MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #21
JBIRD5363

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
01 50
85 Honda atc 250 sx
95 dr 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
meh. Not really a super well written or thought out piece IMO.

"Harley's fastest motorcycle, the Sportster, isn't anywhere near deserving of its name. There is no "sport" to the Sportster, and with a 883cc engine..."
WTF? Does this guy really think an 883 sportster is harleys fastest bike?
He compeared it to a ninja 250 and the 883 lost
JBIRD5363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Group Riders Read This! - The Pace RACER X Events, Meets and Rides 44 09-27-2016 04:40 PM
I thought you dual sport riders would enjoy this read hurahn General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 10-09-2013 03:39 PM
Harley Riders lance8563 General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 08-13-2013 04:33 PM
BMW Riders/Honda Riders/Kawasaki Riders...read on BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-24-2008 05:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2010, 04:15 PM   #22
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
True...but there are a ton (actual unit of measurement overseas) of douchebags (did I spell that right?) with sportbikes. I think motorcycling in general has a lot of douchebags. It's like when I used to skate, I hated other skaters. 99% of them are degenerate douchebags. Same with bikes. I've especially noticed it now that I got this CBR a few weeks. The douchebags have come out of the woodwork like cockroaches and feel the need to come up to me and tell me about their high speed exploits and cop chases and freeway wheelies and ask me what kind of jacket and gloves I'm wearing. What kind of jacket do I have on...what are you a teenage girl? Dude I'm just trying to get a pack of smokes. For sake, this thing seems to attract nothing but douchebags. I wonder if there is some sort of like bug spray I could use to keep them at bay...oh wait...pepper spray.
+1..

i see guys at lunch with bikes and start up small talk, seems like in less than 50 words he needs to tell me about his x-treme top speed escapades. one guy even said he went really fast everywhere (like, in town, going to work) so he could lean and drag knee in the corners more and even out his tire wear
Old 05-26-2010, 09:15 PM   #23
SeaBasss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
01 CBR929RR
97 Suzuki RM250

Old 05-26-2010, 10:25 PM   #24
GradyB
One arm one leg gimp

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2008 GSX 650F RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfitzny View Post
This honest H-D commercial argues the same thing

Thats Great
GradyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:49 PM   #25
1340HIGH
1340HIGH

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley FXDC
420 Honda Rancher ATV

That was a long artical that made the same point over and over and over.
Guess the author loves to hate Harleys.

Yes from a true performance stand point Harleys are fighting physics by using long strokes and heavy reciprocating parts, and caveman valve trains, and tolerances large enough to run as air cooled engines.

Its my understandng that Harley delibertly under powers their bikes so they can sell performance pistons and big bore kits etc.

Anyhow it will remain an american ICON
Only a Harley is a Harley and only a Corvette is a Corvette.

The time is coming that they will need to meet new standards to meet emissions (Air cooled and carbs will be gone) and new perfromance demands from the younger sport bike riders as they age into crusier riders.

I met a older Harley guy in an ice house a month aqo I asked him about his shovel head. He was convinced the shovel head was the last really Harley.

Hey did anyone see the FISCHER American sport bike with Hosoung? (Korean engine)
I think it was on motor week last Sunday

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bike...her-mrx-650-l/
1340HIGH is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement