MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #21
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile337 View Post
In case anyone was wondering Sunny's is open Tuesday-Fri 10am-7pm

Meaning they are not open today, Monday
not alot of shops are open mondays
how many times has this happened or almost happened to you? tripspeed General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 12-08-2014 12:29 PM
What in the happened here, strange crash. eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 07-12-2011 03:23 PM
Sunny!!!!! LunchBox Off Topic 16 08-06-2009 04:15 PM
THANK YOU sunny ( sunny motorsports) R6Spartan Off Topic 0 03-17-2009 05:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #22
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

He sold his shop from what I heard.

Go to Jack at 2wheel toyz he will take great care of you and give you a discount if you say RojerLockless from MH sent you!

hehe ok discount if you say ur from MH :P

http://www.2 Wheel Toyz.org/

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:13 PM   #23
Blackjack
7Fiddy Ryda

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesl84 View Post
So i called sunny after not being there for awhile and the guy that answered said sunny isnt there did he go out of business? did he just move the shop? any info would be great
It's now called Whoopie's Cycles. Use same number and address. Allan is the new owner. He is a good guy and will take care of you.
Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #24
sacer625

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
11 Yamaha FZ8 Street

^^^
sacer625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:38 PM   #25
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

He never had "Sunnys" on his Storefront.
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #26
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Too bad for Sunny, he was a really nice guy and really fair on price, cheap....too cheap actually...probably why he couldn't make it. Too many "buddy" deals and not generating enough $$. Not to mention from the times I was there, it was like social hour...people just hanging out there and not doing/buying anything.... Dude, this is a business, not a club, bar or Starbucks...so take care of business and ride on....that's what I would have been saying. I think not enough focus on the business, too much focus on everything else.... Sad but true...

I wouldn't have minded buying into that business. Whoopie, if you ever need a hand let me know.

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #27
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
Too bad for Sunny, he was a really nice guy and really fair on price, cheap....too cheap actually...probably why he couldn't make it. Too many "buddy" deals and not generating enough $$. Not to mention from the times I was there, it was like social hour...people just hanging out there and not doing/buying anything.... Dude, this is a business, not a club, bar or Starbucks...so take care of business and ride on....that's what I would have been saying. I think not enough focus on the business, too much focus on everything else.... Sad but true...

I wouldn't have minded buying into that business. Whoopie, if you ever need a hand let me know.
Does that smell come from this post?
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #28
bc6140

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 gsxr 600

Member Garage

2 Wheel Toyz discount?????? 60$ oil change... ftl
bc6140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #29
cj_sandman
custom user title!!

Bike(s):
'03 CBR 600 F4i
'99 FXST

It sucks that Sunny is no longer the owner. The new guy there is a , in my opinion. He doesn't seem interested in retaining any of Sunny's old customers (is the vibe that I get.)

I drove/rode 30+ miles to go to Sunny's. Whatever peeps may say about his business practices, dude was a good dude. His pricing wasn't ridiculously cheap, still cost $. The thing that made me go back was that he was very personable, and the kind of person that remembered your name, and more importantly the specific situation that applied to you, or your bike.

I can't remember the new owner's name, but his lack of tactfulness in dealing with clients is the reason that I don't take my business there anymore.

I now go to a shop out in Katy, where I am actually paying a bit more.

But, at least the guy who runs the shop isn't a .

Priceless.

Last edited by cj_sandman; 08-11-2010 at 05:46 PM.
cj_sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:26 PM   #30
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:

join the queue
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #31
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj_sandman View Post
what shop if you don't mind sharing?

the new owner (allan) is a cool dude. maybe you caught him on a bad day. for what its worth, he does know his way around bikes, as well as the race track.
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #32
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Allan is a good guy, it just takes sometime to understand his humor. Give the guy a chance, he might surprise you.

Oh, and Sunny didn't go under as ZXAlan is saying, that is a large load of . Sunny got burnt out from working the shop by himself from Monday to Sunday. He needed to take a long needed break.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:07 PM   #33
mx6er

Bike(s):
TL1KR
street legal xr50

Member Garage

Quote:

sunny hooked me/his racers etc... the up im sure he made money, its just the whole running the shop thing wore him out. takes alot to run a small business by yourself ya know, his prices IMO is just enough to where he can cover his bases and make some change and give u a great price. unlike cycle gear full retail prices.

not going to lie i went there to shoot the with him most of the time too but whenever i needed anything first name that comes out is sunny's
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj_sandman View Post
It sucks that Sunny is no longer the owner. The new guy there is a , in my opinion. He doesn't seem interested in retaining any of Sunny's old customers (is the vibe that I get.)

I drove/rode 30+ miles to go to Sunny's. Whatever peeps may say about his business practices, dude was a good dude. His pricing wasn't ridiculously cheap, still cost $. The thing that made me go back was that he was very personable, and the kind of person that remembered your name, and more importantly the specific situation that applied to you, or your bike.

I can't remember the new owner's name, but his lack of tactfulness in dealing with clients is the reason that I don't take my business there anymore.

But, at least the guy who runs the shop isn't a .

Priceless.
i've been there recently and yea he kinda is but he'll get u what u need just like a walmart. pay, get ur , go, no footing around, and that is fine by me. i'll still go there whenever i need . understandably alan's prices arent like sunny's but he's gotta cover his bases. i still got a badass deal on a yuasa battery, better than internet prices.
mx6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #34
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6er View Post
sunny hooked me/his racers etc... the up im sure he made money, its just the whole running the shop thing wore him out. takes alot to run a small business by yourself ya know, his prices IMO is just enough to where he can cover his bases and make some change and give u a great price. unlike cycle gear full retail prices.

not going to lie i went there to shoot the with him most of the time too but whenever i needed anything first name that comes out is sunny's

i've been there recently and yea he kinda is but he'll get u what u need just like a walmart. pay, get ur , go, no footing around, and that is fine by me. i'll still go there whenever i need . understandably alan's prices arent like sunny's but he's gotta cover his bases. i still got a badass deal on a yuasa battery, better than internet prices.

I agree Sunny was awesome to deal with....His prices were so low I bet they BARELY covered his cost. Great for the buyer, not so great for the seller.... I mean I am looking for deals as much as the next guy but.....One would have to do a of a lot of volume at Sunnys prices to make it, and I am not sure if the volume was there...... Who knows....maybe he was making money hand over fist...Its none of my business...

I had nothing but good dealings with him and I hate to see a small business close down, especially a Performance motorcycle shop.....Sometimes you have to evaluate your priorities and see what is more important, both in running a business and IF you even want to run the business or not. I am sure he had his reasons for getting out.

I wish Sunny the best!

Old 08-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #35
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irak View Post
Does that smell come from this post?
MMMMM..... Maybe...

Old 08-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #36
mx6er

Bike(s):
TL1KR
street legal xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
I agree Sunny was awesome to deal with....His prices were so low I bet they BARELY covered his cost. Great for the buyer, not so great for the seller.... I mean I am looking for deals as much as the next guy but.....One would have to do a of a lot of volume at Sunnys prices to make it, and I am not sure if the volume was there...... Who knows....maybe he was making money hand over fist...Its none of my business...

I had nothing but good dealings with him and I hate to see a small business close down, especially a Performance motorcycle shop.....Sometimes you have to evaluate your priorities and see what is more important, both in running a business and IF you even want to run the business or not. I am sure he had his reasons for getting out.

I wish Sunny the best!
i work in a small auto shop. its not just parts, its parts and labor.. the labor is where its at. great prices for the customer means they will be back with the cash that they saved. remember its not closed down, just sold. the shop is still open for business. sunny is a G. he stop by my shop to shoot the for a bit and he's never been happier. sleep at wee hours in morning, wake at afternoon/evening and be like what do i wanna do today is frickin sweetness. dont worry though. word on the street saids that he may be back
mx6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:36 PM   #37
boner12
Mexican Kanevil

Bike(s):
06, 636 ( bulletproof)
99 zx9r sold
2010 ducati streetfighter

sunnys was the ..nough said
Old 08-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #38
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

Met Sunny once he came down to 2 Wheel Toyz to talk to Jack, ended up buying a bike from jack to fix up, was a great guy we talked about bs and the world for over an hour.

But I go to 2 Wheel Toyz when im in Houston, Yeah Jacks discount is teh same to everyone its not really a discount per say, but he will at least match anyones deal, and if you get work done on your bike Rudy is the . So you get the mechanic from onyour bike, he is straight foward but is fair and reliable, wont BS you and wont try to sell you on something you dont need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:47 AM   #39
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #40
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I have to agree with Alan. No one is saying he failed. I too think he was practically giving away. I asked the dude why he was so cheap on some stuff. His response was basically that he needed to make just enough to keep the doors open. He said he wasn't worried about trying to turn a profit. That's a fine line for anyone to walk. There will come a time when you decide it's just not worth the time commitment involved to make 0. He was a great guy to deal with. , the last tire he mounted was free. He wouldn't take my money. I sure wish the dude luck and look forward to seeing him open up something again.
bluewave18 is online now   Reply With Quote