MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #181
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiayeman View Post
Floyd..........

Another comment from a 10+ bloke.

True story.

I thought I could ride. I thought I was fast. I went to the track...........

I found out 2 things. I couldn't ride. I wasn't fast.

If you take anything from this thread and the reaction to your video, it is that track time will improve your skills. I'm sure a lot of experienced guys were shocked to see it. One thing is for sure, no traction was lost with either tyre. If you're honest with yourself, you will agree.

You may also find that time spent at the track will actually make you slow down on the street. Knee down at the track, not even close on the street.

I rode quickly and poorly on the street for the best part of 20 years, and openly admit it.

Take this post as you will, tell me me to go myself and I will understand. I just don't want to read a RIP thread with your name on it without having posted up.

Take care

No you are right about everything butone thing for sure. I ether hit something or had something on my tires because when I pulled over and show the other guys you can tell on the side of the tires that there was marks of dirt or whatever it was.

Say what you wanna say. If you weren't there to see it then you. Don't really know what happened. Like I say....say what you wanna say (YOU WEREN'T THERE)
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SW Sunday Morning Ride Sep 23 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 25 09-23-2012 07:54 AM
SUNDAY MORNING RIDE SW BLAKE81 Events, Meets and Rides 4 05-13-2012 07:23 AM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Jan 23, 2011 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 98 01-26-2011 09:56 AM
SW Sunday Ride August 23 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 31 08-24-2009 11:04 AM
9/23 JIMMY'S SUNDAY MORNING RIDE jimmy"zx6 Events, Meets and Rides 318 09-29-2007 06:56 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2010, 04:36 PM   #182
Tony1K
CMRA #721

Feedback Rating: (20)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2015 Aprilia RSV4 Factory Race Bike
2011 YZ450F Dirt
2015 Honda Grom

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
No you are right about everything butone thing for sure. I ether hit something or had something on my tires because when I pulled over and show the other guys you can tell on the side of the tires that there was marks of dirt or whatever it was.

Say what you wanna say. If you weren't there to see it then you. Don't really know what happened. Like I say....say what you wanna say (YOU WEREN'T THERE)
This is what I think happened, anytime you hit the double yellows, paint strips, or tar snakes at a high rate of speed with a good amount of leanangle you'll feel the bike slip, but not enough to make you run that wide unless it spooked you, which it did me the first time it ever happened. I think the slip spooked you, you ran wide to the outside edge of the other side of the street, and that's where the dirt or what have you came from on your tires.

But like you said I wasn't there, pure speculation on my part but I'd bet money on it that's what happened.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:41 PM   #183
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
the tire still would have gripped at some point... regardless i wont argue. just get to the track and get your learn on .
YES!!!! They did grip after...that's. How I safe my from eating . You can clearly see. Me fighting it till I was able to control it. If I didn't loose grip I would have keep up with the Guy at front.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:54 PM   #184
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1K View Post
This is what I think happened, anytime you hit the double yellows, paint strips, or tar snakes at a high rate of speed with a good amount of leanangle you'll feel the bike slip, but not enough to make you run that wide unless it spooked you, which it did me the first time it ever happened. I think the slip spooked you, you ran wide to the outside edge of the other side of the street, and that's where the dirt or what have you came from on your tires.

But like you said I wasn't there, pure speculation on my part but I'd bet money on it that's what happened.
Out of everyone here speculating. I actually may agree with you.
But the other side was clean as well.?!?!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:59 PM   #185
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Now this is gettng old of everyone is speculating on what happen like CSI.
Yeah I heard everyone comments about track and soon I will.
END OF THE STORY
Old 05-24-2010, 05:04 PM   #186
Tony1K
CMRA #721

Feedback Rating: (20)

Bike(s):
2015 Aprilia RSV4 Factory Race Bike
2011 YZ450F Dirt
2015 Honda Grom

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
Out of everyone here speculating. I actually may agree with you.
But the other side was clean as well.?!?!
Yeah, when you hit the lines it's a deffinate slip until you hit the pavement again, marks could have been the yellow paint from the lines slightly blackened from the tire, guess it could kinda look like dirt, but the paint probly rubbed on to the tire where you slipped accross it. Again pure speculation but highly possible.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:05 PM   #187
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

Just read 5 pages. Lucky or not that was some save.

There is a saying I love hearing over and over again: What does not kill you makes you a better person.

Be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1K View Post
Yeah, when you hit the lines it's a deffinate slip until you hit the pavement again, marks could have been the yellow paint from the lines slightly blackened from the tire, guess it could kinda look like dirt, but the paint probly rubbed on to the tire where you slipped accross it. Again pure speculation but highly possible.
also, I was going to mention that but forgot to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #188
crazivi3tdude
Commander in Chief !!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Mongoose
C
B
R

Send a message via AIM to crazivi3tdude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
1. It's up to the rider making the pass to do it safely
2. Passing a rider in their own lane is a no no

ok, you win,
both 1 and 2 is correct...

no need to tape up my mirrors, i ride without them never had the "xtra" cash to replace my broken ones

Yes! my name is Ninja!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:48 PM   #189
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazivi3tdude View Post
ok, you win,
both 1 and 2 is correct...

no need to tape up my mirrors, i ride without them never had the "xtra" cash to replace my broken ones
Ninja, u make me laugh every time i read you post man
Old 05-24-2010, 10:44 PM   #190
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiayeman View Post
Floyd..........

Another comment from a 10+ bloke.

True story.

I thought I could ride. I thought I was fast. I went to the track...........

I found out 2 things. I couldn't ride. I wasn't fast.

If you take anything from this thread and the reaction to your video, it is that track time will improve your skills. I'm sure a lot of experienced guys were shocked to see it. One thing is for sure, no traction was lost with either tyre. If you're honest with yourself, you will agree.

You may also find that time spent at the track will actually make you slow down on the street. Knee down at the track, not even close on the street.

I rode quickly and poorly on the street for the best part of 20 years, and openly admit it.

Take this post as you will, tell me me to go myself and I will understand. I just don't want to read a RIP thread with your name on it without having posted up.

Take care
He's not listening. None of us want a RIP thread, but it's gonna end up that way eventually if he doesn't listen. Sort of like gear, we can talk about it, but ultimately, it's his choice. Make lame excuses, or face the music and adjust as needed. I used to ride a little wilder, until someone took the time to straighten me out (somewhat).

In other news, I just put together that was you on the KTM at Orzaks. Very nice LC4. I was playing with the new to me 2006 ZX10R.

I will have to show you guys "Bob's Road" that we took after Burton. It ends back on 390, just in a round about way. Hope your Sunday Morning Ride went well.

Staton
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Old 05-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #191
GCgixxer685

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600

man needless to say we all need trackdays, we all need to learn. but just sayin ive only ridden that road a few times, and theres always alotta on it. i think i counted like 5 dead animals and 1 live scared to death squirrel..haha not including sum single rocks and sum patches of dirt. but i guess thats what u get w country backroads huh.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:35 PM   #192
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCgixxer685 View Post
man needless to say we all need trackdays, we all need to learn. but just sayin ive only ridden that road a few times, and theres always alotta on it. i think i counted like 5 dead animals and 1 live scared to death squirrel..haha not including sum single rocks and sum patches of dirt. but i guess thats what u get w country backroads huh.
that live squirrel scared the out of me lol
Old 05-24-2010, 11:53 PM   #193
GCgixxer685

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600

ya i was rite behind you..i just seen sumthin bouncing around tha road..looks like he got up did a front flip and burnt off tuckin tail..bahaha u should of seen tha little dudes eyes
Closed Thread

Advertisement