MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2010, 06:30 AM   #41
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

+1 Haileyan.

I find that this view is shared more with the older group of experienced riders that have seen the same stuff over and over. But then again, the over 40 group seems to have a different viewpoint on life in general.. guess we were raised in a different time.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I crashed today! KneeSlider General Discussion (Moto Related) 41 01-26-2014 12:38 AM
ALMOST CRASHED ALEXD Stunters Lounge 4 11-25-2008 09:56 AM
Almost crashed... almost! iCole General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 10-29-2008 10:58 PM
my crashed bike carlos flores General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 09-09-2007 09:23 PM
So I crashed today SVmike General Discussion (Moto Related) 68 07-31-2007 06:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2010, 06:47 AM   #42
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
+1 Haileyan.

I find that this view is shared more with the older group of experienced riders that have seen the same stuff over and over. But then again, the over 40 group seems to have a different viewpoint on life in general.. guess we were raised in a different time.
That's kooky talk
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:56 AM   #43
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:53 AM   #44
texasyankee

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Harley Low Rider
Kawi ZX6R (Track)

Quote:
+1 Haileyan.

Its not just that we were raised in different times but we have seen so much more. I'm 65 and have been riding over 30 years. I have no idea how many RIP threads I've seen or how many acquaintances have been killed. I ran out of tears years ago. As for sympathy for the survivors, the rider should have thought of that before getting on the bike and running from cops.
texasyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:19 AM   #45
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasyankee View Post
As for sympathy for the survivors, the rider should have thought of that before getting on the bike and running from cops.
+ 1.5 Billion
Old 05-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #46
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

I assure you, the current crop of 20-30 year olds have been raised in VERY different times. Take note of the current Pres... (even tho he didn't win the popular vote)
Old 05-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #47
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
I assure you, the current crop of 20-30 year olds have been raised in VERY different times. Take note of the current Pres... (even tho he didn't win the popular vote)
LETS get POLIIIITICAL.........: dance:

POLITICAL......

oh the song says PHYSICAL
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #48
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years

Quote:
I agree with you 99%, but I am 21 and ABSOLUTELY did not vote for him. I guess there are still some of us that have not been suckered into this bullshit...
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #49
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #50
BPJ28
BPJ28

Bike(s):
none

u sure are right about that
BPJ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #51
Snow
Can I kick it?

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
"disagreed, but understand", you are an asshat. which is it you side with? just be quiet and read threads before you post.
I understand a viewpoint, but I disagree with it. It is called not being ignorant. I read the entire thread, and the entire article.

I think you are a douche, yet if you die running from the police, I still wont diss your dumb .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
DO you think the dead, really care?
DO you think that bagging on the dead changes anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Including Hitler?
Including Hitler. What is the point at talking a whole bunch of about Hitler. We learn from his actions and mistakes, and move on. To sit around talking about Hitler does nothing.

---------------------

Then again, I forget where I am sometimes. This is talking central.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:36 PM   #52
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post

Including Hitler. What is the point at talking a whole bunch of about Hitler. We learn from his actions and mistakes, and move on. To sit around talking about Hitler does nothing.
Actually, a good healthy discussion of Hitler including his early speeches and plans would open up quite a few eyes and ears... history is doomed to repeat itself when you close the books on it and ignore its lessons.

Same thing when someone goes down or dies. An objective study of the cause and effect and a solid, open learning attitude would drop statistics measureably...

As opposed to the "they were a fellow rider, lets give them a RIP and toss some sympathy their way" attitude. Sorry, dumb is dumb regardless who they are.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #53
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post

1. Does "RIP" or prayers sent change anything?
2. It was a joke. Calm down, Francis
Old 05-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #54
Snow
Can I kick it?

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Quote:
Actually, a good healthy discussion of Hitler including his early speeches and plans would open up quite a few eyes and ears... history is doomed to repeat itself when you close the books on it and ignore its lessons.

Same thing when someone goes down or dies. An objective study of the cause and effect and a solid, open learning attitude would drop statistics measureably...

As opposed to the "they were a fellow rider, lets give them a RIP and toss some sympathy their way" attitude. Sorry, dumb is dumb regardless who they are.
Yes we learn from him as I have said. Sitting here talking about "what a dumbass" he was... is pointless.

No one here is objectively studying him. They are just saying "dumbass" and moving on to the next thread to smack and create drama.

There is absolutely no learning attitude here.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #55
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
I think it may stick in the head better of someone who reads it, than any 'condolences' etc do for the dead. from what I was raised to understand of the afterlife, it seems the dead would already know/understand why those 'bagging' on them are doing so and as such wouldn't be all that concerned with 'what' was said.

Quote:
Yes we learn from him as I have said. Sitting here talking about "what a dumbass" he was... is pointless.
No one here is objectively studying him. They are just saying "dumbass" and moving on to the next thread to smack and create drama.
There is absolutely no learning attitude here.
The post/thread is somewhat lax on details, which make it kind of hard to discuss.... but, instead of whining you could go try to find them and post them couldn't ya? The only real 'drama' at this point would be those complaining about the lack of sympathy.

Last edited by Ulric; 05-27-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:12 PM   #56
goose
Goose

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R1
2005 yamaha r6 (sold)
2001 Gsxr 750 (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogenic View Post
No, let the bashing continue. The whole respect for the dead thing is passe. This numnut is the kind of moron who makes our whole community end up with cops incensed to expect us to 'runners' and do crazy chit like shooting someone in the back, or drawing weapons unnecessarily, or running up behind us close to scare us before we run, even though most of us are not that completely brain-dead and wouldn't risk our freedom anyway..... this idiot doesn't serve the m/c community well at all and so deserves all the bashing he gets - dead or alive.
this is the dumbest i have ever read...nobody deserves to get brain damage etc. etc. OK lets just say he gets pulled over and then gets beat up by the police; let him learn his lesson that way. Remember that the rider has family and friends...he just made a costly mistake....your an idiot but i do agree with this making it worse for us all. Have you ever run?? Its just a reaction.....i have!! It was a dumb decision i know but i did even though i told myself i would never run. Luckily i was able to get away.
THis guy simply did not have the same skills as many of these guys on here. Hope he recovers....bunch of haters!!!!!
goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #57
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose View Post
this is the dumbest i have ever read...nobody deserves to get brain damage etc. etc. OK lets just say he gets pulled over and then gets beat up by the police; let him learn his lesson that way. Remember that the rider has family and friends...he just made a costly mistake....your an idiot but i do agree with this making it worse for us all. Have you ever run?? Its just a reaction.....i have!! It was a dumb decision i know but i did even though i told myself i would never run. Luckily i was able to get away.
THis guy simply did not have the same skills as many of these guys on here. Hope he recovers....bunch of haters!!!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #58
goose
Goose

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R1
2005 yamaha r6 (sold)
2001 Gsxr 750 (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haileyan View Post
Why would anyone come on the post to pay their respect to some moron that ran from the cops? Am I supposed to pay my respect just because he was on a bike? Pyrogenic is right, this person did absolutely nothing for our MC community other than bring it down yet another notch in the eyes of the public and police. I consider it my duty to this community to bash such behavior.

Additionally, I think threads like this are the best time to point out what was done wrong. Even RIP threads about the good guys who have fallen. If we do not take the time to learn something from these accidents then their deaths really were for nothing. I will say that their is a right and a wrong way to word it. My instinct is always to find out exactly what happened and then to ask "What could this person have done differently to avoid what happened?" You cannot interpret those questions as "bashing". Let our good members who have fallen have some legacy that might save a few peoples lives.

People here bash RacerX all the time but if you read his posts he is never emotional. His only goal is to ensure that people learn something from these unfortunate events. He really is trying to help people. I admire him for that as he continues despite the criticism.
I agree with learning from mistakes.... from good guys and even the "idiots". I know that when my buddy died on his bike i did not want to hear about how he was an "idiot". I especially did not want to hear it from guys who didn't even know him. Talking about it to learn and prevent is kool but talking about the rider is simply F-ed up......
goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #59
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500