Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #161
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr F. View Post
Lol AJ, Floyd won't take anyone's advice. I could have told you that earlier and saved you an load of typing.
hi there mr failse!
yes i do listen... out of all the people here you my friend should know how i ride! and how WE ride.

sometimes everyone gets over their head and ride their off. i like to go fast on corners. (not very good at it but im just a street rider)
i was the last person that got at RR before we started the heavy ride....the last one and had to pulled over at the front so that i can catch everyone riding on the video... now im not here posting my video for me like "hey look at me, im bad " like routegang does, im here posting a friendly ride that we do on sundays. YES i need some work on my leaning and corners.. but im not saying that im then ! i ride streets 24/7 and im not the guys going in and out of traffic on 59 or doing 610 loop on 18 minutes.... i love leaning and love riding.. whatever happen to me it was a up/accident. not all of you riders are fking perfect to seat back and talk to me like you're the perfect rider or the !!
thank you for your comments about taking track days and been save. but for all the others that think that they know everything and that you were on my shoes at that time.... STFU.....because you weren't there!
is very easy to seat back and watch THE video and give comments about it and seat back and talk about it....
thats routemaster's job to do!

like i said before.... thank you for your safely riding comments....but for the one that wanna say like you were there... just STFU AND LEAVE AS IT IS.
i know that on the forums there are alot of and trash talkers ..(ROUTEMASTER) BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE...
***ONE THIS IS TO WATCH AND CRITICIZE AND ANOTHER IS TO BE ON THE RIDERS SEAT HANDLING THE SITUATION****

NOW stop accting and posting like you (sport riders, track riders..etc..) are always doing the speed limit, dont get tickes, are never riding the back roads or twiestis. (you are not perfect)
i have alot to learn and time will take care of that.

END OF THE STORY

Last edited by floyd600; 05-24-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SW Sunday Morning Ride Sep 23 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 25 09-23-2012 07:54 AM
SUNDAY MORNING RIDE SW BLAKE81 Events, Meets and Rides 4 05-13-2012 07:23 AM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Jan 23, 2011 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 98 01-26-2011 09:56 AM
SW Sunday Ride August 23 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 31 08-24-2009 11:04 AM
9/23 JIMMY'S SUNDAY MORNING RIDE jimmy"zx6 Events, Meets and Rides 318 09-29-2007 06:56 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #162
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
well you have ridden with us before but you are correct, last video do show some passing (not me). Whenever you put Ninja and Floyd together you are going to see some passing cause they love to challenge each other, i usually ask them to run in the front so the passing will be kept in between themselves.
I TRY TO STAY AT THE FRONT FOR THAT REASON ONLY.... IF I PASS YOU ON THE STRAIGHTS IS BECAUSE I WANNA GTFO OF YOUR WAY AND BE AT FRONT.. AWAY FRONT EVERYONE.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #163
crazivi3tdude
Commander in Chief !!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Mongoose
C
B
R

Send a message via AIM to crazivi3tdude
Well reason for me passing fellow riders are because their way too well paced for me... If u know what I mean and then on the other hand, they are out of place... If they know they are noob and conservative, they should always stay with their pack! And usually if you see someone hauling about twice your speed coming from behind... Move the over! Best advice ever!

At the end I usually tell everyone I had fun, and that's what it's all about

Yes! my name is Ninja!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #164
mizpah
vé con dios

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 Kaw ZR750S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
My post wasn't meant in a hateful way. You guys are passing on the right, taking some odd lines through the turns, and very choppy on and off the throttle. Your video says you slid front and rear, etc. My opinion is you target fixated. Racer Road is a very tame "twistie" road and to go in that other lane like you did could have killed you or worse yet, someone else.

You guys need to ride staggered, with decent intervals. If you are going to pass each other, do it correctly.

Just saying. A track day will help you, I guarantee it. Also read "The Pace".

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fl...sch/index.html

IMHO everyone in this post needs to take a trip to "The Dragon". This is one place you have to stay in your lane at all times or you will hit someone else or go off the mountain side. I have made the trip to the Dragon every year since 2003 and this place teaches you to "stay in your lane no matter what happens". Ride within your limits and don't cross the yellow line; if it means slowing down a little bit than please do so or take things to the track where you have no on coming traffic to contend with.

I would like to see everyone ride safe, within their limits and not put themselves or others in danger. Just my 2 cents...
Old 05-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #165
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
hi there mr failse!
yes i do listen... out of all the people here you my friend should know how i ride! and how WE ride.
I am your friend, which is why I said something. You don't listen, but you're my bro either way.

Have you changed your oil yet? or even topped it off since it's been low?
Old 05-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #166
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazivi3tdude View Post
And usually if you see someone hauling about twice your speed coming from behind... Move the over! Best advice ever!

At the end I usually tell everyone I had fun, and that's what it's all about
1. It's up to the rider making the pass to do it safely
2. Passing a rider in their own lane is a no no
Old 05-24-2010, 12:23 PM   #167
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpah View Post
IMHO everyone in this post needs to take a trip to "The Dragon". This is one place you have to stay in your lane at all times or you will hit someone else or go off the mountain side. I have made the trip to the Dragon every year since 2003 and this place teaches you to "stay in your lane no matter what happens". Ride within your limits and don't cross the yellow line; if it means slowing down a little bit than please do so or take things to the track where you have no on coming traffic to contend with.

I would like to see everyone ride safe, within their limits and not put themselves or others in danger. Just my 2 cents...
that is one of the best places for twisty lovers, i have watched a guy on a honda goldwing scrapping pegs through those tide corners. I think "The Dragon" is under repairs right now so hopefully when they finish it i can take a little trip on my bike to experience it first hand!
Old 05-24-2010, 12:34 PM   #168
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
i totally agree on both

if you don't have room to pass using the other lane, just be patient and wait for traffic to clear before attempting to pass, at least that's what i do.

passing on their own lane is risky for the rider making the pass and for the rider being passed.... in my case, my mirrors don't work at all so i have no idea who is coming behind me, so if i decide to reposition myself and the rider behind me is coming a little hot and doesn't have enough time/distance to react quickly, then both riders are going down. A lot of people also get spooked by riders that pass them on their own lane and might react poorly and go into the ditch, haven't seen this happen in any of our rides before but there is a potential for this to happen.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #169
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

That's one reason they make you tape up or remove your mirrors on the track
Old 05-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #170
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)

Quote:
I agree Bevo, I've only seen the pro's do it, but their stakes are higher
Old 05-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #171
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
That's one reason they make you tape up or remove your mirrors on the track
no need to tape or remove mine..... they come useless from stock lol
Old 05-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #172
mizpah
vé con dios

Bike(s):
06 Kaw ZR750S

Quote:
that is one of the best places for twisty lovers, i have watched a guy on a honda goldwing scrapping pegs through those tide corners. I think "The Dragon" is under repairs right now so hopefully when they finish it i can take a little trip on my bike to experience it first hand!
Yeah, I have ridden with that guy you are talking about. He goes by the name of "Yellow Wolf". He has done about 2K in suspension work to make the Goldwing drag peg like that. He also has three video cameras mounted on the bike.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #173
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Yeah, I have ridden with that guy you are talking about. He goes by the name of "Yellow Wolf". He has done about 2K in suspension work to make the Goldwing drag peg like that. He also has three video cameras mounted on the bike.
he is so lucky to live in that area, he is a really good rider! Those bikes are so huge compared to our sport bikes and still he make it look like he is riding a little ninja 250. I bet he is faster than a lot of sport bike riders out there lol
Old 05-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #174
mizpah
vé con dios

Bike(s):
06 Kaw ZR750S

Quote:
he is so lucky to live in that area, he is a really good rider! Those bikes are so huge compared to our sport bikes and still he make it look like he is riding a little ninja 250. I bet he is faster than a lot of sport bike riders out there lol
Yes he is. It is a big surprise to many sport bike riders when they see him coming or passing them.
I also ride those roads on my DRZ, which is much faster than the sport bike riders...
Old 05-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #175
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Yes he is. It is a big surprise to many sport bike riders when they see him coming or passing them.
I also ride those roads on my DRZ, which is much faster than the sport bike riders...
how long is the ride from one end to the other? i believe there like 300+ turns?
Old 05-24-2010, 01:52 PM   #176
mizpah
vé con dios

Bike(s):
06 Kaw ZR750S

Quote:
how long is the ride from one end to the other? i believe there like 300+ turns?
To be exact it is 318 curves in 11 miles. It takes about 12-15 minutes to make the run and I can tell you from experience if you make a run there and back (636 turns) at a good pace you will feel it!!! I have been up there and done that road all day Taking breaks at the Dragon Den in between runs.
I have even done the road at night!! It's cool at night.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #177
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
To be exact it is 318 curves in 11 miles. It takes about 12-15 minutes to make the run and I can tell you from experience if you make a run there and back (636 turns) at a good pace you will feel it!!! I have been up there and done that road all day Taking breaks at the Dragon Den in between runs.
I have even done the road at night!! It's cool at night.
wow, might take a 600cc instead, mine is too heavy and hard to turn.... 636 turns in 22 miles is just awesome!
Old 05-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #178
jcsanchez68

Bike(s):
DUCATI
DUCATI
BMW
Triumph
Aprilia

I have not much to say but you guys have to be careful a mistake like this in a public road can be so dangerous you not only can hurt yourself but someone else, and then the RIP thread.

And in some cases blaming a cager, what if a car or a truck was heading your way, I read a thread like this before, the car pull right in front of him

if you are driving a car and you turn your head and look (in many cases people do not do this) and a bike is comming at 100+ ther is no way for a cager to see you or measure how fast you are comming in some cases, it has happened to me driving on the freeway a bike going by spookes me.

I read some of the comments here and agree 99% with all the advice they are giving you guys, just be careful.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #179
wiayeman
TOONTOON BLACKNWHITEARMY

Bike(s):
99 SV650 (race)x2
79 XS650
08 EX250R (race)
14 MSX125
88 YSR (race)

Floyd..........

Another comment from a 10+ bloke.

True story.

I thought I could ride. I thought I was fast. I went to the track...........

I found out 2 things. I couldn't ride. I wasn't fast.

If you take anything from this thread and the reaction to your video, it is that track time will improve your skills. I'm sure a lot of experienced guys were shocked to see it. One thing is for sure, no traction was lost with either tyre. If you're honest with yourself, you will agree.

You may also find that time spent at the track will actually make you slow down on the street. Knee down at the track, not even close on the street.

I rode quickly and poorly on the street for the best part of 20 years, and openly admit it.

Take this post as you will, tell me me to go myself and I will understand. I just don't want to read a RIP thread with your name on it without having posted up.

Take care
CMRA#645
Purple Helmets Endurance Team
Old 05-24-2010, 04:12 PM   #180
mizpah
vé con dios

Bike(s):
06 Kaw ZR750S

Quote:
wow, might take a 600cc instead, mine is too heavy and hard to turn.... 636 turns in 22 miles is just awesome!
Another good thing about the Dragon is there are no side entrances on to it, so you do not have to go around a corner and worry about a car pulling out in front of you.
Closed Thread

Advertisement