 06:50 PM
Sunday morning.. Crab river SW 12/30 aboo007 Events, Meets and Rides 7 12-28-2007 11:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #22
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
The only time I see a lot of passing is riding from point A to point B. If you. Are slowing everyone down....then....you will get passes!.

On the twistis......one or two pass. That's it! !!!!
It was generally pretty chaotic. Ive been on a lot of group rides and this one is by far the least organized.

Btw dont worry bout me . I think you got bigger fish to fry working on staying on your own line

If you ever decide to do a track day lemme know. I can show you how to do it
Old 05-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #23
Snow
Can I kick it?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Yall have fun and be safe!

Floyd, glad to see you plan to keep it toned down. All the cool kids sit in the back.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #24
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
I am holding a slight grudge but I thought it was appropriate to put out what happened last week and that those troopers have the inside scoop on your ride. So call it fair warning that the heat is on, or call it me about it. Doesnt matter one way or the other. At one point I was on your side of the fence, and was defending our smr (which was way smaller and a lot more organized might I add) but I've found a better way. My curiosity got the best of me that day, and I decided to come. I feel ok about a big ticket thought cause its my reminder how stupid it is to try to act like a racer on the street. In all actuality it will prob make me avoid rides all together, and if I can tell my story and keep others from getting in my situation then I will. End of story.

As far as you trying to poke fun at my "riding lvl" why dont you come on out and try to follow me around on that liter bike and get humbled?
you know Mark, i might just do that once my shoulder injury gets better... and no, i won't be tracking my duck..... considering a 600cc for the track.

i am a pretty humble guy if you really gave it a chance to actually know me. I just thought your constant about our SMR was a little childish and trying to blame other for your own actions a bit immature, that's is why i replied to your post and see if you can see this from a different perspective once you set your anger/grudge aside. Have you noticed how the other 5 riders never complained? instead they just maned up and accepted their responsibility without having to look for excuses and trying to blame on others.

Don't take it personal, cause i honestly don't..... if you pay close attention to the list of riders on our SMRs, you will see that most of them are regulars, so in turn you are really preaching to the wrong crowd so i just wanted to bring it to your attention and save you some of your valuable time.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #25
Snow
Can I kick it?

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
you know Mark, i might just do that once my shoulder injury gets better... and no, i won't be tracking my duck..... considering a 600cc for the track.

Awwww why not?! Lol. I know I'd be scared as frick to track a duc... but then again if I had the money for one I'd prob track it. That's what it was built for right? I see quite a few guys on ducs at the track days. Ya don't gonna go all out on it.... Maybe have your duc and 1 other cheaper track bike. Ya gotta ride it at least once in a track setting!
Old 05-28-2010, 10:01 PM   #26
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Edit: btw.. just cause you are a licensed CMRA racer doesnt necessarily mean your fast. I have seen some of those guys that make regular trackday riders look good. U dont have to be fast to get a license. U just have to ride a couple trackdays without crashing, and pay big bucks.. so you can think all you want about that one.
I completely agree with you.... i have heard the same thing about track day riders and i have seem my share of street riders making them look bad it goes both ways i guess

If you have done enough track days then you probably would know that the people that i mentioned are not the ones you think they got their license by not crashing or paying big bucks..... Sure, there are a few of those but don't naturally assume that everybody got their license that way, specially people that are known to be fast that you just don't seem to know about.

FYI check the times for #224 at MSRH and let me know if you can do better, and he is riding a smaller R6
Old 05-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #27
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Awwww why not?! Lol. I know I'd be scared as frick to track a duc... but then again if I had the money for one I'd prob track it. That's what it was built for right? I see quite a few guys on ducs at the track days. Ya don't gonna go all out on it.... Maybe have your duc and 1 other cheaper track bike. Ya gotta ride it at least once in a track setting!
money is not my concern Snow if you rode a duc you would understand

The duc is not as nimble as the 600's so i will be more competitive on a 600 than on my duc.... the top speed of my duc is pretty much the same as the R6 so there is no actual advantage to track the duc.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:06 PM   #28
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
It was generally pretty chaotic. Ive been on a lot of group rides and this one is by far the least organized.

Btw dont worry bout me . I think you got bigger fish to fry working on staying on your own line

If you ever decide to do a track day lemme know. I can show you how to do it
Would you please show me the line??? I will like to actually keep up with you.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:29 PM   #29
Chino
We need Emotional Content

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
R6's

I just dont get it... When people just get faster than average w/o achieving a significant milestones in racing world (like winning races/championship or setting track records)... Why do they feel the necessity to use their personal improvement as a resume/business card in a conversation?

Getting back to topic

1. sunday rider (07 1098 red/white)
2. shogun (09 R1 black)
3. tai (09 R1 black)
4. joe (07 R6 blue)
5. carlos (07 CBR1000RR silver)
6. tam (08 R6 yellow)
7. john (05 buell blue)
8. jellyfish (07 RSV1000)
9. eric6r (09 ninja6r green)
10. ninja (07 CBR 600RR white)
11. zman45 (08 ZX14 Midnight Blue)
12. calikid909 (09 R6 black)
13. Evrybhdy (06 CBR1000RR black)
14. badassitalian00 (06 SV650 blue)
15. floyd600 (07 R6 red)
16. Chino (08 R6) probably
Old 05-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #30
boner12
Mexican Kanevil

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06, 636 ( bulletproof)
99 zx9r sold
2010 ducati streetfighter

Quote:
I am holding a slight grudge but I thought it was appropriate to put out what happened last week and that those troopers have the inside scoop on your ride. So call it fair warning that the heat is on, or call it me about it. Doesnt matter one way or the other. At one point I was on your side of the fence, and was defending our smr (which was way smaller and a lot more organized might I add) but I've found a better way. My curiosity got the best of me that day, and I decided to come. I feel ok about a big ticket thought cause its my reminder how stupid it is to try to act like a racer on the street. In all actuality it will prob make me avoid rides all together, and if I can tell my story and keep others from getting in my situation then I will. End of story.

As far as you trying to poke fun at my "riding lvl" why dont you come on out and try to follow me around on that liter bike and get humbled?

Edit: btw.. just cause you are a licensed CMRA racer doesnt necessarily mean your fast. I have seen some of those guys that make regular trackday riders look good. U dont have to be fast to get a license. U just have to ride a couple trackdays without crashing, and pay big bucks.. so you can think all you want about that one.
bro ive gone to the smr... and not once have i heard someone cry or hate as much as u and snow.. the the thread starts by saying that it mite get to a spirted pace... if uall dont like it or cant hang just chill and quit bitchn about it.. take it to the track where u can play lvl 4 or watever number makes u feel faster and dont ride with groups if it makes u feel safer

just my .02 sent from my mobile

Last edited by boner12; 05-28-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:55 PM   #31
AJFLo

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by baditalian00 View Post
SIGN ME UP!!
Is this the dude that came out to ASI wed?? I didnt get to introduce myself I was kinda tired... sorry lol
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #32
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
Is this the dude that came out to ASI wed?? I didnt get to introduce myself I was kinda tired... sorry lol
yeap AJ, his name is Bryan on the blue SV650..... cool guy!
Old 05-28-2010, 11:29 PM   #33
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner12 View Post
bro ive gone to the smr... and not once have i heard someone cry or hate as much as u and snow.. the the thread starts by saying that it mite get to a spirted pace... if uall dont like it or cant hang just chill and quit bitchn about it.. take it to the track where u can play lvl 4 or watever number makes u feel faster and dont ride with groups if it makes u feel safer

Old 05-29-2010, 12:11 AM   #34
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner12 View Post

U obviously havent been around long enough. The smr's always get hated on eventually. I guess I just had an epiphany (if you will), and it happened on ur beloved smr..

Yeah im hating/crying etc.. It is what it is. There is a lot more personal stuff bothering me that prob didnt help me hold back on this one.. oh well..

Floyd: Not even gonna bother bro.. Ur def way to hard headed to take anyones advice, or to even try to learn anything. So all I can say is Dont die

Written from my keyboard
Old 05-29-2010, 12:45 AM   #35
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
U obviously havent been around long enough. The smr's always get hated on eventually. I guess I just had an epiphany (if you will), and it happened on ur beloved smr..

Yeah im hating/crying etc.. It is what it is. There is a lot more personal stuff bothering me that prob didnt help me hold back on this one.. oh well..

Floyd: Not even gonna bother bro.. Ur def way to hard headed to take anyones advice, or to even try to learn anything. So all I can say is Dont die

Written from my keyboard
how about starting a new thread where you can keep on hating or all want about our smr and expose your personal problems there for the people who care to read it and leave this one alone.....
Old 05-29-2010, 01:02 AM   #36
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
how about starting a new thread where you can keep on hating or all want about our smr and expose your personal problems there for the people who care to read it and leave this one alone.....

Just responding to what is said..

If I started a new thread Im sure that would be over the top..

Here, back on topic

1. sunday rider (07 1098 red/white)
2. shogun (09 R1 black)
3. tai (09 R1 black)
4. joe (07 R6 blue)
5. carlos (07 CBR1000RR silver)
6. tam (08 R6 yellow)
7. john (05 buell blue)
8. jellyfish (07 RSV1000)
9. eric6r (09 ninja6r green)
10. ninja (07 CBR 600RR white)
11. zman45 (08 ZX14 Midnight Blue)
12. calikid909 (09 R6 black)
13. Evrybhdy (06 CBR1000RR black)
14. badassitalian00 (06 SV650 blue)
15. floyd600 (07 R6 red)
16. Chino (08 R6) probably
17. Next:
Old 05-29-2010, 02:12 AM   #37
350zaid

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-6R

Member Garage

floyd saved me today so i have to come to the SMR now...so he can teach me the ways thats his main reasoning to stay in the back HEH
Old 05-29-2010, 02:13 AM   #38
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350zaid View Post
floyd saved me today so i have to come to the SMR now...so he can teach me the ways thats his main reasoning to stay in the back HEH
what happened today?
Old 05-29-2010, 02:15 AM   #39
350zaid

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-6R

Member Garage

haha i got a flat tire on hwy 59 and williams trace, he came and patched it up for me ready to ride again haha
Old 05-29-2010, 02:18 AM   #40
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

oh ok..... that is pretty cool! thought you almost got into an accident or something lol

Advertisement