Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2010, 08:29 PM   #121
AJFLo
Senior Member
 
AJFLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Side
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 8,621

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50





Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
track will teach you how to control your bike and what to do on corners and how to take corners....etc....
but they will not teach you on what to do if a car pulls out in front of you at the last second, or a (hit and run) or people cutting you on the freeway because they didnt see you....
even the best of the best go down.
Are you saying that you could not have prevented your "close call"?
__________________
sigpic6669 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
I知 really happy for you and I知 going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SW Sunday Morning Ride Sep 23 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 25 09-23-2012 07:54 AM
SUNDAY MORNING RIDE SW BLAKE81 Events, Meets and Rides 4 05-13-2012 07:23 AM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Jan 23, 2011 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 98 01-26-2011 09:56 AM
SW Sunday Ride August 23 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 31 08-24-2009 11:04 AM
9/23 JIMMY'S SUNDAY MORNING RIDE jimmy"zx6 Events, Meets and Rides 318 09-29-2007 06:56 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #122
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
Are you saying that you could not have prevented your "close call"?
what about if im at the track?!?!?! and loose grip due to whatever reason. (dirt, tank slap, etc..)
what would be the different?? just because im at the track, im safe! no sir.... what ever happens, happens!
i know people that have been doing track for a while and also race PRO. and they get pay good money for that....but they also go down! so track will help me to learn... but if something is going to happen weather you are on the track or not.. it will happen (loosing grip on tires in this case)

and to answer your question.....NO i couldn't have.. because i hit something...(people that saw my tires know) those that saw my video think that i lost control and it was my fault.
i did safe it over all....

Last edited by floyd600; 05-23-2010 at 08:41 PM.
floyd600 is offline  
Old 05-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #123
AJFLo
Senior Member
 
AJFLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Side
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 8,621

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50





Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
what about if im at the track?!?!?! and loose grip due to whatever reason. (dirt, tank slap, etc..)
what would be the different?? just because im at the track, im safe! no sir.... what ever happens, happens!
i know people that have been doing track for a while and also race PRO. and they get pay good money for that....but they also go down! so track will help me to learn... but if something is going to happen weather you are on the track or not.. it will happen (loosing grip on tires in this case)

and to answer your question.....NO i couldn't have.. because i hit something...(people that saw my tires know) those that saw my video thing that i lost control and it was my fault.
i did safe it over all....
1. If you had a better line you would not have hit whatever it is you say you hit.

2. If your throttle and brake control is smooth you will not loose traction on the street.

Your close call was your fault. I am done trying to help you become a better rider. Some people just have too thick of a head to get the point.

PS... If you crash at the track you have a better chance of walking away than on the street. Don't you remember what happened to Soup(rip )?? You could have easily lost control and hit a pole, tree, fence, or whatever and been seriously hurt or killed.
__________________
sigpic6669 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
I知 really happy for you and I知 going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline  
Old 05-23-2010, 08:45 PM   #124
xhangyx
Senior Member
 
xhangyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: houston
Feedback Rating: (18)
Posts: 1,567

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
09 repsol
06 r6 *track*
08 cbr1000rr Repsol fairings
07 crf70
02 crf450






Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
1. If you had a better line you would not have hit whatever it is you say you hit.

2. If your throttle and brake control is smooth you will not loose traction on the street.

Your close call was your fault. I am done trying to help you become a better rider. Some people just have too thick of a head to get the point.

PS... If you crash at the track you have a better chance of walking away than on the street. Don't you remember what happened to Soup(rip )?? You could have easily lost control and hit a pole, tree, fence, or whatever and been seriously hurt or killed.
xhangyx is offline  
Old 05-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #125
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
1. If you had a better line you would not have hit whatever it is you say you hit.

2. If your throttle and brake control is smooth you will not loose traction on the street.

Your close call was your fault. I am done trying to help you become a better rider. Some people just have too thick of a head to get the point.

YES!!!! I WIN........

no really thanks for the tips and everything else you wanna give me. but there is more to it than just keeping your line in this case... what about if i was doing everything right... what about i catch something on the road like the squirrel that i hit... alot of thing that happen today was just too many to think what i did wrong.
what about if i was in line but lost grip for whatever reason... then what??? just BAD LUCK?
like i said before......i ride that road all the time and on the last videos that i got from sunday rides i would stay with the guys at the front.
I KNOW THAT I NEED TO IMPROVE MY SKILLS BUT SOON I WILL.
all of us have something to learn everyday.

Last edited by floyd600; 05-23-2010 at 08:54 PM.
floyd600 is offline  
Old 05-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #126
3xv
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 464

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Floyd600-The people giving criticism are just giving you some advice to prevent an accident or death. They're just looking out for you and the safety of others.

Riding trackdays gives a person the opportunity to learn himself as a rider, and what skills (or lack thereof) the rider has, in a controlled environment. Accidents do happen on the track, deaths occur on the track, however, these chances are minimized because of less available factors that affect our concentration when riding on public streets (e.g. oncoming vehicles, law enforcement, debris on the road, wildlife, etc.).

There is no perfect scenario, rider, road or what have you , and there are always the ifs and buts in a discussion, but the decision lies ultimately on you. However, having an open mind to what other peoples experiences, whether positive or negative, could help you make better decisions riding both public streets or race track.

Good luck to you and be safe everyone.

Last edited by 3xv; 05-23-2010 at 09:00 PM.
3xv is offline  
Old 05-23-2010, 09:02 PM   #127
Snow
Can I kick it?
 
Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,304

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5









since it seems you have decided we are done PMing... lol.


You are MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH safer to crash on the track.

1. You crash out in the boons n get hurt... you gotta call the ambulance, wait sometimes 30 mins to an hour for them to get to you....

At the track, ya got an ambulance waiting for you on standby.

2. You slip a bit on the street and run a bit wide, thus entering oncoming traffic.

At the track, there is no such thing as oncoming traffic.

3. You low side out... run into a pole, fence, barbed wire, ... etc....

at the track, plenty of space to play in the weeds.


The list really does go on.
Snow is offline  
Old 05-23-2010, 09:05 PM   #128
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xv View Post
Floyd600-The people giving criticism are just giving you some advice to prevent an accident or death. They're just looking out for you and the safety of others.

Riding trackdays gives a person the opportunity to learn himself as a rider, and what skills (or lack thereof) the rider has, in a controlled environment. Accidents do happen on the track, deaths occur on the track, however, these chances are minimized because of less available factors that affect our concentration when riding on public streets (e.g. oncoming vehicles, law enforcement, debris on the road, wildlife, etc.).

There is no perfect scenario, rider, road or what have you , and there are always the ifs and buts in a discussion, but the decision lies ultimately on you. However, having an open mind to what other peoples experiences, whether positive or negative, could help you make better decisions riding both public streets or race track.

Good luck to you and be safe everyone.
THANK YOU!!

i just dont like when people think that they know everything! like they were saying i didnt loose grip or whatever... if you dont know nothing then dont say nothing.
i really dont take things personal, but i just really dont like when they start talking like they were on my shoes!
anyways..
THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE TIPS AND EVERYTHING ELSE.
floyd600 is offline  
Old 05-23-2010, 09:11 PM   #129
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
since it seems you have decided we are done PMing... lol.


You are MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH safer to crash on the track.

1. You crash out in the boons n get hurt... you gotta call the ambulance, wait sometimes 30 mins to an hour for them to get to you....

At the track, ya got an ambulance waiting for you on standby.

2. You slip a bit on the street and run a bit wide, thus entering oncoming traffic.

At the track, there is no such thing as oncoming traffic.

3. You low side out... run into a pole, fence, barbed wire, ... etc....

at the track, plenty of space to play in the weeds.


The list really does go on.

VERY TRUE!!!
BUT NOT EVERYONE HERE GOT MONEY TO BLOW LIKE YOU TRACK BOYS!
if track was like $30 to get in then ill be there 24/7 but no sir! you pay 100+ every track day plus 1000+ on track day rentals and your own gear!
so for people like me........ well.............. we just have to deal with the list of things you gave us at the top. ^^^
floyd600 is offline  
Old 05-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #130
Jredford
Rotsevnieht
 
Jredford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,039

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
FZ1
R1200RT
CRF450X Tard
R6 Friggin Rocket Ship
CRMA Lic #622






Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
VERY TRUE!!!
BUT NOT EVERYONE HERE GOT MONEY TO BLOW LIKE YOU TRACK BOYS!
if track was like $30 to get in then ill be there 24/7 but no sir! you pay 100+ every track day plus 1000+ on track day rentals and your own gear!
so for people like me........ well.............. we just have to deal with the list of things you gave us at the top. ^^^
Last time I checked it costs $7,000 for a funeral. BTW all the gear in the world would not have saved you if there had been a vehicle in the left lane when you crossed the centerline. No small rock would have caused an experienced rider to cross that line.
__________________


"Racing is life... everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in 'Le Mans'
Jredford is offline  
Old 05-23-2010, 09:25 PM   #131
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Quote:
Originally Posted by Jredford View Post
Last time I checked it costs $7,000 for a funeral. BTW all the gear in the world would not have saved you if there had been a vehicle in the left lane when you crossed the centerline. No small rock would have caused an experienced rider to cross that line.
so... let me get this straight.......
WE SHOULD STOP RIDING ON THE STREETS BECAUSE...

EVERYTHING YOU GUYS ARE SAYING?!?!?!?

sorry frank... but i will not be there next Sunday and any other Sunday.
i will only do track days so..
1. this will never happen again..
2. don't have to pay $7,000 for funeral.
3. become PRO
4 wtf???
floyd600 is offline  
Old 05-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #132
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








I JUST LOOKED BACK AT ALL THE POST... AND AFTER THE VIDEO AND ALL THIS MESS STARTED...... IT HAS BEEN
FLOYD600 VS. ALL THE 10+ YEARS/TRACK DAY RIDERS.
!!!!!
floyd600 is offline  
Old 05-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #133
AJFLo
Senior Member
 
AJFLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Side
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 8,621

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50





Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
I JUST LOOKED BACK AT ALL THE POST... AND AFTER THE VIDEO AND ALL THIS MESS STARTED...... IT HAS BEEN
FLOYD600 VS. ALL THE 10+ YEARS/TRACK DAY RIDERS.
!!!!!
funny how the most experienced riders give you the best advice
__________________
sigpic6669 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
I知 really happy for you and I知 going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline  
Old 05-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #134
Phiber
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 416

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
2009 Ninja 250








Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
so... let me get this straight.......
WE SHOULD STOP RIDING ON THE STREETS BECAUSE...

EVERYTHING YOU GUYS ARE SAYING?!?!?!?

sorry frank... but i will not be there next Sunday and any other Sunday.
i will only do track days so..
1. this will never happen again..
2. don't have to pay $7,000 for funeral.
3. become PRO
4 wtf???
I believe the suggestion here is to attend track days to improve your skill and stability at speed. With an ability to push the limits in a safer environment, it will make you a better rider out on the street. I have not seen it said or even insinuated that you should cease street riding; only attend a track day or two to further progress your skills. We're all family, man. There's no malicious intent in anything these guys have said.
Phiber is offline  
Old 05-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #135
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
funny how the most experienced riders give you the best advice
floyd600 is offline  
Old 05-23-2010, 09:37 PM   #136
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiber View Post
I believe the suggestion here is to attend track days to improve your skill and stability at speed. With an ability to push the limits in a safer environment, it will make you a better rider out on the street. I have not seen it said or even insinuated that you should cease street riding; only attend a track day or two to further progress your skills. We're all family, man. There's no malicious intent in anything these guys have said.
TRUE!
i will soon.... i have done those free tracks where they show you the track and i've been planing on going to TWS (Texas World Speedway) AND GSSW...
floyd600 is offline  
Old 05-23-2010, 09:38 PM   #137
Phiber
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 416

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
2009 Ninja 250








Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
TRUE!
i will soon.... i have done those free tracks where they show you the track and i've been planing on going to TWS (Texas World Speedway) AND GSSW...
Maybe I can do my first track day with you.
Phiber is offline  
Old 05-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #138
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiber View Post
Maybe I can do my first track day with you.
I HAVE A GROUP OF FRIENDS THAT WANNA DO TRACK DAYS WITH ME TOO... IN THE NEXT MONTH OR TWO ILL BE SETTING IT UP WHERE WE CAN TAKE A TRUCK AND TAKE OUR FIRST TRACK DAY.. I KNOW THAT GSSW ITS LIKE 130 AND FREE RENTAL FOR 1ST TIMERS ON LEATHER RENTAL.
floyd600 is offline  
Old 05-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #139
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









I have ridden with Floyd many times down the same road and i can say that he is a pretty good rider, on that run i was riding in the back of the group and did not get to see it happen and from the video it's pretty hard to tell if he hit something or his tires slipped, all i noticed was the unusual tire marks after that run, i am not a tire expert so i can't really figure out the reason for him to run wide on that particular corner, the good thing is that he was able to save and nobody got hurt this time.

I think the "PACE" is an excellent article and i have even posted it here for all riders to read. A lot of people are surprise when they see that i don't use the brakes at all through RR, i told them that i don't need the brakes because i am not pushing it on the streets, i don't run hot into the corners so there is no need for me to even tap the brakes. When riding in a group, it's all about being smooth, there is no need to push it on the streets cause there is no trophies at the end of the day, we are just out there to have fun!
__________________
sunday_rider is offline  
Old 05-23-2010, 09:49 PM   #140
Phiber
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 416

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
2009 Ninja 250








Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
I HAVE A GROUP OF FRIENDS THAT WANNA DO TRACK DAYS WITH ME TOO... IN THE NEXT MONTH OR TWO ILL BE SETTING IT UP WHERE WE CAN TAKE A TRUCK AND TAKE OUR FIRST TRACK DAY.. I KNOW THAT GSSW ITS LIKE 130 AND FREE RENTAL FOR 1ST TIMERS ON LEATHER RENTAL.
I don't know much about the leather requirements for track, but I heard from someone in the group I usually roll with that as long as you have a two piece that will zip together you are fine. Is this correct? What else do you need for the track?
Phiber is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy