MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Hare Scramble #4 Report @ Outlaw Trax

So, as usual I'm all stoked to race as of Thursday last week, but I have to wait until the weekend. Oh well, this will give me time to get my pre-game race strategies together....like bike maintenance, washing my dirty gear from riding the week previous....stuff like that.

Is it 2 pm Saturday yet?

Wife and I head out to outlaw Saturday afternoon and did 2 parade laps to check out the course and show some new MH people (Hotnanas, MagicMan, PimpDaub, Falkryte, and Navijab (you need to race next time Miranda )) how things worked, and what not. Man, what a course?!?! Up, down, sandy, clay, more up and down, a motorcross section. It was intense! Ok, I'll skip to the real race.

Holy 18 riders in Open D again?! I look up and down the line, saw some familiar faces and some new ones....including the 4 MotoHouston noobs! I was stoked, and kinda excited for these guys. Green flag drops and so does the BS! It's holeshot time! I think I managed a 6th place position, but that didn't matter to me. I had 28 miles of racing to be done before it was over (I think avg. lap times were somewhere near 40 minutes..but that's a guess) and plenty of time to find my prey!

In the woods, out of the woods, WOT through the grassy areas, hard on the brakes and backing it in to safely pass said riders in front of me as we enter back into another section of tight woods. I nudged off a few friends who beat me to the holeshot and was now near the front of the pack! Where is that little kid on the yellow bike? I tried and tried, but never caught up to him. He was gone! This is racing and why I love it.

Managed to maintain my stamina by riding at about 80% to conserve energy and to try and keep the saddle between my legs. I only managed 2 crashes in the race (this is a serious improvement since race #1 where I managed like 12 crashes) and turned what felt like "fast" lap times. Well, to make a longer story longer, I rec'd my first "real" podium finish. 2nd out 18! It made me . , with a last place finish that grin would still have been on my face.

Here's the holeshot...I think the mh peeps are on the right in the video....I'm the asshat who can't get off the line without keeping the front wheel down! lol

and some pics...MH peeps, let me here your side. Get your $50 worth of racing? Worth the hour and a half drive? Next one I hear will be near Beamount @ Badlands if my memory serves me correct. Once I get info on that event, I'll post some details. Thanks for coming out, I hope you enjoyed yourselves and the series.

Hey, I know You folks!

A couple of my buddies who got me turned on this dirt bike thing in general.

Hey Cliff! Why you taking your gear off? We got time for another practice lap. ok, take a breather.

me and the wife...none of this would be possible without her love and support....aka her money!

me and my peeps showing off for our sponsors...sorry MH gang, ya'll were probably passed out back at your pit area.

and one last pic of the carnage...just a couple trees tried jumping in my way this go 'round!

BTW, track junkies...2 nights camping fees, race entry fees, food, beer and gas for the truck and bike....$150.

Thanks for reading!

DBuck

Last edited by dbuck; 05-23-2010 at 05:19 PM.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hare scramble race report from this weekend CarbonJames Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 02-18-2014 04:24 PM
Outlaw Trax woodsguy Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 2 10-27-2013 06:58 AM
Fun event at Outlaw Trax woodsguy Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 1 09-23-2011 07:56 PM
Hare Scramble #3 Report - Shiloh Ridge dbuck General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 04-24-2010 07:56 AM
My 2nd hare scramble event report... dbuck General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 03-23-2010 09:59 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Also nice to see DannyBoy and Pete out the race! Hope the two of you can join us some time in the near future!

Thanks again to Otis and Texas Xtreme Off Road Racing! Your course was amazing as usual!

also thanks to Flyin' Duc for loaning me your pitbike again....wanna sell it?
Old 05-23-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

If I haven't sold the KTM by the next race, I may have to come out of retirement for a race or two...
Old 05-24-2010, 09:04 AM   #4
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMalt View Post
If I haven't sold the KTM by the next race, I may have to come out of retirement for a race or two...
If you do, I'll race the over 30C class with you. Seeing that I'm eligible for that class next month!

next race is in Middleton, not Beaumont....my apologies. June 19 & 20.

Last edited by dbuck; 05-24-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

man, i'm the guy in the video that never passed because I was still there kick starting.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
PimpDaub
I'm Rat 'Tarded

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
1973 Honda Cb750 Four -Cafe in progress
2005 CRF50 STUNT - MONSTER ENERGY
2001 Suzuki DRZ400E/SM (SOLD) :-(
Don't worry, scrot. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick- lives.
My first bike was a 'Tard. She's a Pilot now."

Member Garage

It was awesome Dbuck! By far the most grueling & demanding thing i've ever done. Never thought I'd follow a sentence like that with this... It was also FUN AS !

I think i spent around $100 total for the weekend. Met some really cool people. had a blast catching air on the kids track (tee hee hee)

Otis is the man for taking the time to set all of this up for us. He did a great job, along with his assistants, & I cant wait to see whats in store next month in middleton.

Not sure what was wrong with hotnanna's mojo this weekend. I hope he isn't discouraged to keep racing. He kicks my out in the national forrest, but i assume the big wr426 got the best of him this weekend. Suck it up cliff, I better see ya next month.

He nailed the take-off, but when he landed, something terrible happened. His front tire exploded like a cannonball, and his handle bars went straight through his head. Blood was everywhere. His teeth were ground down to a powder, and the front of his face exploded out the back of his skull. He died instantly... the next day.
PimpDaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #7
PimpDaub
I'm Rat 'Tarded

Bike(s):
Don't worry, scrot. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick- lives.

Member Garage

Sweet... I made top 10 in the holeshot, but then fell like 3 times 10 minutes later to get dropped 3 places.

Thanks to TheMagicMan for letting me use the beater RMX too.

He nailed the take-off, but when he landed, something terrible happened. His front tire exploded like a cannonball, and his handle bars went straight through his head. Blood was everywhere. His teeth were ground down to a powder, and the front of his face exploded out the back of his skull. He died instantly... the next day.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpDaub View Post
It was awesome Dbuck! By far the most grueling & demanding thing i've ever done. Never thought I'd follow a sentence like that with this... It was also FUN AS !

I think i spent around $100 total for the weekend. Met some really cool people. had a blast catching air on the kids track (tee hee hee)

Otis is the man for taking the time to set all of this up for us. He did a great job, along with his assistants, & I cant wait to see whats in store next month in middleton.

Not sure what was wrong with hotnanna's mojo this weekend. I hope he isn't discouraged to keep racing. He kicks my out in the national forrest, but i assume the big wr426 got the best of him this weekend. Suck it up cliff, I better see ya next month.
ya i will be there. it takes a lot to discourage me. The bike however might get tossed into a lake. worst thing about it was that during the saturday practice i was moving great.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #9
Navajib

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:55 PM   #10
Navajib

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

Here's a small clip! I still have another vid to edit down and upload.

Don't mind the talking to the self.

Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #11
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

needs more narration! the last 3 or so minutes had the right amount.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #12
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50

! Thanks for the awesome pics! LookS like I got me a new avatar.
TheMagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #13
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Looks like alot of fun
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #14
PimpDaub
I'm Rat 'Tarded

Bike(s):

Member Garage

yay!...
ya got one of me gettin squirrly!

Old 05-24-2010, 04:55 PM   #15
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
Looks like alot of fun

You have no idea man. It's the most fun I've ever had on two wheels. Better than track days!
TheMagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:36 PM   #16
PropHead

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Yamaha wr 250
BMW1150 GS
Yamaha tt 90
Suzuki GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
Also nice to see DannyBoy and Pete out the race! Hope the two of you can join us some time in the near future!

Thanks again to Otis and Texas Xtreme Off Road Racing! Your course was amazing as usual!

also thanks to Flyin' Duc for loaning me your pitbike again....wanna sell it?
I had fun just wachin' you guys; we need to put together a Sam Houston ride for some of the guys who also ride track. Who's up for it?!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #17
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

when i get my 250, i'll be joining you guys for sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #18
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navajib View Post

Don't mind the talking to the self.
Don't worry... I talk 10 times more than that. Typically, I'm cussing myself, the bike, the trails, the trees & branches, lappers, passers, bystanders, squirrels, roots, tire pressure, exhaustion, and a handful of other things are I'm riding a hare scramble.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #19
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicMan View Post
You have no idea man. It's the most fun I've ever had on two wheels. Better than track days!
It is a lot of fun, but I don't think it's fair to compare track days to hare scrambles...nothing like dragging knee through the apex and laying down the hammer. Best bang for your buck though for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropHead View Post
I had fun just wachin' you guys; we need to put together a Sam Houston ride for some of the guys who also ride track. Who's up for it?!
I'd be down, but I may save the "leisurely" riding for October....it's getting awfully hot out there. However, I don't plan on missing June's event. July and August are both no goes for me more than likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMalt View Post
Don't worry... I talk 10 times more than that. Typically, I'm cussing myself, the bike, the trails, the trees & branches, lappers, passers, bystanders, squirrels, roots, tire pressure, exhaustion, and a handful of other things are I'm riding a hare scramble.
You know, I was going to start a thread regarding this. I have recently found that I physically talk out loud to myself when I race. It's quite amusing. My favorite phrase as of late, "Ouch! That's gonna hurt later." Is talking to myself out loud in my helmet odd?
Old 05-25-2010, 03:42 AM   #20
ZoomByU
The whistles go Wooo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
Pink red ryder tricycle

Do they run all the classes on the track at once, like a staggered start? Or just one class at a time?
"There are no men more ignoble or more foolish, no men whose actions are fraught with greater possibility of mischief to their country and to mankind, than those who exalt unrighteous peace as better than righteous war." - Theodore Roosevelt
"I will bleed on the flag to keep the stripes red!"
ZoomByU is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement