MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #41
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

Only thing that bothers me here and maybe im being a is everyone is saying he sold stuff to cheap... But some of these same guys only went to him bc of how cheap he is. err was.. Personally i will gladly pay more for service...
But like I said met him once, great guy he shoulda not been so cheap.. Cause from what I read his service was Class-A. Im sure he will be back and if so I will take him my buisness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how many times has this happened or almost happened to you? tripspeed General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 12-08-2014 12:29 PM
What in the happened here, strange crash. eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 07-12-2011 03:23 PM
Sunny!!!!! LunchBox Off Topic 16 08-06-2009 04:15 PM
THANK YOU sunny ( sunny motorsports) R6Spartan Off Topic 0 03-17-2009 05:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2010, 09:15 AM   #42
BossLady
CMRA #898

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 ZX6R

Member Garage

Allan may not kiss every customers that walks in the door but he's very meticulous with his work and goes out of his way to make sure he's providing excellent service.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #43
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

I've met Allan a couple of times and for sure is a cool dude. He knows whats up with motorcycles and def knows how to kickass on the track. Only if you get intimidated easily is when you might think he is a :p
I知 really happy for you and I知 going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #44
DrAwkwArD
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 9

User is banned

DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #45
Whoop
Mobile Bike Service!

Bike(s):
gsxr 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj_sandman View Post
It sucks that Sunny is no longer the owner. The new guy there is a , in my opinion. He doesn't seem interested in retaining any of Sunny's old customers (is the vibe that I get.)

I drove/rode 30+ miles to go to Sunny's. Whatever peeps may say about his business practices, dude was a good dude. His pricing wasn't ridiculously cheap, still cost $. The thing that made me go back was that he was very personable, and the kind of person that remembered your name, and more importantly the specific situation that applied to you, or your bike.

I can't remember the new owner's name, but his lack of tactfulness in dealing with clients is the reason that I don't take my business there anymore.

I now go to a shop out in Katy, where I am actually paying a bit more.

But, at least the guy who runs the shop isn't a .

Priceless.
I provide excellent honest service on motorcycles and atvs. All the work is done be me. Not some poorly paid youngster that's only trying to get a paycheck.
What I'm not good at is seating here listening to some guy I don't know rambling on about all his problems and his life story. If you want somebody to just sit there and listen to you, get a therapist. However, I do enjoy conversation, but conversation is not where one has to just listen while somebody rambles on for 30 minutes.
I'm here to do service and order parts and accessories. I also enjoy talking shop and giving advice on riding and racing.

On another note, thanks to everybody for all the kind words. Everybody is welcome to come here and even the people that are selfish and only talk about them selves are welcome to come too. But I'm not going to be your therapist. lol I will gladly help you with your bike and give free advice.
Whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #46
AJFLo

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Thanks Mel... I didnt want to seem like I was calling people poosies
I知 really happy for you and I知 going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:37 AM   #47
Hades
Underworld

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
**05 Repsol** gone :(
**CBR F4**Sold
**00 R6** Sold
**00 748** Sold
Illegal Senorita

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Hades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
It's now called Whoopie's Cycles. Use same number and address. Allan is the new owner. He is a good guy and will take care of you.
Just and FYI I called Allan yesterday and he was cool as not a at all was honest and gave me some advice and it cost nothing I will go there for service he even told me to stop buy when I needed tires and he would take care of me seemed as cool as Sunny ppl probably just need to meet the dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
I'm some what knowledgeable on PPs
Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
i ride around the pole
Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #48
Whoop
Mobile Bike Service!

Bike(s):
gsxr 1000

These peeps have one $30 oil change on their motorcycle for this month. If you can't make it in I give you the oil and filter for $20.
Blackjack
sacer625
switch
irak
mxger
ajflo
drawkward
james184
captain m

Thanks for your support!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #49
AJFLo

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Woot Woot!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #50
Hades
Underworld

Bike(s):
**CBR F4**Sold
**00 R6** Sold
**00 748** Sold
Illegal Senorita

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Whoopie View Post
These peeps have one $30 oil change on their motorcycle for this month. If you can't make it in I give you the oil and filter for $20.
Blackjack
sacer625
switch
irak
mxger
ajflo
drawkward
james184
captain m

Thanks for your support!
Hells Ya Ill be there today!!!! If not def tomorrow

Quote:
Quote:
i ride around the pole
Old 08-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #51
Whoop
Mobile Bike Service!

Bike(s):
gsxr 1000

For you track junkies that can't make it by, I can bring to a trackday or cmra race at ECR
Old 08-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #52
ZeddXavier

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 ZX-6R (sold)

Sunny is a great guy, helped me out several times and treated me better than any one else i have ever done business with. I am glad to hear he is getting some R&R. If he does come back he will have my business again for sure.
Until then, will have to see how Whoopie compares
Old 08-12-2010, 11:34 AM   #53
Tony1K
CMRA #721

Feedback Rating: (20)

Bike(s):
2015 Aprilia RSV4 Factory Race Bike
2011 YZ450F Dirt
2015 Honda Grom

I'd like to buy a can of GoFast, please pm a price... Haha. Even I have to admit I felt a bit awkward my first time there with the ownership change, guess I was just used to bullshitting with sunny... But the service was good, even bagged everything for me. Also has good track advice, helped me out a few times.
Tony1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:46 PM   #54
DrAwkwArD
Banned

Trackdays: 9

User is banned

DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #55
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Whoopie View Post
I provide excellent honest service on motorcycles and atvs. All the work is done be me. Not some poorly paid youngster that's only trying to get a paycheck.
What I'm not good at is seating here listening to some guy I don't know rambling on about all his problems and his life story. If you want somebody to just sit there and listen to you, get a therapist. However, I do enjoy conversation, but conversation is not where one has to just listen while somebody rambles on for 30 minutes.
I'm here to do service and order parts and accessories. I also enjoy talking shop and giving advice on riding and racing.

On another note, thanks to everybody for all the kind words. Everybody is welcome to come here and even the people that are selfish and only talk about them selves are welcome to come too. But I'm not going to be your therapist. lol I will gladly help you with your bike and give free advice.
very well said man..

I stopped in and i have no complaints at all. Im with you man, you are there to do a job and make bikes run. What else can someone ask for. Keep it cool man... Ill be back in for sure.

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:38 PM   #56
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years

Sunny = teh awesome

Allan = teh awesome

nuff said.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #57
Hades
Underworld

Bike(s):
**CBR F4**Sold
**00 R6** Sold
**00 748** Sold
Illegal Senorita

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
Sunny = teh awesome

Allan = teh awesome

nuff said.
And then there was Mike

Quote:
Quote:
i ride around the pole
Old 08-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #58
Whoop
Mobile Bike Service!

Bike(s):
gsxr 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD View Post
Ya me too...can I trade that oil change for about ten seconds less on my lap times?

Seriously though, thanks for the offer Allan. That goes a long way. I just did an oil change a couple hundred miles ago with some liquid gold (Amsoil) so I'll have to pass this time. However, I'm curious as to what oil you use in your race bike and why.
if you want to trade it, I can do lead follow at the track sometime for a few laps and show you the fast line and give you some track advice to get around the track faster.
I like to run a good 20w50 mineral oil and change it every 2 trackdays. I change the filter every 4 trackdays. And always before a race weekend both oil and filter.
I don't like the synthetic. It's to thin in my opinion. I notice my engine makes more noise on it. And synthetic tends to make the wet clutch slip.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:18 PM   #59
xhangyx

Feedback Rating: (18)

Bike(s):
09 repsol
06 r6 *track*
08 cbr1000rr Repsol fairings
07 crf70
02 crf450

Just got my trackbike back from Whoopies Cycles and have nothing but positive things to say about my experience there. I had never met Alan before, but after about 10 minutes of talking with him about my bike, I knew this guy knew his stuff. Seen him several times at the track and this guy is fast as ! Back to business, dropped my bike off to get worked on was told a certain day it would be ready. Not only was it ready ON TIME, but Alan personally communicated with me several times to keep me updated on it's progress.

He is definately an HONEST guy to deal with, which is my number 1 problem when dealing with taking my bike, car, truck, or dirtbike anywhere. I am the kind of guy that does all my maintenance as much as possible simply because I do not trust people with my chit. Point being, I will definately be taking my bike to this guy and ONLY this guy if I need it worked on again. He is honest and extremely reasonable with his prices. He's not out to make a quick buck on everyone just because the person may not know they're getting ripped off.

Also great prices on aftermarket products! Got me some Vesrah RJL brake pads for a smoking deal while I was there.

If you're looking for an honest, reasonalble, and knowledgeable place to take your bike, take my advice and take it to Alan at Whoopies!
xhangyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:16 AM   #60
tex_garza
can a busa be a trackbike

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2009 hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhangyx View Post
Just got my trackbike back from Whoopies Cycles and have nothing but positive things to say about my experience there. I had never met Alan before, but after about 10 minutes of talking with him about my bike, I knew this guy knew his stuff. Seen him several times at the track and this guy is fast as ! Back to business, dropped my bike off to get worked on was told a certain day it would be ready. Not only was it ready ON TIME, but Alan personally communicated with me several times to keep me updated on it's progress.

He is definately an HONEST guy to deal with, which is my number 1 problem when dealing with taking my bike, car, truck, or dirtbike anywhere. I am the kind of guy that does all my maintenance as much as possible simply because I do not trust people with my chit. Point being, I will definately be taking my bike to this guy and ONLY this guy if I need it worked on again. He is honest and extremely reasonable with his prices. He's not out to make a quick buck on everyone just because the person may not know they're getting ripped off.

Also great prices on aftermarket products! Got me some Vesrah RJL brake pads for a smoking deal while I was there.

If you're looking for an honest, reasonalble, and knowledgeable place to take your bike, take my advice and take it to Alan at Whoopies!
+100 i had never personally met alan but this guy knows his way around a bike and is stupid fast on the track i was there with xhangyx and i picked up an airfilter for an awesome price he also quoted me on install a dampner and oil change and by far the best price anyone has ever given me i will definately be back great service