MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #61
Snow
Can I kick it?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
1. Does "RIP" or prayers sent change anything?
2. It was a joke. Calm down, Francis
1. It is respect. Yes, it does change significantly.

2. I responded to what you said. Nothing in my response signified that I was becoming heated.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I crashed today! KneeSlider General Discussion (Moto Related) 41 01-26-2014 12:38 AM
ALMOST CRASHED ALEXD Stunters Lounge 4 11-25-2008 09:56 AM
Almost crashed... almost! iCole General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 10-29-2008 10:58 PM
my crashed bike carlos flores General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 09-09-2007 09:23 PM
So I crashed today SVmike General Discussion (Moto Related) 68 07-31-2007 06:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #62
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose View Post
this is the dumbest i have ever read...nobody deserves to get brain damage etc. etc. OK lets just say he gets pulled over and then gets beat up by the police; let him learn his lesson that way. Remember that the rider has family and friends...he just made a costly mistake....your an idiot but i do agree with this making it worse for us all. Have you ever run?? Its just a reaction.....i have!! It was a dumb decision i know but i did even though i told myself i would never run. Luckily i was able to get away.
THis guy simply did not have the same skills as many of these guys on here. Hope he recovers....bunch of haters!!!!!
GOOOSE - CHILL. I don't think anyone 'deserves' physical harm for running from the police, and I would never believe that. This forum, like all forums are here to allow people to express their feelings, interpretations, etc. Calling me a dumbass is ignorant.

So a story gets posted about a fool making a stupid mistake, like you did. Even you just basically said that if he had better skills he could have made it... that in and of itself is stupid, and the core of the problem.

I don't hate him, I'm just reinforcing the fact that this behavior is destructive, anti-social, unhelpful to the rest of us riders with our interaction with the police (danger to us), and dangerous to the rest of the public. So, yes, I'm not happy with his behavior and I'm commenting about it.

I don't care if he is alive or dead or damaged, I'm not judging HIM I'm judging his BEHAVIOR.

That being said, if he is dead, it really doesn't matter to the conversation. THAT being said, being dead doesn't affect whether or not we should judge his behavior - there is MASSIVE precedent for judging the dead - happens all the time. There's no need to ease up because he also rides a motorcycle.

So in the interest of your own position - DON"T BASH ME FOR STATING MY OPINION - YOUR DOING JUST WHAT YOU THINK SHOULDN'T BE DONE TO THE OTHER RIDER. INSTEAD, TAKE ALL THE COMMENTS IN, MAKE YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT AND LIVE BY IT, AND GO ON WITH YOUR LIFE.

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #63
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
this is the dumbest i have ever read...nobody deserves to get brain damage etc. etc. OK lets just say he gets pulled over and then gets beat up by the police; let him learn his lesson that way. Remember that the rider has family and friends...he just made a costly mistake....your an idiot but i do agree with this making it worse for us all. Have you ever run?? Its just a reaction.....i have!! It was a dumb decision i know but i did even though i told myself i would never run. Luckily i was able to get away.
THis guy simply did not have the same skills as many of these guys on here. Hope he recovers....bunch of haters!!!!!
Make up your mind was it a reaction or a decision?

'bunch of haters'? that stupid little phrase is so pathetic and childish on so many levels. Go join the darn teen wherewolves.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #64
rick
R.I.P. "B"

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
o5 gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post

'bunch of haters'? that stupid little phrase is so pathetic and childish on so many levels. Go join the darn teen wherewolves.
+1
and to SNOW, you are an asshat. period. you need to enjoy the topic post a reply and stick to it. dont change it and say other stuff like i disagree then agree. that is just being a little asshat about things.
no im not upset, truth is i could care less about the rider, he is grown to own a bike hes grown to make his own mistakes. so i dont feel for him im just funny on how you reply and change your mind so quick. so rant on if you want.
this is not the first or the last thread like this. since 2005 this site has had probly more threads like this than your years of riding so sit back and enjoy the site and post your comments and stick to them.
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #65
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

this is entertainment. what the f*%k is an hat? i thought mh automatically made words like have *&#%@ in it.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:58 PM   #66
rick
R.I.P. "B"

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
o5 gsxr 750

off topic
SNOW have the MODS change you name from snow to soyer
now that will work. ill even get you a army green suit to ride with Francis.
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:15 PM   #67
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
+1 Haileyan.

I find that this view is shared more with the older group of experienced riders that have seen the same stuff over and over. But then again, the over 40 group seems to have a different viewpoint on life in general.. guess we were raised in a different time.
Well I am not quite over 40 but very close.
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #68
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

I seen gixxers, yami's, cbr's and zx's but bmw's runing from the man,,,,,, the !
Old 05-27-2010, 09:59 PM   #69
Snow
Can I kick it?

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
+1
and to SNOW, you are an asshat. period. you need to enjoy the topic post a reply and stick to it. dont change it and say other stuff like i disagree then agree. that is just being a little asshat about things.
no im not upset, truth is i could care less about the rider, he is grown to own a bike hes grown to make his own mistakes. so i dont feel for him im just funny on how you reply and change your mind so quick. so rant on if you want.
this is not the first or the last thread like this. since 2005 this site has had probly more threads like this than your years of riding so sit back and enjoy the site and post your comments and stick to them.
Dude, I did make my reply and I did stick to it. I only said I understand his way of thinking.

Ignorant like you are just incapable.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:08 PM   #70
goose
Goose

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R1
2005 yamaha r6 (sold)
2001 Gsxr 750 (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogenic View Post
GOOOSE - CHILL. I don't think anyone 'deserves' physical harm for running from the police, and I would never believe that. This forum, like all forums are here to allow people to express their feelings, interpretations, etc. Calling me a dumbass is ignorant.

So a story gets posted about a fool making a stupid mistake, like you did. Even you just basically said that if he had better skills he could have made it... that in and of itself is stupid, and the core of the problem.

I don't hate him, I'm just reinforcing the fact that this behavior is destructive, anti-social, unhelpful to the rest of us riders with our interaction with the police (danger to us), and dangerous to the rest of the public. So, yes, I'm not happy with his behavior and I'm commenting about it.

I don't care if he is alive or dead or damaged, I'm not judging HIM I'm judging his BEHAVIOR.

That being said, if he is dead, it really doesn't matter to the conversation. THAT being said, being dead doesn't affect whether or not we should judge his behavior - there is MASSIVE precedent for judging the dead - happens all the time. There's no need to ease up because he also rides a motorcycle.

So in the interest of your own position - DON"T BASH ME FOR STATING MY OPINION - YOUR DOING JUST WHAT YOU THINK SHOULDN'T BE DONE TO THE OTHER RIDER. INSTEAD, TAKE ALL THE COMMENTS IN, MAKE YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT AND LIVE BY IT, AND GO ON WITH YOUR LIFE.
ok i will chill.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #71
goose
Goose

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R1
2005 yamaha r6 (sold)
2001 Gsxr 750 (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post

I was taught to respect my elders....so I will!! Good day sir!!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #72
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose View Post
I was taught to respect my elders....so I will!! Good day sir!!
I could learn to like you... :-)
Old 05-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #73
goose
Goose

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R1
2005 yamaha r6 (sold)
2001 Gsxr 750 (gone)

so are we officially making up and kissing...well maybe not kissing???
Old 05-27-2010, 10:24 PM   #74
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

...ok now you'r starting to scare me.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:29 PM   #75
Snow
Can I kick it?

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Rick:

Belief and understanding are two totally different things.

I understand the Muslim faith. I understand why someone would choose to believe that way, just as I understand why some people choose to believe bashing a dead person is alright in some instances. I, however, do not believe that talking about a dead person is ever right.

There is a distinct difference between bashing someone and learning from their mistakes.

If you can not see these two differences, then us going back and forth is pointless.

Judging from all of your other posts, your inability to make sense and your immature references... I'd say it is rather pointless.

But hey, ignorance is bliss apparently, so you must be one happy guy. Too bad you sound like you have many issues to work out.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:28 PM   #76
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

, you drama queens blew this thread up good. LOL...

Way I see it... motorcycle + 3am + evading + high speed + no helmet + cops with a hard on for sport bike riders =

a) really smart
b) really stupid
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:48 AM   #77
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

c) a great way to start a thread
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:50 AM   #78
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

RIP and prayers sent to all the stupid that ran from the cops and died, amen
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:43 AM   #79
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

d) a great opportunity to learn from other's mistakes.

(Since, before this, I had no clue running lidless from the law could have such negative consequences.)

Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:47 AM   #80
Snow
Can I kick it?

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
RIP and prayers sent to all the stupid that ran from the cops and died, amen
Yay for compromise.