MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2010, 10:29 PM   #21
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

no really it doesn't, it may be an effect of the heat making the connection poor but an open or closed switch does nothing more than prove or disprove. that switch is not a 4-20ma or a 5-12vdc variable pressure switch. oh and my mechanical background, hmm lets see Industrial Refrigeration Tech for over 30 years,ASME Certified Diesel Mechanic and EIT Mechanical Engineering. yea I think I qualify

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2001 cbr 929rr no start ign switch broken what wire goes were so i can start it rparker1978 How To's and Q & A's 9 09-01-2014 11:50 PM
Oil questions - Time for an oil change bioGuru General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 04-09-2014 08:32 PM
Oil Change, Tire Pressure, Chain Lube... etc..... dotcom General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 10-23-2005 01:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2010, 10:34 PM   #22
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

if you knew anything about eximport then you will notice the change in personnel! All of the good people left almost at the same time, that is a pretty clear signal to the boss that they did not approve of his business practices! First it was Carlos, then Joe "mr. clean" was promoted to GM of sales, then ivan left, then allen, then alain, etc..... they all went to Mancuso... i even joked around and told pablito to get in the car so i can drop him off at mancuso so he can see his friends again lol
Old 05-20-2010, 10:41 PM   #23
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
no really it doesn't, it may be an effect of the heat making the connection poor but an open or closed switch does nothing more than prove or disprove. that switch is not a 4-20ma or a 5-12vdc variable pressure switch. oh and my mechanical background, hmm lets see Industrial Refrigeration Tech for over 30 years,ASME Certified Diesel Mechanic and EIT Mechanical Engineering. yea I think I qualify
then the temp/heat does contribute to the problem.... well said i have been a commodities trader for almost 10 years, does it make me an expert stock broker? i understand the concept, i can interpret the graphs and i can speculate just like the experts do, would i invest my own money, most likely not!
Old 05-20-2010, 10:44 PM   #24
StewRat
Hive Investigator

Feedback Rating: (2)

2003 CRF230
2011 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200
2012 Kawasaki KLR650

Does the light come on at exactly 172* or just 20* above cruising temperatures?
StewRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:49 PM   #25
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

no the temp doesn't really contribute, the fact that the lock clip is broken is the whole problem, you could ride till froze over and nothing would melt. ever hear of the laws of thermodynamics? no? then listen real good heat makes things expand, connections that are loose when heated will fail, so no contact no signal. The OPS has nothing to do with heat control or being heated up, the signal loss is due to poor conection period the guy if your understanding what he's saying correctly is full of plain pure and simple but as a trader your just not capable of understanding, I'm done.

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:56 PM   #26
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewRat View Post
Does the light come on at exactly 172* or just 20* above cruising temperatures?
i was paying close attention on my way back from pp1 and noticed that right when the temp hits 172 then the light comes on but when i get moving and the engine cools down and the light is gone
Old 05-20-2010, 10:58 PM   #27
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
no the temp doesn't really contribute, the fact that the lock clip is broken is the whole problem, you could ride till froze over and nothing would melt. ever hear of the laws of thermodynamics? no? then listen real good heat makes things expand, connections that are loose when heated will fail, so no contact no signal. The OPS has nothing to do with heat control or being heated up, the signal loss is due to poor conection period the guy if your understanding what he's saying correctly is full of plain pure and simple but as a trader your just not capable of understanding, I'm done.
if you pay close attention you will notice that the lock clip is not broken at all!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #28
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
you are correct, as a trader i do not understand about mechanics, thats why i pay someone to come to my house and get it fixed for me, as long as he gets the job done i will keep calling him back to work on my bike. I don't really see your point of any of your comments at all, all you do is argue and talk about my mechanic, oh well at least he is getting my bike fixed and not you

Honestly if i wanted to learn every detail about mechanical failure of my bike i would have studied mechanical engineering and not economics! As a trader we don't care about how well you can talk/argue, all we care about is how soon can you make it happen! I guess with your background this concept will be hard to grasp
Old 05-20-2010, 11:09 PM   #29
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

Now, unlike JP, I don't have anything below my belt but I sorta thought of what he's saying as well.

@me: well, I think I know what the problem is thanks to everyone's input. I'll strip her down tomorrow and see if I can confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #30
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
you are correct, as a trader i do not understand about mechanics, thats why i pay someone to come to my house and get it fixed for me, as long as he gets the job done i will keep calling him back to work on my bike. I don't really see your point of any of your comments at all, all you do is argue and talk about my mechanic, oh well at least he is getting my bike fixed and not you

Honestly if i wanted to learn every detail about mechanical failure of my bike i would have studied mechanical engineering and not economics! As a trader we don't care about how well you can talk/argue, all we care about is how soon can you make it happen! I guess with your background this concept will be hard to grasp
so does that mean whe the A/C at your house stops working I can tell you that the freon is worn out and needs changed, and your compressor is making the freon go backwards and you need a new A/C and charge you 4200 to replace the condensor because you really have a bad capacitor that is making it build up heat(when none of the above is really the problem)? sorry dude I'm slamming him cause you said he told you the bike would overheat and melt stuff. OPS just doesn't do that. I hate seeing people taken for a ride or fukked and not even kissed. and making things happen in a timely manner is a mainstay of my job, not selling something that isn't needed because. I have fired techs for that kind of bullshit, and will in the future I'm sure. and as far as the above things about A/C problems I've heard all of those things used by technitians either because they were incompetant or thieves. as far as arguing I do apologize to you for trying to educate you in some facets of the sport you have undertaken or being too aggressive in the manner I am trying to educate you in.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:43 PM   #31
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
so does that mean whe the A/C at your house stops working I can tell you that the freon is worn out and needs changed, and your compressor is making the freon go backwards and you need a new A/C and charge you 4200 to replace the condensor because you really have a bad capacitor that is making it build up heat(when none of the above is really the problem)? sorry dude I'm slamming him cause you said he told you the bike would overheat and melt stuff. OPS just doesn't do that. I hate seeing people taken for a ride or fukked and not even kissed. and making things happen in a timely manner is a mainstay of my job, not selling something that isn't needed because. I have fired techs for that kind of bullshit, and will in the future I'm sure. and as far as the above things about A/C problems I've heard all of those things used by technitians either because they were incompetant or thieves. as far as arguing I do apologize to you for trying to educate you in some facets of the sport you have undertaken or being too aggressive in the manner I am trying to educate you in.
no need to educate anyone here.... if you came out and did an estimate like that on my a/c unit, you probably will never hear from me again, in other words, "you are fired" donald trump style

now we are talking about a mechanic that has done honest work for me and others for a long time, i have no complaints about his skills or prices. I am sure you always call a couple of places before you make an decision, well thats the same way i conduct my business.

As I stated before, i called every dealer in town to see if they stock the parts, nobody seems to have it at the moment, i also called and ask for the price of labor for this type of jobs, i don't have to tell you what they charge but you can imagine the price tag on parts and labor. I gave Jorge a call, he came over to make sure it was the right part i needed and he got on his phone to call other dealers in san antonio and austin to see if they had one for me, as far as the labor on his part "FREE OF CHARGE"! so why do you have to judge anyone before getting to shake his hands in person and see what he is all about? I really hate people that jump to assumptions because they think they know better..... You might be great at what you do but when it comes to fixing my bike i will pick the mechanic that i trust and has worked for me in the past period!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:58 PM   #32
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Is this cracked? Looks like a small crack to me...either way the clip isnt broken its just the plug boot is a lil crooked. Either way Frank you just pull that sensor off yourself and see what it looks like? It is wierd that the sensor is for temp, its mounted on the top of the clutch basket, I would think that it would be mounted at the bottom of the clutch basket to get a better avg reading. It may just be coincidental. EIther way good luck getting it fixed doesnt look like it will be to much of a PITA

Edit**NVM its in the center of the clutch basket...so maybe does have temp on thier as well...just go buy a ZX14
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0052.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	35182  

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS

Last edited by BYRDMAN; 05-21-2010 at 12:00 AM.
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:05 AM   #33
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
Is this cracked? Looks like a small crack to me...either way the clip isnt broken its just the plug boot is a lil crooked. Either way Frank you just pull that sensor off yourself and see what it looks like? It is wierd that the sensor is for temp, its mounted on the top of the clutch basket, I would think that it would be mounted at the bottom of the clutch basket to get a better avg reading. It may just be coincidental. EIther way good luck getting it fixed doesnt look like it will be to much of a PITA

Edit**NVM its in the center of the clutch basket...so maybe does have temp on thier as well...just go buy a ZX14
hahahaha i am seriously thinking about switching to a japanese bike man..... you need special tools for anything that needs to get done on the bike, even for a simple rear tire change i need to find a shop that has a 55mm socket, it really me off
Old 05-21-2010, 01:43 AM   #34
mx6er

Bike(s):
TL1KR
street legal xr50

Member Garage

all righty then... i dont see the need to complicate this thread so much by bustin each others nuts. OP is gettin his fixed (by a trusted friend even if he is shady or not)no matter the cost cuz he a baller trader that can afford ducks n (thats great and im happy for u i guess) all he was doin is "tweeting" per say to MH. i really dont see the need to call out our qualifications etc...

my input is it looks like the sensor is leaking (no duh) if u were interested in some DIY info i'd tell u to clean it off and run it to make sure its coming out of wherever. but your not.

maybe OP misheard some info progvided to him, but as mentioned before OPSS is a simple on/off pressure/no-pressure. As for the temp related portion; my theory is oil thins out as it gets hotter so it drops pressure to where it chanes the OPSS output. the portion where it may "melt" might be (let it be known idk bout ducks) the OPSS sends signal for low press to ECU and causes to run on a "safe/lean" map.

in anycase i hope OP gets his fixed and back on the road again.
mx6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:21 AM   #35
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

this thread rocks

Old 05-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #36
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
hahahaha i am seriously thinking about switching to a japanese bike man..... you need special tools for anything that needs to get done on the bike, even for a simple rear tire change i need to find a shop that has a 55mm socket, it really me off
quit around and buy the tools, not like your broke..
Old 05-21-2010, 08:38 AM   #37
Davekg
Honda Rider

Bike(s):
08 CBR

Just a thought! Keep the 1098 and add a bike so you can still ride while the 1098 is down for maintenance, win win
Davekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #38
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:

Wow... dude. Its just a post about a hard to find pressure switch. I just read the first couple of posts and I can picture you throwing yourself on the ground, holding your breath, beating the floor and throwing quite a tantrum.

Sunday Rider, be kind, tell the man he's right before he passes out!
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:04 AM   #39
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
Wow... dude. Its just a post about a hard to find pressure switch. I just read the first couple of posts and I can picture you throwing yourself on the ground, holding your breath, beating the floor and throwing quite a tantrum.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:12 AM   #40
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Quote:

WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roland. how come i never see you on the rides anymore?

Advertisement