MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #101
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
You are mistaken, I came from Huntsville... 83 miles away.

Thanks for having me.
wow thats even farther, i m glad u made it home safe
SW Sunday Morning Ride Sep 23 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 25 09-23-2012 07:54 AM
SUNDAY MORNING RIDE SW BLAKE81 Events, Meets and Rides 4 05-13-2012 07:23 AM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Jan 23, 2011 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 98 01-26-2011 09:56 AM
SW Sunday Ride August 23 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 31 08-24-2009 11:04 AM
9/23 JIMMY'S SUNDAY MORNING RIDE jimmy"zx6 Events, Meets and Rides 318 09-29-2007 06:56 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2010, 07:27 PM   #102
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

ALRIGHT!!!
If you have to say something...im here PM ME! (SNOW)
oh.... and let me clear things up.....i only make videos of us riding so that we can see and enjoy it after the ride. some people actually like that.
now.... i don't claim to be faster than anyone out here. but if i know people like (ninja, Sunday rider....etc) and like to talk to them like is a challenge then is because i'm cool with them like that, but i never mean to disrespect them or be better then them..... actually is the other way around...i learn from them and ride with them because they are fun to be around with and they care for each other.
so...if there is anything you will like to say about me or my video....then here i am! PM ME or post it.. whatever makes you happy..
Old 05-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #103
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
Please do before its too late...I read alot of posts and comments from this guy(to include this vid which only proved my suspicions) and I bite my tongue everytime because I dont want to seem llike a
and that would be...?!?!?!?!
Old 05-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #104
Snow
Can I kick it?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
and that would be...?!?!?!?!
Alright, I will PM you. Please honestly read what I have to say to you and do not just get angry with me.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #105
AJFLo

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
ALRIGHT!!!
If you have to say something...im here PM ME! (SNOW)
oh.... and let me clear things up.....i only make videos of us riding so that we can see and enjoy it after the ride. some people actually like that.
now.... i don't claim to be faster than anyone out here. but if i know people like (ninja, Sunday rider....etc) and like to talk to them like is a challenge then is because i'm cool with them like that, but i never mean to disrespect them or be better then them..... actually is the other way around...i learn from them and ride with them because they are fun to be around with and they care for each other.
so...if there is anything you will like to say about me or my video....then here i am! PM ME or post it.. whatever makes you happy..
Go to the fcking track. Thats all there is too it...
I知 really happy for you and I知 going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
Old 05-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #106
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
ALRIGHT!!!

My post wasn't meant in a hateful way. You guys are passing on the right, taking some odd lines through the turns, and very choppy on and off the throttle. Your video says you slid front and rear, etc. My opinion is you target fixated. Racer Road is a very tame "twistie" road and to go in that other lane like you did could have killed you or worse yet, someone else.

You guys need to ride staggered, with decent intervals. If you are going to pass each other, do it correctly.

Just saying. A track day will help you, I guarantee it. Also read "The Pace".

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fl...sch/index.html
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Old 05-23-2010, 07:53 PM   #107
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
My post wasn't meant in a hateful way. You guys are passing on the right, taking some odd lines through the turns, and very choppy on and off the throttle. Your video says you slid front and rear, etc. My opinion is you target fixated. Racer Road is a very tame "twistie" road and to go in that other lane like you did could have killed you or worse yet, someone else.

You guys need to ride staggered, with decent intervals. If you are going to pass each other, do it correctly.

thank you for the tip sir!
i ill be going to the track soon as i get a brake from work... if it was up to me ill be at the track 24/7 but i work everyday all day so Sunday is the only day i have off and during the day i love riding.

now... about me loosing control of my bike.... well did you see my tire soon as i stop..?!?!?! some of the guys did, and you can tell that there was something that cause my tire to lose grip. i know that road from point a-b and i know how fast to take every corner and where to past and not TO.
now you weren't on my shoes when that happen so....whatever you think sir!! its only your own idea but the true is only I can tell you on what happen to me. there was the guy on the black R6 and me way at front. no one was right behind us to see (i wish there was)
thanks for the tip anyways and yes... LIKE I SAID BEFORE.....****I HAVE A LOT TO LEAR*** I am not like you guys with you 10+ track days and your 10+ years of riding.... but im not here saying that I'M THE !!!
Old 05-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #108
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiber View Post
Sorry I bailed guys. Y'all ride way faster than I do and have had a lot more saddle time. Better a than dead from pushing it past my limits and after the cop I was a little more than uneasy. Nice meeting everyone, though.
That's called using your head; don't apologize for listening to your gut.
The Problem - Endurance
Old 05-23-2010, 07:57 PM   #109
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
Go to the fcking track. Thats all there is too it...
^^^so what you guys are saying is....(GO TO THE TRACK)
so what you mean..?!?!? stop riding on the street??? and do track only?? or practice as much as you can and you will get better???
Old 05-23-2010, 07:57 PM   #110
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
i ill be going to the track soon as i get a brake from work... if it was up to me ill be at the track 24/7 but i work everyday all day so Sunday is the only day i have off and during the day i love riding.

now... about me loosing control of my bike.... well did you see my tire soon as i stop..?!?!?! some of the guys did, and you can tell that there was something that cause my tire to lose grip. i know that road from point a-b and i know how fast to take every corner and where to past and not TO.
now you weren't on my shoes when that happen so....whatever you think sir!! its only your own idea but the true is only I can tell you on what happen to me. there was the guy on the black R6 and me way at front. no one was right behind us to see (i wish there was)
thanks for the tip anyways and yes... LIKE I SAID BEFORE.....****I HAVE A LOT TO LEAR*** I am not like you guys with you 10+ track days and your 10+ years of riding.... but im not here saying that I'M THE !!!
Mine was just an opinion, and your right I wasn't there. (Actually I was there at about 8:30 AM on the way to Orzak's)

Good luck with your future rides. Get to a track day, you will enjoy it and learn a lot.
The Problem - Endurance
Old 05-23-2010, 08:01 PM   #111
Snow
Can I kick it?

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiber View Post
Sorry I bailed guys. Y'all ride way faster than I do and have had a lot more saddle time. Better a than dead from pushing it past my limits and after the cop I was a little more than uneasy. Nice meeting everyone, though.
Yo man, never apologize for that. If you're uncomfy... ur uncomfy.

I've seen my share of riders crash because they were in over their head, had other riders even tell them they were over their head, but still pushed it.

Thank you for meeting up with me. Let's ride together sometime. PM'd
Old 05-23-2010, 08:02 PM   #112
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Mine was just an opinion, and your right I wasn't there. (Actually I was there at about 8:30 AM on the way to Orzak's)

Good luck with your future rides. Get to a track day, you will enjoy it and learn a lot.
and i thank you for that.. (you guys know better than us) i dont take things very personal... i actually like to clear things up, that's all.

i wear my gear 24/7 every time i'm on my bike, so i know how important is taking track days.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:03 PM   #113
AJFLo

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:

Bro... You remind me of how I used to be. Typical quick street rider with no fear. I had sorry lines going through turns, drifting into the center lane, not holding my line. As soon as I crossed a double yellow when I did not mean too I knew I had better do something before I get myself hurt.

I am glad I had friends that dragged me out to the track the first couple of times. They saved my life...

I also work all week and only have Sundays off. So I try to make as many Sunday TDs as I can. I have only done 9 TDs in 2yrs but they have made me a better rider. Track days have given me the skills to push on the street and get out of hairy situations if anything comes up. Does it make me invincible? No it does not but it def increases my chances of not wrecking because of ser error with probably amounts to 95 Percent of all motorcycle accidents. You should seriously go to the track and increase your skill set before you hurt yourself.
I知 really happy for you and I知 going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
Old 05-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #114
AJFLo

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
^^^so what you guys are saying is....(GO TO THE TRACK)
so what you mean..?!?!? stop riding on the street??? and do track only?? or practice as much as you can and you will get better???
Practice pushing your skills and limits at the track. Don't give up the streets if you like riding them. I am not against the streets. I have plenty of youtube videos that show that
Old 05-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #115
xhangyx

Feedback Rating: (18)

Bike(s):
09 repsol
06 r6 *track*
08 cbr1000rr Repsol fairings
07 crf70
02 crf450

Old 05-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #116
Phiber

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Yo man, never apologize for that. If you're uncomfy... ur uncomfy.

I've seen my share of riders crash because they were in over their head, had other riders even tell them they were over their head, but still pushed it.

Thank you for meeting up with me. Let's ride together sometime. PM'd
Yea I'd love to do that. I went and rode 149 and through the National Forest after I got home so I know you've got some twisties up your way. I used to have a track setup MINI Cooper S that I would take over there all the time so I know the roads. I look forward to it.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #117
Snow
Can I kick it?

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Quote:
Practice pushing your skills and limits at the track. Don't give up the streets if you like riding them. I am not against the streets. I have plenty of youtube videos that show that

This guy... he's super naughty. I seen vids. That one cop that pulled me over a month ago was really just looking for the man known as AJFlo.

When I refer to fast paced vids of guys being fast, smooth, and NOT scary... I think of vids like this guy has.

Nothing wrong with riding street... you just can't be out on the street. Do that on the track. Ride streets and work on what is called "the pace."

Ride at 70% on the street. Work on being smooth, clean, and not making any mistakes.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:21 PM   #118
Badchev
Slow

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:

Couldn't agree more.

Sorry I couldn't make it today Tojo.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #119
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Bro... You remind me of how I used to be. Typical quick street rider with no fear. I had sorry lines going through turns, drifting into the center lane, not holding my line. As soon as I crossed a double yellow when I did not mean too I knew I had better do something before I get myself hurt.

I am glad I had friends that dragged me out to the track the first couple of times. They saved my life...

I also work all week and only have Sundays off. So I try to make as many Sunday TDs as I can. I have only done 9 TDs in 2yrs but they have made me a better rider. Track days have given me the skills to push on the street and get out of hairy situations if anything comes up. Does it make me invincible? No it does not but it def increases my chances of not wrecking because of ser error with probably amounts to 95 Percent of all motorcycle accidents. You should seriously go to the track and increase your skill set before you hurt yourself.
track will teach you how to control your bike and what to do on corners and how to take corners, leaning....etc....
but they will not teach you on what to do if a car pulls out in front of you at the last second, or a (hit and run) or people cutting you on the freeway because they didnt see you....
even the best of the best go down.
so... do they safe life...yeah maybe...maybe not. (help your skills)

Last edited by floyd600; 05-23-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #120
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote: