Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
Badchev
Slow

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

7 Caught in Florida

Anyone else see this?

http://www.wftv.com/news/23653551/detail.html?cxntlid

Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Florida Time Lapse - Driving through Florida 6 Hours in 6 Minutes hughes40 Off Topic 7 02-17-2009 10:13 PM
Florida brainiacs RACER X Off Topic 4 04-04-2008 02:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Its really hard to get away from a helicopter, or so I hear
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

they should have all just split seven ways. Amatures.
Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:56 PM   #4
jrfitzny
Derriere Extraordinaire

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1948 Harley Flathead w/ sidecar
2008 Buell 1125R
2004 CRF Fiddy

Send a message via Skype™ to jrfitzny
53 year old?!?!?!
jrfitzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
PimpDaub
I'm Rat 'Tarded

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
1973 Honda Cb750 Four -Cafe in progress
2005 CRF50 STUNT - MONSTER ENERGY
2001 Suzuki DRZ400E/SM (SOLD) :-(
Don't worry, scrot. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick- lives.
My first bike was a 'Tard. She's a Pilot now."

Member Garage

that sux...

Check out the first one at the bottom of that page under headlines...

"man crashes into police car, trooper's car, & 3rd vehicle while looking for cell phone..."

That guy is a tool!

Heres the jump:
http://www.wftv.com/news/23653976/detail.html

He nailed the take-off, but when he landed, something terrible happened. His front tire exploded like a cannonball, and his handle bars went straight through his head. Blood was everywhere. His teeth were ground down to a powder, and the front of his face exploded out the back of his skull. He died instantly... the next day.
PimpDaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #6
Badchev
Slow

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
Yeah....even on a Busa.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:28 PM   #7
Badchev
Slow

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfitzny View Post
53 year old?!?!?!
You think youngsters are the only ones who ride fast?
Old 05-24-2010, 02:00 PM   #8
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
DepPravacion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #9
jrfitzny
Derriere Extraordinaire

Bike(s):
1948 Harley Flathead w/ sidecar
2008 Buell 1125R
2004 CRF Fiddy

Send a message via Skype™ to jrfitzny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badchev View Post
You think youngsters are the only ones who ride fast?
what happened to that saying:you'll see old bikers and crazy bikers, but not any old-crazy bikers?
jrfitzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:46 PM   #10
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
Quote:
what happened to that saying:you'll see old bikers and crazy bikers, but not any old-crazy bikers?
they dont get old till they stop riding dude
Old 05-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #11
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

Quote:
Yeah....even on a Busa.
Helicopter tops speed is about 145 maybe 150. And at those speed the helicopter is seriously burning up that JP5 or JP8 fuel. Thats a couple of grand to spend just to chase a motorcycle.

There ain't no police Helicoptor in the city of Houston that could fly 150 with out seriously endagering the planes that fly through here. Also wind is a lot worse for the helicopter up in the sky than a motorcycle on the ground

Now this is just make believe talk and if anyone takes this and tries to do it; you do it having read this disclaimer. "do not try this at home cause you will break the law and get arrested"

Having said that. There ain't no way a helicopter could hang with a motorcycle doing 170+ through or around houston.

If you look at the Infamous Dallas motorcycle chase on youtube. the helicopter was super far away and could not keep up. The dude slowed down and thats where he got caught.

Im sure the helicopter would run out of gas first flying at 150 than a motorcycle would.

Most typical helicopters can only go about 150mph or maybe a little faster. Compound helicopters or the V-22 Tilt-Rotor can fly at over 200mph or even 300mph.

The maximum airspeed of a helicopter is limited by the speed of the rotor blade. The speed of the tip of the blade can not go faster than the speed of sound or it will go through the sound barrier and start to form 'shock waves' which can lead to vibration.This can be alleviated somewhat by changing the angle of the leading edge on the tip so it sweeps back. This has been introduced on several helicopters such as the Apache, Black Hawk and Lynx.

The rotor blade turns about 50-60 revolutions per second although this is largely dependent on the length of the blade. The further out from the centre, the faster the rotational velocity and the faster the air is flowing over the blade. As the helicopter moves forward through the air, the velocity of the air over the advancing blades is the sum of the Forward Velocity Plus the rotational speed of the blade. Retarding blades do not suffer this problem as the airspeed at the tips is reduced, by virtue of the fact that the blades are travelling in the same direction as the airflow caused by flight.

For example: Suppose the speed of Rotor Blade tip (helo in a hover) = 350mph.

Speed of the Helicopter in flight = 150mph.

Speed of Advancing Blade (in flight) = 350 + 150 = 500mph

This simple calculation will determine the maximum speed of the helicopter.

The two coast guard helos I am familiar with are the old HH3-HF Pelican that had a V-Max forward airspeed of 142knots and the HH60 Jayhawk that is rated about 165
Old 05-24-2010, 03:34 PM   #12
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

Helicopter during the day vs Night is a whole different story.

Helicopter during the day 90% chance of getting caught.

Helicopter during the night with all motorcycle lights turned off at 150+ 10% of getting caught but also 50% you die or wreck. That is as long as you stay within the belt way.

Once outside. the sky is the limit.

Ride all the way to mexico 0% chance of getting caught

Once you cross into mexico 65% you will get a burrito in your corn hole
Old 05-24-2010, 05:05 PM   #13
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Trackdays: 1

COAST RIDER

very good and valid points, which I cant argue with, since everything is pretty much spot on.

but.. it depends on "caught" wording

you can see a hella lot further out at 1,000 ft, down range than you can at 5. of course like you said, thats daylight.

so in essence, the heli cant "catch" you, but it can co-ordinate others from a litteral birds eye view of the action. (thus overall a better ability to see than the units on the ground...of course I am talking line-of-site though too.) lot of variables com into play when running from FOX.

Last edited by GAU-8; 05-24-2010 at 05:08 PM.
GAU-8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #14
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
COAST RIDER

very good and valid points, which I cant argue with, since everything is pretty much spot on.

but.. it depends on "caught" wording

you can see a hella lot further out at 1,000 ft, down range than you can at 5. of course like you said, thats daylight.

so in essence, the heli cant "catch" you, but it can co-ordinate others from a litteral birds eye view of the action. (thus overall a better ability to see than the units on the ground...of course I am talking line-of-site though too.) lot of variables com into play when running from FOX.
Ya the helos ability to co-ordinate is also not so good.
The Helos transmit in UHF frequencies to Houston TRANSTAR. From Houston transtar the coordinate through HPD Distpatch. The dispatch communicates on VHF frequencies which are pretty shtty.

If however the helo is transmiting in VHF then possibly the can communicate directly with the cop cars as long as they have a good line of site of the cop car. And hopefully the cops radios are being inspected and PMS daily which I know for a fact they are not.

Half of the time the cops are chasing some one and they don't know why so then there just chasing them because they are running. Unless it aint "OFFICER DOWN" they don't pay much attention to motorcycle runing at excess speed.

Back to VHF. Houston VHF radios which are probably motorola Astro Spectra or if they really have money they have the new XTL5000. Still very Shtty signal. And Unless the rider is just staying on the same freeway there not gonna catch em at night.

There are too many freeways and streets in houston to keep track of.

The Helos in Houston do not just chase fast motorcycles for no reason. Every time you see these helo on someones azz is because the just killed someone and they are locked on you. That means they are not strolling they are out just for your criminaly insane azz.

I need to stop working for big brother.

There are over 15,000 cameras in and around the city of Houston with less than 150 people to watch them.

DUUUDDEEE Sometimes I scare myself. hahahaha. FTW

Im probably getting banned. hahaha
But since I do not have or ever had a contract with the city of Houston I can say what I want about them.

Im big brother, thats my story and im sticking to it. PEACE

Last edited by Coast Rider; 05-24-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #15
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

Actually They might be using UHF but thats neither here nor there.
Everyone is gone digital and its a whole new set of problems.
If they are unencrypted they might have decent comms. But if they are encrypted digital signal is greatly reduced because of the bandwith alotted for encryption.

POINT IS IF A PERSON WAS SMART AND SKILLED and knew the roads AND HAD A REALLY GOOD BIKE DRIVING AT NIGHT. HE MOST LIKELY CAN GET AWAY. IF he is riding a 600 he could always just throw it in a dumpster and jet.

Helos do not have thermal vision. Unlike many of the helos in Iraq which do have thermal vision and can see rodents and snakes in pitch black night.

But I wanna see them get money to get thermal vision, that chit is like my yearly salary to buy. And Like I said in another thread. There is no reason for thermal vision unless their gonna drop a bomb.

The helos in Houston have night vision, but that only works as long as the lights on the motorcycle are on.

I am so incriminating my self but, hey Im drunk as fck right now
Old 05-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #16
lorin70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast Rider View Post
The rotor blade turns about 50-60 revolutions per second although this is largely dependent on the length of the blade. The further out from the centre, the faster the rotational velocity and the faster the air is flowing over the blade. As the helicopter moves forward through the air, the velocity of the air over the advancing blades is the sum of the Forward Velocity Plus the rotational speed of the blade. Retarding blades do not suffer this problem as the airspeed at the tips is reduced, by virtue of the fact that the blades are travelling in the same direction as the airflow caused by flight.
Your theory is correct but your rotor rpm is off by one order of magnitude. The main rotor speed on most helos is about 330 rpm which is between 5 and 6 revolutions per second. Rotation speed on a Hughes 500 or 530 main rotor such as many of the HPD helos is I believe a little faster due to the smaller diameter of the main rotor as compared to say a Jet Ranger, Astar, or something like a Blackhawk. You are right on that the advancing rotor is affected as rotor speed and forward speed approach the speed of sound but you also have to be concerned with retreating blade stall as airspeed increases. The faster the helo goes the less resultant airspeed there is on the retreating blade and at some point it begins to stall and lose lift causing an unpleasant instability.
FZ6

Last edited by lorin70; 05-24-2010 at 07:01 PM.
lorin70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:05 PM   #17
Badchev
Slow

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:
You haven't met FlyingDuc.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #18
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
You haven't met FlyingDuc.
nor Badchev
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:24 PM   #19
Badchev
Slow

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
nor Badchev

Uh....he's crazier then I am.......and uh........shorter.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:27 PM   #20
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast Rider View Post

Helos do not have thermal vision. Unlike many of the helos in Iraq which do have thermal vision and can see rodents and snakes in pitch black night.

The helos in Houston have night vision, but that only works as long as the lights on the motorcycle are on.
Wrong x 2...they have FLIR.

Advertisement